It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! I Want THIS!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That thing is awesome. I'd hate to have to replace those tires though.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Razmijix

I think the tires are one of the main reasons it can do what it does.

My only problem with it is that it is too cheap.

I already fight a losing daily battle with off track vehicles on my back 40. Even with the help of the local Sherrifs, a new tresspaser shows up within 10 minutes, after they take one away.

People think they have the right to just ride all over people's land with out permission, just because they get joy out of it.

I have almost every form of local wildlife moving into my personal living space seeking shelter from the invasion.

How many give a thought to what they are destroying, while they are having fun?

Some of the animals are protected, like the box turtle, the burrowing owls, and the panthers.

They destroy their habitat and don't blink an eye.

Okay. Stepping down from my soapbox.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That is insane. Those things are not even expensive for many. I mean # spend that much on a new truck with the best trim or get one of those beasts for the same price!

That is the coolest thing i have seen in a while. Thanks for the video OP. Imagine all the other toys that are out there as a project somewhere by now. If these have been around since the 60s..

Eta: i agree with the poster above. These things are TOO cheap ha...
edit on 18-3-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Extreme Off-Road Russian Amphibious SHERP [ ШЕРП ] Vehicle:
Weight - 1300 kg.
Top Speed by Road: 45 km/h.
Top Speed by Water: 6 km/h.
58 liter fuel tank.
Fuel type: Diesel.
Fuel Usage: 2 liters/h.
A carrying capacity: 1000 kg.
Passage of Maximum Obstacle: 1 meter high.
Tires pumping time: 28 sec.
Seats equipped with belts: 2
Sleeping seating / capacity: 4
---
Pricing (February 2016):
STANDARD of cross-country vehicle SHERP - $ 65 000.
KUNG of cross-country vehicle SHERP - $ 70 000.
Also Additional options.
www.sherp.ru...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wow is right. 47,000…US dollars.

Purchase one

I've almost made enough last year to pay for this lol...but I would go hungry and have no fuel for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm wondering how long those tires last, and what a replacement set run.

They've got weird tread designed to act as a paddle in water and mud, as well as grab snow- but will wear quickly on land.
You see the tires flexing a lot- very low tire pressure usually comes with faster wear rates, but the large surface area contact might make up for it.

My guess is a set of four tires is more than 30% of the cost of the vehicle.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, that's one way to look at it I guess.

My view is a little different; I have several hundred acres to patrol and keep people off, and some of it is just too rugged / wet to take a vehicle through. This means much of the patrol must be done on foot (no easy task either). With this thing I could patrol every square foot of my land with no issues.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well well , never expected Lada would suprise me, don't shoot the tires maybe they reflect projectiles. .

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd never have to worry about going out to fetch newborn calves ever again. Never fails, always the worst possible weather imaginable...in the worst possible spot to get to. Wouldn't have to worry about mad, charging, momma's anymore either. Can get kinda spooky on the ATV sometimes (at night, in the driving sleet and snow).

That, and its a mobile hunting blind.

You could show up around 4am, time enough to sit quietly, drink coffee, and watch the sun come up. For hogs, in particular, it would be great. If you drive around your land enough, the smell of the vehicle should mask your smell on the wind and not create problems for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

At the rate the price of a barrel of oil is dropping fuel is cheaper in the future.

Yur duney whomping mileage may vary.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You are reading me wrong.

I have a hell of a lot less land than the you, and this vehicle would make things so much easier for an old broad to manage what little I have.

It is not the responsible land owners having a vehicle like this that I take umbrage with, and most of what people do on their own property, is outside of my purview, but illegally taking use of another's property truly upsets me.

It is not a matter of it is mine, and you can't have any. It is the destruction of property and habitat that angers me.

When folks are joying riding around, they give no thought to what they may be destroying, forever.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Outfit it with a front and back wench, and a front scoop, and it would be a great machine to have for clearing pasture land of mesquite and cactus. Or just traversing the rough terrain of this general area.

Here you go BFFT.....................................Front and rear wenches

Cody

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd definitely be up for that!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No, you don't get where I am coming from; I understand everything you are talking about, but I deal with all those irresponsible threats in real-time. There is no rest for the wicked...and I see to it.

We have dogs who live on the borders (great Pyrenees), they call any intruders to the dogs in close to the house (the ACD's and Australian shepards). No one get's through, not animal or person, without an alarm. There's a system; everyone has a job...and all the dogs know it. That's what they do. That's how they pay the rent...and they DO pay the rent!

We've lost some dogs (sadly), but they were doing what they wanted to do. Just try one time to bring a Great Pyrenees into the house one time...it'll never happen. They are guard dogs to their very core. They stay at the farthest reaches of the ranch...and they do a critical job.

No, this vehicle would serve me well. I'm not worried about some "agenda" of destruction, but rather the here and now.

With all due respect, you may want to pontificate about 'destruction' of habitat in an abstract sense and this is all fine and good, but I have to deal with it on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I would have zero use for this.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I would have zero use for this.

But so need one

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh Heck yeah!!! You wouldn't see me for weeks. Especially with Cody599's accessory, course my wife will probably have something to say about this.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
FCD I think we are both singing to choir. Where I live is pretty remote, compared to the general areas that are local. I don't farm, but the area is zoned agriculture. I am the emergency fixer upper of the animals and people in my little area of woods.

I do see first hand what happens when the off road enthusiast goes joy riding on private lands. I not only am assaulted by the noise that the ATVs and Swamp Buggies make, but when critters are displaced by those joy riders, there reaches a point where there is very little choice for the criiters to go, and my personal space becomes less of a threat then having to contend with a metal, roaring beast.

I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing, but I sometimes feel like the word has gone out to the critter world that my place is the local ER. I had an orphaned baby squirrel run right up to me and sit on my foot. He held on my pant leg for dear life. No matter how many times I tried to shoo him away, he came right back and sat on my foot. I found out he was so young he had no teeth. That didn't last long though, they grew in pretty fast and caring for baby squirrel is no picnic; you put sleeping on the back burner.

The only time I used to see the wild boar was after the babies were big enough to travel with their parents, or when I ran across their nesting area in the back 40. Now they are almost daily visitors to my front and back yard.

I found they other day a ground owl nest less than 50 yards from my friend front door. I am hearing animals out back that I don't even recognize, because they are new to the area. For me anyways.

When chase out the critters fom their natural habitat, they have to go somewhere. When they are chaes into residential areas, they eventually get killed. Accidentally or deliberately, they get killed. That is the result of this recreational activity, done irresponsibly.

I think it is a neat vehicle, and I hope people like you get the opportunity to utilize the vehicle to your fullest advantage. I also hope that recreational, joyriders, would only use off road vehicles in designated areas "only".

Being a good neighbor includes having respect for all life forms. I would love to have one. Like I said, it would make my live a lot easier and it looks like fun.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
I'm sold. But unfortunately it looks like a Russian military project, not a civilian vehicle.

Definitely for millitairy ...

Fun vehicle never the less.. great for having when living in alaska wildeness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join