It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are moments?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

My father upon his deathbed told me he had been murdered and made clear who was responsible.

The person who he identified was involved in something very serious but even more important he was a sex offender.

I exposed him for the fraud he was,to what was actually a lot of people he had harmed besides my father.

The people who supported him had no idea he was a pervert and criminal to this extent.

They found out and became very angry about that.

That was just one project but it was an important one to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Thought is not reality, past and future are based on thought.
when thought is not involved, there is no question of moment.
Only joyful presence in an ever changing environment.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Thought in reality makes technology, poetry, philosophy and so on possible.

But we agree in a way.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A moment that one is realized, then one is past and then another makes itself available.

Enjoy every moment.
edit on 17-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: intrptr

Yes that is true but we inherently gather information during each one.

We are designed to do that and it perpetuity that issue could have meaning beyond what we today relate to.

i agree, our brains are designed to record every sound sight and smell, even while we sleep. The human CCTV. One day the books will be opened and we will know the truth of who did what to whom.

Can't wait.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

A moment is a romanticized measurement of the occurrence and/or duration of an event by a speaker -

a speaker who seeks to emphasize the occurrence and/or duration of an event

because they feel that the occurrence and/or duration of an event is somehow important.

We are conception and so we give importance to the growth of conception.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

An example of a conception, "I think therefore I am".

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Any awareness/sensation is something conceived by your forefathers or yourself and is your conception.

From the moment you are "conceived" until the moment you die, you are conception. Our entire lives are the growth of our conception.

Conception of will/force/spirit -- we are being born into the spirit.

The body is the measurement of conception, like my words here are the measure of how I see my will to write these words - they are what I see when I measure my will - the image of my conception.
edit on 3/17/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Perhaps being a Spirit has something to do with relating to moments in perpetuity.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Maybe time is measured will?

Like a math equation, where the function/will and measurement of the function/will are one and produce an image/solution which is also a part of the function and measurement of said function. The function is to produce an image of the functions measure. And then that just feeds back into itself as an image for measure/awareness of function/will - like me giving you these words so you can see my measure of my will and in turn gain the same awareness of will/function/force/time. The function is to produce spiritual awareness or awareness of time/will/forces.

x + y = z

The entire equation is a function to produce an image of the measure of function - like your soul (the measure of x+y=z) being the measure/awareness of your spirit (the function or will of x+y=x) and your body (the image or body or symbol of x+y=z) being the image of your measurement/awareness.

Can you understand what I'm saying?

What I'm getting at is that, the question isn't whether or not we measure time as will, but whether or not time is completely or just partially will. Our emotions are unquestionably linked to time/will as the measure of what we expect(ed) of time/will, and where life is present, time/will both behave in the same manner. So... are they completely the same or only partially the same (where life has control)?
edit on 3/17/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The stories you will never forget
The seconds you anticipate
The moment right now

edit on 18-3-2016 by Lultimate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Surely you know what moments are...your child laughing while combing back her stringy hair, tears when you get an unexpected gift, writing down directions to get to somewhere, ignoring a phone call bc you don't want to talk to someone, me...writing on this message board, you...reading this.

The more grand question I think is "how do you live in the moment". How do you live life so that each moment...that means every waking minute of your life...is lived at its fullest.
edit on 18-3-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
In meditation I consider that every moment is not just about day to day life. But also in relation to a model of everything that is happening everywhere in how I generally relate to the Universe.

What I am suggesting is that relating to the moment in this way opens the mind to a way of interacting, that for me has been a really positive experience.

Everything that happens everywhere in a moment is an aspect of the Universe at large in so far as structure.

A kind of mirror in a manner of speaking that in itself is unique.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Sorry this kind of when over my head, so in layman's terms...

Are you maybe saying for ex.

You are drinking water, then you blast off to the thought of how drinking that water effects others around you and then eventually, how it effects the universe?

I like your verbiage and ideas, I just need to understand them more.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Actually I had never looked at it that particular way but you have the gist of what I am suggesting.

In mediation I begin by relating to all the activity on Earth at any particular moment. From there I move on to the point where I am relating to everything that can exist in the Universe in a moment.

Its kind of like remote viewing but instead to trying to focus on identifying one particular thing. The focus is upon all things at once that can occur within the time span of one moment.

A premise being that such a condition is representative of the whole in what is an important way.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

so for ex.

You are meditating...then you expand out and think...hmmm, a tree may be falling in a forest here, a drop of water will be falling there, a child is crying in the house next to me (obviously bc you hear him), the wind is blowing over the northeast hemi, a storm is coming...

How do you possible know EVERYTHING that is happening tho, I don't think that is something that an average person can do.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Its not a matter of knowing exactly what is happening. Its a matter of framing in perspective what is general you understand to be happening.

So in the asteroid belt there are impacts occurring, the voyager space-crafts are leaving the solar system, birthday parties are occurring for children who were born today all over the world. The further you go out in meditation there are other events that are clearly going on, as in galaxies turning, Super clusters and also the recent images of how the universe at some grand scale looks kind of like brain activity.

Distance in relation to the quantum scale is definitely not a factor in so far as scales we understand. And there is really no reason to consider that beyond scales we can relate to experimentally, that in fact distance are not a barrier.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Moments are simply that time we give importance to. All is composed of time, moments are that which we choose to live through awareness, memory or regret.

edit on 18-3-2016 by Jonjonj because: words

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Moments in general are a matter of a few seconds in relation to human interpretation.

We are essentially talking about the time it tales to say the words "Hello".

But that "hello" is a part of everything that happened everywhere during that moment.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

And yet saying hello only matters when, for example, it is the last time we say it, right? It only matters to us what we say, when the moment has import. The moments that matter, matter. The ones that don't are just time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join