It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Police Releases 5 Photos Of Suicide Shotgun Used By Kurt Cobain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I wonder what they base those toxicology figures on..an experienced user/addict could easily consume what would be a fatal dose to a non user and remain quite functional.. I have heard many experts who were truly clueless

Cobain had approximately 240 mg of heroin in his system, which, far from being enough to kill or incapacitate a heavy user, is less than half of the average amount used by addicts in a Swiss national cohort study.
www.vh1.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I've been saying this for decades....what'd he do? Pull the trigger with a toe? He was wearing sneakers - plainly visible in the most "famous" photograph of the scene.

Anyone who knows the length of a rifle and the reach for a trigger with the barrel in place for a head shot knows this whole thing seems off. Yeah, Kurt was lanky, long arms...it's possible I guess, but part of me has never bought that part of the official story.

Plus, as others have noted....there was reportedly too much heroin in his system to even move.

It's more likely it was staged by someone in the Heroin Scene.

Having lived in Seattle and quickly crossed paths with some of the characters in the hard drug scene up there, it's more likely whomever brought the lethal dose just pulled the trigger themselves. Hardcore junkies up there are the worst sort. Seriously bad news. Disgusting company all the way around. Never trust a junkie.

edit on 3/18/16 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sandman441

I would question how clean he really was, having said that I do not believe he killed himself. I definitely think his lovely wife had him taken out as he was ending the marriage.
Here is an interesting few paragraphs
vblah.tripod.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I inherited that same shotgun. Give me a second.

Browning A5. I'm 5'10 and could easily pull the trigger with a tow with the barrel in my mouth.

In looking at Browning A5s, every model displayed has a ribbed barrel which the one pictured in the OP does not have. The muzzle devise at the end of the shotgun pictured adds overall length, and is not pictured in any model offered by Browning. Cobain was reported to be 5'9". Taking a base of 26"bbl, adding appx. 4" for muzzle devise, and appx. 4-5 inches to trigger area would equate to 34-35" overall needed to place muzzle in mouth and using extended thumb to depress trigger.

I'm 5'8" and my arm length is 29". How do I accomplish this feat?

www.browning.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Steve Clark.. Def Leppard

Per bio.

"Death Edit

Steve Clark during the Hysteria World Tour
At the time of his death, Clark was on a 6-month leave of absence from Def Leppard.

On Tuesday 8 January 1991, Clark was found dead on his couch by Dean.[3] He was 30 years old. The autopsy revealed that he had died from an overdose of codeine. The autopsy also found that Clark had a blood alcohol level of .30 as well as the presence of the prescription drugs, Diazepam and morphine.[3] No evidence of suicidal intent was discovered during the autopsy. Daniel Van Alphen, Clark's drinking companion the night before, testified that the two went to a local pub and returned to the guitarist's home at midnight to watch a video."

Clark was a functioning user.

What was in Cobain system?
edit on 18-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I agree its mainly about the reach and the shotgun shell and shotgun position.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Correct. His shoes were on.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You're doing fine😊.

I got hit with this back in 95. Love the music. Definitely a stamp in the time frame of life. I'm going to back off. I never lIked courtney. I so want her to be guilty. But i'm dreaming. 😞

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I wonder if he staged it to get out of the limelight...

Hinted in Nirvana's last album- In Utero : Serve the Servants

"One more special message to go...then I'm done and I can go home."

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

No not staged.. truly gone. Like Bowie.😔

Oh.. clever. I got ya.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yeah.

I remember the day the news hit of his death....heart dropped so hard I had to leave work. Went home, got drunk on Jack Daniels and wouldn't leave my room for day or two. Sick thing was, the "popular kids" just laughed about it...the same way the junkies up in the Northwest would laugh when "a lightweight" overdosed in a public bathroom. Think about it, if these were the types of people he was performing for and surrounded by offstage...who in their right mind wouldn't want a way out?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: sandman441

I would question how clean he really was, having said that I do not believe he killed himself. I definitely think his lovely wife had him taken out as he was ending the marriage.
Here is an interesting few paragraphs
vblah.tripod.com...

hmmm you could be right, I thought I saw in one of the movies that he was clean for at least a month, but I could be wrong and it has been awhile since I have seen soaked in bleach or kurt and courtney, and I think I saw one or two more. But I agree with you I don't think he killed himself either.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't get it.

So they go and just now release more pics of the "gun" that was used. Why not release all the gruesome
pics of the aftermath of what said "gun" did to gun operator.

Seems to me that pics like that would be a better deterent for young folks to see. Maybe a dose of reality
would help them get out of their video mode mentality and see things for real.

The "gun" wasn't the problem. It always has and always will be the fault of the "gun operator". Be it suicide or murder.

I just don't understand...

sorry....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

He died in 94.. kids at that time or kids in general just don't get it. In time they do. I wasn't traumatised. But shock was real. I was 22. And already deep in the real world of life. It sucked, but I dealt with it. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact of such a short fame... and a good one. Impacted music for sure. Maybe it was to much for him. Remembered he had a duaghter.. I think it was Francis bean. So I pondered why leave a child behind.

You know. Props to the op's why did it take so long to release the gun photos. Because of little bean, gun rights and gov... or😑 who knows.

But I gave a star to everyone of the op's post and flag. This is not an easy subject.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Oh wonderful! Bear witness everyone! This is the tool with which Cobain produced the most interesting of his artistic output. Unfortunately, it was the spatter pattern left behind him, and it was a rip off of a Jackson Pollock, but at least it showed promise!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh wonderful! Bear witness everyone! This is the tool with which Cobain produced the most interesting of his artistic output. Unfortunately, it was the spatter pattern left behind him, and it was a rip off of a Jackson Pollock, but at least it showed promise!

I'm confused, are we making a vapid joke about someone's suicide, or is that famous TrueBrit wit just going right over my head?

The medical examiner they interviewed for the documentary (Soaked in Bleach) stated that in his entire career working hundreds of suicide cases, he'd never come close to seeing anything like Cobain, where a man loaded himself up with enough heroin to take down a bull elephant, and then calmly and carefully blast their own head off with a long rifle. It doesn't add up.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Always knew Courtney did it

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

It was not a rifle though, was it? That's a shotgun.

In any case, it was not a vapid joke in the least. It would have been, if I had been joking.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

There is no way he could have used that himself, it's massive! I'd never appreciated the size of the gun before now (not knowing anything about guns).
I remember reading loads of different theories after he died, and there was something vaguely odd about his suicide note too, that guy El Duce being hit by a train etc etc. It's never really seemed like suicide to me, more like a mess of lies and shadiness.
They played in Glasgow when Bleach came out incidentally, their set was amazing.

RIP Kurt

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Psychonautics

It was not a rifle though, was it? That's a shotgun.

In any case, it was not a vapid joke in the least. It would have been, if I had been joking.

Well hey, if you'll joke about someone's suicide, I guess I don't find it hard to believe you'd joke about someone's sexuality.

Yes, strawmaster, since a shotgun does not technically have a rifled barrel, most would not consider it a "rifle", though some shotguns do have rifled barrels, I consider any semi automatic long arm a rifle. Spread or no spread.

That being said, that nitpick had nothing to do with the validity of my statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join