It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarians for Trump could be a game changer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I recently read that a poll taken in 2015 which showed 27 percent of people considered themselves Libertarians which was 1 and 2 percent more than repubs and dems respectively

Libertarians are jumping on the Trump Train. Ludwig von Mises Institute senior fellow Dr. Walter Block and Dr. Donald Miller and former Cardiac surgeon and Lew Rockwell dot com wrote, Dr. Donald Miller have joined forces creating the new group, Libertarians For Trump. They’re not alone. Liberty blogger Judy Morris as well as author and Liberty Candidate Gigi Bowman have recently published why they are standing with Trump.

Despite the disaffected anarchists who abandoned voting after Ron Paul didn’t capture the nomination in 2012, block says in his announcement of the new Libertarians for Trump that, “that there is nothing, nothing at all, incompatible between libertarianism and voting, or supporting political candidates.”

link

I have never believed this was about Trump as a person or his policies but more about the people becoming more aware and saying "we want a voice and it is time for it to be heard" and "enough of the elites".

If you read the article that includes a couple of bloggers they speak to the point that they don't agree with all Trump policies but want to support who might be president. I take that to mean they want to support the one closest to their beliefs.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Since when is Trump not part of the elite? The guy has a golden toilet.

So the people are saying enough's enough, we want an elite to tell the other elites we're sick and tired of elites?

Is America this stupid? People are choosing the bottom of the barrel elitist to represent them. So dumb.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The simple fact that (so far) Trump hasn't been bought.

That's progress to me.

Who can save us from a 20 Trillion dollar deficit?

Nobody, might as well let Trump try.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

He claims he isn't bought but for a guy who specializes in getting other people to invest in him I find it hard to believe this is case all the sudden. But let's say it's all true and he isn't bought what's to stop him from going back to bizness which most definitely includes the exchange of monies and favors. You really think Trump is gonna bring you a corruption free administration? No scandles? If you think the Obama and Hillary scandles were big news just you wait until president Trump makes headlines!

The guy admits himself he buys politicians. He plays the game and he's not gonna fix a damn thing. He's gonna break it and let America file for bankruptcy as he leaves office.

Time to wake up.
edit on 17-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

When we peons speak of elites in the election process we speak of the 'insiders' who control the election process. The George Soroes and Kock's , the RNC and DNC all who control who run for the office.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Just fixing the trade deficit would be a good start. The fact that some of our trading "partners" are alarmed, is somewhat encouraging were he to win. I don't know how effective a President he would be, as the entire machine seems to be turned against him, but I don't think it'd be as terrible as some are making it out to be, either.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

He claims he isn't bought but for a guy who specializes in getting other people to invest in him I find it hard to believe this is case all the sudden. But let's say it's all true and he isn't bought what's to stop him from going back to bizness which most definitely includes the exchange of monies and favors. You really think Trump is gonna bring you a corruption free administration? No scandles? If you think the Obama and Hillary scandles were big news just you wait until president Trump makes headlines!

The guy admits himself he buys politicians. He plays the game and he's not gonna fix a damn thing. He's gonna break it and let America file for bankruptcy as he leaves office.

Time to wake up.

Hillary's a criminal.

Obama used the IRS to get elected.

America is already bankrupt.

Let Trump take a swing at it...WTF

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm unaffiliated.
I HAVE to vote for him ,he's the only outsider left.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I'm unaffiliated.

Yep, a real outsider...

And just for kicks & giggles:

For those who won't or can't click on this thumbnail, it's Trump with Bill Clinton (again). And the guy on the end is a certain Michael Milken. Yes, "The Junk Bond King" who almost singlehandedly caused the late 1980s Savings & Loans crisis and the recession that followed it. You can read "Predator's Ball" and "Den of Thieves" to learn more about Milken's exploits.

edit on 18-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: added more

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

If he can get people to invest in him could he not get people to invest in the US. I have no illusions that he will make deals with corps but if you are aware of the 'other government' he will have no choice. That said, I have no doubt it will have to be a compromise.

Everyone has scandles. It is part of the process and media.

Right, he admits to buying politicians. Who is the last person you know to admit that? He just said what most of us already know. You give money...you get favors in return.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I'm unaffiliated.

That is the feeling of many I think...regardless of who he parties with

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If it came down to a binary choice between Hilary and Trump I would vote Trump, but I want to see what my options are in November. It would be hard to find two more unlikable human beings than Hilary and Trump.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm unaffiliated.

I'm sort of coming around to the line of thought that says he's the closest thing to a viable 3rd party candidate as we're going to see for awhile. A bit like Perot in the 90's, and the establishment in the parties both painting him the same way, as well. He was a similar candidate, with many of the same flaws. I'm surprised we don't see more comparisons, actually. I guess, Trump running inside the GOP as opposed to outside, is a big difference.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The simple fact that (so far) Trump hasn't been bought.

That's progress to me.

Who can save us from a 20 Trillion dollar deficit?

Nobody, might as well let Trump try.

Not been bought? You don't think so. That man has 600 ways to hide money and people like us probably know 6 of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

When we peons speak of elites in the election process we speak of the 'insiders' who control the election process. The George Soroes and Kock's , the RNC and DNC all who control who run for the office.

You forgot Trump in those insiders.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Swills

Time to wake up.

Obama used the IRS to get elected.

NO.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

If he can get people to invest in him could he not get people to invest in the US. I have no illusions that he will make deals with corps but if you are aware of the 'other government' he will have no choice. That said, I have no doubt it will have to be a compromise.

Everyone has scandles. It is part of the process and media.

Right, he admits to buying politicians. Who is the last person you know to admit that? He just said what most of us already know. You give money...you get favors in return.

Talk to the people that invested in him. They got screwed, lost their money and then he told them to screw off.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I'm unaffiliated.

I'm sort of coming around to the line of thought that says he's the closest thing to a viable 3rd party candidate as we're going to see for awhile. A bit like Perot in the 90's, and the establishment in the parties both painting him the same way, as well. He was a similar candidate, with many of the same flaws. I'm surprised we don't see more comparisons, actually. I guess, Trump running inside the GOP as opposed to outside, is a big difference.

Like Perot? Oh no.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If it came down to a binary choice between Hilary and Trump I would vote Trump, but I want to see what my options are in November. It would be hard to find two more unlikable human beings than Hilary and Trump.

If it is Clinton v Trump in November I am just not voting. But at least Clinton knows foreign policy. A trump president would be a nuclear war.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Any libertarian who would support an elitist authoritarian egomaniac like Trump is not a libertarian.

If Trump did 10% of the things he claims he will do in office, he would be the biggest usurper and dictator in US history.

Bar none. No, there's no way an actual Libertarian, by definition, could vote for that windbag.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join