It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia claims to have tested a hypersonic missile, the Mach 6 Zircon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There's not a lot known about the missile.

The Russians claim it goes Mach 6. Its also supposed to come out of a vertical launch system and will be used by at least their Kirov class (whatever they call it) and their new attack subs. Its intended as an ASM and supposedly will have a range of 1000 km (and have a red cape, too, I'm sure)

The Russians claim to have launched the missile from a ground based segment as part of the testing. That's a no-no.

I wish I had more sources (and actually reliable ones) about it. I have to wonder whether or not they will have the Tu-22Ms pick this one up. If so, this is a headache for the battle groups.

Anyone know anything substantial? Or is this more smoke being blown up people's rumps?

www.rt.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i remember hearing acouple years back a few countrys working on these, no surprise here.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

One area where Russian tech seems to pretty consistently live up to the hype is their missile systems.

Their aircraft claims are often a hot load of BS, but ever since they got all the good scientists from Peenemunde, their rockets and missiles have been nothing to mess with.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The Russians employed supersonic cruise missiles last year in Syria. Some of that was caught on video. They weren;t Mach 6, but still hit their targets.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Actually, a fair number went splat inside of Iran and a few in Iraq. Not bagging on them, just stating. Their attacks were far better than most expected them to be.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

Actually, a fair number went splat inside of Iran and a few in Iraq. Not bagging on them, just stating. Their attacks were far better than most expected them to be.

Got a link for the 'splats'?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

WaPo for one:

www.washingtonpost.com...

There are others. I was covering the Russian intervention on my blog (the semi infamous The Dragon's Tales all yall have been referencing since 2013 at least) under the title "Russia's Most Syrian Adventure."
edit on 17-3-2016 by anzha because: adding link to save folks dealing with too many ads

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This sounds like more of a big deal than it really is...
Because black project drones missiles and anti missile technology from the US and also Canada exceeds this by a vast margin and boasts superiority with speeds of mach 20...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

got any links? nvm found my own.thats pretty amazing i think
edit on 17-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

I don't have a link sorry...
just offering some insight on the fact we are rather well protected against all things that traverse the sky and that includes objects from space unless they are very massive...
In those cases they will be spotted much earlier on and believe it or not a much more subtle approach then total destruction would take place in such cases...
as space based technology would both track target seek out and attach itself to said object then alter its natural course and thus avert impact with earth...
But you would just have to take my word on it...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So...hiring oil drillers and turning them into astronauts and sending them to drill and bury nukes on the rock is out?

But...I don't wanna miss a thing...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Made for a damn good movie I admit that...
But I'd rather put my faith in technology already in place that can cause a deviation great enough to remove the threat with ease...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I 'm anxious to see the DEWs roll out ,in the Fighter category.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The distant early warning line is much more than it once was and these technologies are indeed key players...
But unless in a picture or seen on the ground for yourself at top speeds you would have a much better chance to hear them then to see them they are that fast...
And if you did hear them you would most likely think you heard some rather odd thunder perhaps from a cloudless sky or thought there was an explosion somewhere...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

They've been working on their own version of the Bhramos II for several years now. I really wouldn't put missile tech from Russia in the same class as their aircraft, as Barnalby said. They've always had the advantage when it came to missiles.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Perhaps a deep Trumpet sound? Like everyone has been hearing?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

WaPo for one:

www.washingtonpost.com...

There are others. I was covering the Russian intervention on my blog (the semi infamous The Dragon's Tales all y'all have been referencing since 2013 at least) under the title "Russia's Most Syrian Adventure."

'WaPo', doesn't 'link' either except "anonymous pentagon spokesman". If they had pics of downed missile they would hang it like trophies. When US cruise missiles crashed in Syria, it was all over the internet…

scroll down in here...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No those are harmonics produced by the earth itself when the earth's atmosphere is lifted by technology...
Perhaps you have heard of haarp?
if not...it's sounds to me like you have heard an effect it produces...
edit on 18-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

No those are harmonics produced by the earth itself when the earth's atmosphere is lifted by technology...
Perhaps you have heard of haarp?
if not...it's sounds to me like you have heard an effect it produces...

Puh-leeze. Perhaps you have heard...it's been offline for over a year, except for one last run about 9 months ago?

And it doesn't "lift the Earth's atmosphere". Can't even come close. You get HAARP to make a sound other than the generators running, you let me know.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

And let's not forget that UAF bought it or is going to be using it for collegiate research...I'm not sure, but something that can do half the things HAARP is supposed to do? I seriously doubt it'd be up for grabs by a public university. LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join