It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost at sea and presumed dead, missing dog returns to owner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This makes me so happy and warm and fuzzy!!!!!!

Lost at sea and presumed dead, missing dog returns to owner

It fills my core with joy....seriously. I needed a pick-me-up....

Luna, a 1½-year-old, blue-eyed German shepherd/husky mix, fell overboard from a fishing boat off the coast of San Clemente Island in February and was missing for five weeks before she turned up near a naval facility on the island, said Sandy DeMunnik, a spokeswoman for Naval Base Coronado.

Five weeks!!!! Lost at sea!!!!!

They had aircraft and coast guard looking - but no one saw her.
"She blended right in", they said....

[Then] on Tuesday morning, some five weeks after the canine disappeared and after had everyone lost hope that she would be found, Luna reappeared.

Booker said that crew members driving along the island’s main road found her sitting by the side of the roadway. “They literally opened up the car door, whistled and she jumped right in,” Booker said.

She was sitting by the road? I wonder how long she was actually in the water, and how long she'd been on solid ground before she made her way back to that road.......

DOGS ARE THE BESTEST!!!!!!!!

Check the link for photos. This makes me feel happy in an otherwise sad, sad world.

edit on 3/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Gosh, lucky dog. Warm and fuzzy all over. I would have been devisted. Then I would have held my dog dogs for hours in tears after being reunited. 😢

👈my boys minus kipper the white sheppard.
edit on 17-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I know, right?!!! I love my dogs - they are family. This dog made it home.......

I have adopted dogs that were dumped and approached groups of people during sleet storms before. One of our cats was found tucked under the base of a house against the foundation in the snow - my friend called to tell us - we went and got him, and he's the sweetest thing ever.

Someone had crippled him as a tiny kitten by stepping on his leg so now he walks with a limp - and he has an umbilical hernia and a messed up digestive tract, a snaggle-tooth, and his front paws are splayed. Some "kitten mill" didn't give a crap about him - he wasn't "breeding material" - so they booted him out.

He lives with us now - his name is Steve. And he is THE BEST!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

My pets are as every bit of a loving human they can be. So something happening of this nature would crush me. I would never forgive myself.... even if they returned to me. All 3 of my kids are Chip'd.

I had a cat like that. Found him at about 4 weeks. The kids in the neighborhood kicked Charlie around. Got him care and back to health. Wouldn't leave my side. Lasted 16 years. I to have taken in many animals.. a goat and pony too😁

The white sheppard Kipper is a rescue. He was a Bomb sniffing dog. And never leaves my side also. Murphy and Ben as shown in my avatar are weimaraners. Weim's are the only dogs I'll fork up the cash for.... having had 2 before. I'm not a hunter, but this breed will amuse you, love you and learn many things to be more like you. They mimic alot of my human traits. 😅😆

Thanks for the feels on this thread. S&F's😊

To add. Murphy is the one sitting up ( it's how he likes to sit on the couch ). He's 2 yr. 3 month. 122 lbs. His little cousin Benny is 1 yr. 4 months. Benny is a more normal size at 58 lbs. Same blood line.. Murphy is 122 lbs of lap dog when he can.😁

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thanks for being here!!!!!

I prefer to hang out with people who like animals, too -
if a person is like "ew, no" about animals, they are not allowed into my close circle.

'I hate dogs' or 'I hate cats' people - yuck.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Amazing! That dog deserves a nice porter-house steak!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One of my relatives in Ireland lost a cat approx 10 miles from her home.. That cat turned up at the house 3 weeks later.. Covered in mud. The amazing thing is, it would have had to cross a river to get to the house.

How do they do that? When I hear these type of stories it always amazes me..

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

We lost a cat right before we found Steve.
His name was Little Bear. One of our neighbors had a tendency to catch Manx cats (which this one was) and take them across the river and dump them. (He told us this).

Little Bear disappeared. He never made it home, though. I looked. His sister (who has a tail) still lives with us.

I confronted the neighbor, who had been the last to see our cat alive, and asked if he'd killed and buried our cat. He threatened to beat the # out of me. I went home and told Mr Wigs, and he went over there to bang on the door, but the guy refused to answer. Coward and killer. NO ONE on our street (and we all know each other) likes that guy.

Ahole.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Thanks for being here!!!!!

I prefer to hang out with people who like animals, too -
if a person is like "ew, no" about animals, they are not allowed into my close circle.

'I hate dogs' or 'I hate cats' people - yuck.

You would be in good company with my friends aunt then, she has tons of animals in her house.. Dogs, cats, birds, lizards, rabbits, fish and other weird creatures. She even has a pot bellied pig.. I mean.. What the F Is that all about, she lives in the heart of London!!
I was in her house one day and felt something on my foot.. It was a turtle!! Roaming around the house..

Although she cares for these animals and is clean.. It's ridiculous. You have to draw the line somewhere..
I've said it before and I'll say it again.. She is weird and she smells..

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thanks....👍my pleasure☺

WeRpeons, so true🍔 best I can do.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, I understand that.
We have only 2 dogs and 2 cats, some fish, and some plants. There's plenty of space, and everyone has a job (the fishes job is to entertain us, the plants clean the air, the dogs are fetchers and watchdogs/patrols, the cats are mousers/mole/snake-hunters).

It's all good.

Used to have horses and chickens, too - but that's a whole nuther topic.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

We lost a cat right before we found Steve.
His name was Little Bear. One of our neighbors had a tendency to catch Manx cats (which this one was) and take them across the river and dump them. (He told us this).

Little Bear disappeared. He never made it home, though. I looked. His sister (who has a tail) still lives with us.

I confronted the neighbor, who had been the last to see our cat alive, and asked if he'd killed and buried our cat. He threatened to beat the # out of me. I went home and told Mr Wigs, and he went over there to bang on the door, but the guy refused to answer. Coward and killer. NO ONE on our street (and we all know each other) likes that guy.

Ahole.

I'm not super keen on owning pets even though my wife has to cats..

But when people harm animals it makes my blood boil..
I would want to beat the hell out of that guy!!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yep - the entire neighborhood wants to do that.
My good friend who found Steve actually did punch him once.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ordinances are at play where I live now. No more than 2, 4 legged house pets at a time. Unless you have a service dog. Ehhemmm.... little Benny is in training. They have a fenced in 1 acre back yard to play safely too. Sooooo less stinkedge inside. Bathes regularly. Sometimes they my find a 💩. Then I can't help it. So a quick hose will do do.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We had an "ordinance" some years ago - when I had horses and chickens and cats and dogs on a micro-ranch....

I had 3 dogs and 7 cats.

Some jerk across the street (not the same kitten-killer guy as recently) threatened to shoot my dog AND ME....
I called the cops.

They helped me file a suit (domestic mediation court) against him (he was an ex-cop, a dirty one), and then asked me

"How many pets do you have?"

I said 3 dogs and 7 cats.

One of them said, "you're allowed to have 2 dogs and 3 cats. Now - how many do you have?"

"3 and 7 - what, do you want me to kill the rest?"

(It was very clear that I was adequately caring for all of them.)

"No," they said, "but you're only supposed to have 2 and 3." (wink wink, nod, nod.....) "How many do you have?"

I said, "I have two dogs and 3 cats."

They smiled and bid me good day......

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sorry ran out real quick.

G'zus.... I get along with the cops here thankfully. And it's a dog friendly neighborhood. Right now I just have the 3 boys. With each passing of my dogs over the years. It's getting harder. My heart can't take it much anymore. But I said that after Jack my previous weimaraner I had to put down after a year battle with diabitis. At the time the only company here in the U.S. was cited by the FDA and halted all production of Veterinarian grade Insulin. So I had to put him down. Same with Mylo.

But at 42. Not counting these 3.

12 dogs
5 cats
3 hamsters
2 Rabbits
1 pony
1 goat
Many fish

And 1 Boa constrictor named Fred.

The goat, pony, 4 dogs, 1 rabbit and mr. Whiskers the orange cat.. all at once. All the dogs were strays at that time..
With the exception of the cat. Everyone was named Xanadu. 😆

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Applause! ! Sweet Luna....

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I think of all the pets I've buried, and it breaks my heart. I have three distinct 'pet cemetaries' -

I rehomed my horses before any of them died. I think of them as still alive. My sister-in-law (where mine were staying at the time) had one of her beloved bays die. She had to hire a backhoe to bury him.......

in some ways, I've been glad to say "farewell" to my beloved horses (two of which I knew from prenatally, imprinted and trained myself; Rodney and Ara);

Suzanna and Libby (who were their dams); Laurhannon, a lovely Shire filly; Jet, my POA who I bought as a stallion - and trained into a great trail horse); and Paddy, my first horse since the original (Huck).

Huck. When I was 12, I was horse crazy. I talked my brothers into getting a paper-route with me (this was back in the days when kids on bikes rolled, wrapped, and threw papers.....and once a month went out "collecting."......)
so we could buy a horse.

We did that route for a long time (probably felt like years to us), and finally came up with $250. Mom and Dad took us to a 'Rental Horseback Rides' place. They had a buckskin for sale. We bought it.
I, a romantic, horse-crazy middle-schooler, named him "Huckleberry Heart O' Gold". When I announced this at the dinner table, my entire family burst out laughing. Anyway, that was his "name", but they called him 'Huck'. We all did. Even now, when mom and I talk about him, she says Huck, and I say "it's Huckleberry Heart O' Gold!" And we both laugh.

We had no idea of this horse's history.......so I learned a tremendous amount......
When I got into high school, my mom sold him to the local farrier. I was the one who "exhibited him" under saddle, and I tried like hell to get him to buck me or run away or ANYTHING. But, no. I had taught him to run barrels, and to behave appropriately; dang it - he performed amazingly. The guy bought him. I vowed that day to buy him back.
In my own way, I have done that......

And all of that was due to my friend Susan, who had introduced me to equestrianship a year earlier - I learned to ride on little Shetland ponies. One was a mouth-numb little jerk, one a placid vaulting stand. Twenty-five cents an hour.
The old man just took our quarters and went back inside... There was NO supervision.

Anyway, this is TOTALLY off-topic.....just, I'm glad I didn't see any of my giant babies die. I don't think I could have borne it. So, in my mind they are ALL still alive......
the smaller ones, however, number in the dozens.

edit on 3/18/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: just - telling a story. hope you all enjoy it

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What a fantastic story thankyou for sharing.......

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Oh wow , what could have rescued that dog? I've heard that dolphins are somehow close related in some matter with dogs, because of their telepathic abilities. .

top topics

join