It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why and When I Post on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
First off, I am not always right I am often wrong. I think that I can admit that sets me apart from many people on this site. Heck, I posted a rant the other day and got a good education on why I was asked for ID at an ophthalmologists office. I admitted I hadn't thought it through. I TRY to be open to new ideas and when I am wrong I TRY to admit it...especially if I find someone with a new and logical perspective.

I usually post when my freedom or financial freedom is threatened. I will usually post if someone else wants to tell me what I need to do or what I need to think. I usually post if someone makes an emotional argument instead of a logical one. I don't like disingenuous posts that are slanted or misleading. I don't like bullies.

I have made plenty of mistakes on ATS. I can look at many posts I have made that make me cringe. However, I think at the heart of the matter I just want to be able to be free as much as is possible in our totalitarian republic we like to call the United States of America.

I also want YOU to be free and to have all your rights. I don't believe that a crime exists without a victim of person or property. You should be able to do what you want. I am pro everything that doesn't directly hurt others or their property.

I support that some people want to be in a political party such as Republican or Democrat, but I often will post when I see someone making their partisan arguments because it is damn annoying to me.

I hope you have a religion or spiritual philosophy that brings you happiness even if that is no belief, but if you attack someone else's spiritual beliefs I find it REALLY annoying as I think that is such a personal thing that we should all respect.

I don't value your emotional responses to things or your attempt to tug at the heart strings. I don't find a lot of value in emotion and certainly I wouldn't make decisions based on them under normal circumstances.

I will admit I am sometimes a hypocrite. I admit I sometimes am inconsistent depending on if I got enough sleep or exercise on a particular day, but I TRY to be better each day than I was yesterday.

I value freedom, personal liberty, family and the right to do absolutely nothing.

You do you, I will do me...we all live free.

Peace ATS.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I generally post when something provokes a response.

Obviously, I am opinionated which can be either a good or bad thing depending on your perspective.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I generally post when something provokes a response.

Obviously, I am opinionated which can be either a good or bad thing depending on your perspective.

You and me both!

I always enjoy your posts.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Hi Metallicus, I am pretty new on ATS. I have read some, not all your posts. I can tell a brilliant person right away! Your one of the top. You see things like the way Eagles hunt prey, from a distance. In my opinion your a great person!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Heck, I was old to "shut it" tonight just because I had a different opinion.

I haven't been told to "shut it" in 40 years.

But this is the internet. Everyone here is perfect, rich, has a high IQ, and knowing more than Hawkins and Einstein combined.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Hi Metallicus, I am pretty new on ATS. I have read some, not all your posts. I can tell a brilliant person right away! Your one of the top. You see things like the way Eagles hunt prey, from a distance. In my opinion your a great person!

Thanks, brother and welcome to ATS.

You clearly have good taste!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Have you wondered how many times you refer to yourself in the first person in the OP? Have you considered why you do so much?

Was reading your rant and it just stuck out for some reason.

The message is a good one though. I know I make a lot of mistakes on a daily basis, and say stupid things. And also respect the right of others to believe differently.

As far as political partisanship. Agreed, it is stupid. Two sides of the same coin, and all that jazz.

And you come across overall as a well rounded and logical person.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Metallicus i also enjoy your posts,

So here's to Peace Freedom and Good Posts

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeisGrand

Considering most posts everyone here will make fall into the range of personal opinion I don't see why filtering through personal opinion is such a bad thing. In the realm of opinion, a person's personal experiences are at least as valid as anything else for shaping them.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Great post my friend. I admire your ability to be introspective enough to recognize a mistake.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I also want YOU to be free and to have all your rights. I don't believe that a crime exists without a victim of person or property. You should be able to do what you want. I am pro everything that doesn't directly hurt others or their property.

I hope you have a religion or spiritual philosophy that brings you happiness even if that is no belief, but if you attack someone else's spiritual beliefs I find it REALLY annoying as I think that is such a personal thing that we should all respect.

So you're all for freedom up until 'spiritual beliefs' are 'attacked'?

Beliefs, spiritual or not (whatever spiritual means) should be criticized just as much as someone's opinions, calling them 'spiritual' doesn't put them beyond reproach.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why : Need to breath chill calm it down
When : Just had a car accident and needed to stop trembling
(Forgot my old acc password)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I will admit that seeing your name as the most recent poster will at times inspire me to check out a thread I had previously not looked at.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

There is a sharp difference between criticism and attack.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Could you explain what you consider to be the differences in this context?

As it seems to me that people only consider criticisms to be 'attacks' when it's supernatural beliefs being criticised. Because they're super personal or something....

new topics

top topics

join