It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pours boiling water on gay Atlanta couple in bed; hate crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

it was the moms boyfriend who commired this horrendous crime.....she was okay with her son and his boyfriend, but how did she not see that her boyfriend was such a homophobe that he came into HER house and poured boiling water on them...he had to have shown some sign of being anti gay...

and shame on the tenants of the first place they went to for refusing to help them.....

the bible says LOTS of stuff...do we kill our children for swearing at us (we must it is in the bible) is your clothing made out of single thread (it must, says so in the bible) etc etc etc
edit on 18-3-2016 by research100 because: added sentences

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

if you cherry pick from the bible what you like and ignore the rest can you really call yourself a christian? if so are you saying that the infallible word of god is wrong?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
brutal.

I hope the mothers boy friend gets his.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

It also instructs us not to judge, that judgement belongs exclusively to the almighty.

I would rather follow that rule, because breaking it is to repeat the folly of Lucifer himself, elevating myself to the level of God, taking from him his right to judge. No mortal is fit to do this, so no matter what a person might do while on this earth, it is up to God to deal with their sinning, and to decide upon the consequences.

It certainly is not a job for mere mortals. No one who thinks otherwise is following Christian doctrine in delivering punishment to those they see as sinning.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

amen brit...amen

btw im an athiest

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer Christ in the new testament, changes the way things are in the older testament.
A true CHRISTian, that follows the complete bible up to the beauty of Christ is not cherry picking, when they are following what CHRIST wants us to do, ''Love one another". John 13:34-35
There are many that claim to be Christian and yet do not follow Christ. But it doesn't make any sense to Clump all Christians together as hate filled people, when that is not the case.
This thread is about a horrible act done to people. The people who did this horrible thing have a serious moral defect that has nothing to do with whatever they call them selves, whether that be Christian or any other name of a religion/non religion.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Fair enough! I will not hold that against you!

I just thought it was worth pointing out that the Bible has complexities which many do not immediately think of, when dealing with certain aspects of living. I think it is very unfortunate that there are those who have ignored the golden rule, and the segment about judgement, and done their deeds in the name of God, despite disobeying his commands all to often, not to mention those of Christ.

It is a painful irony.

Because the headlines are grabbed most often by those committing acts of barbarism, those who do these awful things in the name of God provide an unbalanced view of faith in general, especially in this day and age. Frankly, there have been few times in history where faith has been so unappealing from the outside, as it is these days.

I personally believe that those who do evil in the name of God damn themselves harder than those they strike out against, and that there will be a great many people in heaven, that would shock an extremely conservative minded person to the extent of their wanting to leave heaven immediately, assuming they ever got in.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Fair enough! I will not hold that against you!

I just thought it was worth pointing out that the Bible has complexities which many do not immediately think of, when dealing with certain aspects of living. I think it is very unfortunate that there are those who have ignored the golden rule, and the segment about judgement, and done their deeds in the name of God, despite disobeying his commands all to often, not to mention those of Christ.

It is a painful irony.

Because the headlines are grabbed most often by those committing acts of barbarism, those who do these awful things in the name of God provide an unbalanced view of faith in general, especially in this day and age. Frankly, there have been few times in history where faith has been so unappealing from the outside, as it is these days.

I personally believe that those who do evil in the name of God damn themselves harder than those they strike out against, and that there will be a great many people in heaven, that would shock an extremely conservative minded person to the extent of their wanting to leave heaven immediately, assuming they ever got in.

You sound like my mother law. I.e: reasonable.

She's a very devout Christian but has no problem with me being a staunch atheist. Or my gay brother. Her thinking is we are good people so we will not be going to any sort of hell. In fact she doesn't believe in the literal hell. But she told me even if she did, she doesn't think i would be going there.

She told me this because we are very close and i once asked her if she was worried about her daughter and me going to hell for not believing.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I believe in God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell...

I also believe that I do not have all the answers, or even a decent percentage of them and that furthermore, I am not likely to receive them before I die. Therefore, I elect not to make people's lives more awful than they need to be, to try and help people when I can and to love people. That's all I have to offer the world, or my God. I just hope it's enough.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Too bad there weren't more religious people like you centuries ago. I think the founding of the US would have been a lot less painful for the non Christians who were here originally.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

fyi i was quoting both the old and new testament...jesus framed it softly, the homo hate, but was a jew and followed jewish law....it is what he also believed
edit on 18-3-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ok enough i abhor what was done to the couple. it is beyond cruel and evil. christianity lite is what most americans follow ...im okay with that....i prefer it that way. if i ever meet a true christian im hiding my gay daughter and loading my shotgun...just saying. the bible, pentateuch, and koran teach hate alongside love, and are an indepth study in hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Too bad there weren't more religious people like you centuries ago. I think the founding of the US would have been a lot less painful for the non Christians who were here originally.

You mean the "Natives" who'd been here since the start and had ALL their land taken and replaced w/Bibles and disease?

Maybe that is what had The Great Sioux Nation to coin the phrase "Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks that have already been...."

CaDreamer- Hello from a guy who was 'born' at Queen Of The Valley Hospital and once lived on Idaho St. (My Father is in the 1st class of the Napa H.S. Hall Of Fame..) I worked in the little "bedroom community" just south of Napa/American County.. I'm relieved that You claim "no team" because isn't it in Leviticus about wearing 2 different threads? I'm sporting cotton AND lycra hahahaha...

Hiway 29 Cafe still selling that HUGE b'fast?

namaste

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer Jesus never taught us to harm or judge people. If you can find a passage directly quoting Jesus to harm or judge someone, I'd like to see it.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

yup still clogging arteries for a great price...hwy 29 cafe that is.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

did this happen I never heard about it on tv

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: joeinorlando16

if you clicked on the link there are pictures of these men with their burns ...in the hospital..,,,so w2hy are you even asking this?????

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

so (joe) you deliberately came in this thread and posted that after the terrible tragedy in Florida...I guess showing a little humanity is just asking too much of you.....

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN

edit on Jun 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join