It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Libertarians for Trump could be a game changer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:14 PM
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Then we have NO idea really ,as with ALL presidents.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
a reply to: Swills

not to the system which is WHY I don't trust him AND DON'T call me A liar,putz.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:24 AM

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I have been supporting likely losers the last 3 cycles.

Think most of americans have some leaning in the direction of all parties. i know I don't fit in anyone's box and that is part of the major parties problem. The candidates have to tow the party line. Leaves a large majority of us out.

Then just vote for the individual who prioritizes your goals and/or policy positions. I'm not loyal to any party, even the Green Party. But I am loyal to specific concepts and positions. As long as a candidate works on my priorities, I'll be ok. These parties aren't entitled to our votes.

originally posted by: DJW001

I agree with you insofar as most "Libertarians" are beginning to show their true colors by supporting a candidate who advocates mercantilism over free trade, and authoritarianism over democracy. I disagree with your characterization of the Greens as being "progressive," however. Many of their platforms are actually Neo-Luddite, which is the opposite of progressive.

Just curious, but you're talking about the Green Party in America, right? Because here are 2 of their party platforms (each branch can have different platforms, though they usually at least adopt the core 10 points).

The Full Platform's Index

And here's a second Green Party USA's platform, which I like even more than the first one.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but they have things like "A Worker's Bill of Rights" (and banning prison slave labor), equal rights (one has a Women's Bill of Rights), a strong relationship with Native American tribes, ending the "War on Drugs", revitalizing the public education system through increased funding (and banning vouchers and charter schools), etc. And this doesn't include the trademark environmental issues they advocate. All of these are definitely "progressive" in regards to American politics, and I only touched on a few of their positions.

Of course, each branch is different and can have different priorities.
edit on 20-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:41 AM

originally posted by: Blueracer

I agree. I've seen lots of people say they supported Ron Paul but now they are for Bernie Sanders. That's about as complete opposite as you can get. It makes no sense unless you realize they were probably never Libertarian in the 1st place. Same goes for Libertarians for Trump.

I think that's touching on an underlying issue for a lot of people, regardless of their position on the political spectrum: A lot of citizens hate the current system and/or the career politicians who control the system. So I think a lot of people that fit your example just want anyone who'll kick out some of the snakes and "break" the rigged game. So if they think Rand will do it, they'll support him. If not him, maybe Bernie or Trump or whoever else.

Personally, I'd welcome an administration that actually put the citizens first and made a concerted effort to flush out corruption. My major issue with the specific movements we have right now is that I don't want the system to be destroyed. I want it to be drastically improved, fair, efficient, low cost, and work for all of us.

Unfortunately, changes of that scale will require a lot of dedicated people at every level of government. But that will be impossible if even the "anti-establishment" candidates put insiders in their administrations. Of course, it can be argued that you need at least a few insiders in order to know how to navigate the system. But who's to say those people are trustworthy or won't go on ideological witch hunts, instead of helping clean up the system?

Sorry, rambling a bit.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Your link provided more evidence to my speculation about Libertarians who find the Civil Rights Acts lamentable and see a kindred spirit, a savior, in Trump .

Loyola professor who called slavery 'not so bad' loses lawsuit against New York Times

In January 2014, Walter Block... was quoted in a New York Times article as saying slavery "was not so bad -- you pick cotton and sing songs." The article...also quoted Block as saying Woolworth's had the right to exclude blacks from its lunch counters because "no one is compelled to associate with people against their will."

OTOH maybe he like's Trump's vow to "open up our libel laws".

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
I don't really think anyone can fix what is wrong with this country. The central banks have a stranglehold on any economic activity and business (Trump=Business Dude) can't seem to wrap it's collective head around anything further out than the next quarter.

Running a country like a business is how everything got all twisted up in the first place.

The other issue that too many don't seem to realize is that politicians always say what their constituents want to hear, build on that momentum to get elected into office, and forget what they promised to do for the people who vote for them.

There is a lot of interference from those entities, business and organizations which possess great power over many aspects of what happens in a country, which are not elected and have no term limits to hinder their long term aspirations regarding the future.

Trump is pretty hostile and babbles some pretty ridiculous things. I put a clip into a thread that was discussing Drumpf, of George Carlin talking about why he doesn't bother to vote (yup, I know he's dead), and the Trump supporters got all worked up about how Carlin has such a foul mouth.

Imagine that?.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
a reply to: desert

Not at all ,QUITE simply this is the "DEM BALLS" vote of America.
A swipe at the larcenous parties by throwing a wheeler dealer and Chaos at them.
If nothing else, JUST to disrupt them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>