It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Horizon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Another fan based story.

If you're looking for a quick Trek fix this might be it.

It's a slightly different angle on the franchise. This takes place before the federation of planets. Earth and it's allies tangle with the Romulans...I watched some of it and it wasn't bad. I'll finish the rest later tonight. Remember, it's a fan based creation so...

Without further ado....

Published on Feb 26, 2016 Star Trek - Horizon is a feature-length fan film made by a single filmmaker as a personal passion project and love letter to Enterprise, the fifth Star Trek series. Pre-production began in December of 2012 and this 3-year-long odyssey concluded on February 25th, 2016. It's been a long road, getting from there to here.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The beautiful marriage of old franchises and new technology!

I'm a huge supporter of quality fan films for Warhammer, S'Trek and S'Wars!

Ive seen stuff from Dragon Age, Wolverine, Dr. Who, which were not so great but I'll watch most and support all!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Dr. Who, which were not so great

I am trying hard not to be offended...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Nice, I am sure Gene (Roddenberry) would have been proud!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Let me clarify! Fan fiction of the franchise, not the originals!!

Capaldi! I'm sorry, I didnt mean it like that! Come Baaaack!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Hehe fair enough!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have seen it. It's very good.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I saved it to my desktop. Ill watch it tonight on the big screen. Ive loved every Star Trek, from the beginning. Remember the lizard man Captain Kirk was fighting. Kirk made gunpowder out of minerals on the planet, loaded it into a home made canon and used large diamonds for canon balls to defeat his foe.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm about half way done and I'm fairly impressed.

Yes, it's a bit quirky here and there with a dash of corn, But still worth a watch imho. I like the premise.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I cant get enough of these. They are all good in their own way. They usually have BETTER space battles and other fan pleasures that big studios ALWAYS drop the ball on just to cater to nonsense.

nice!

interpersonal relationships.......yawn.

I hate soap operas.......
edit on 3 17 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Loved it! Good find Slayer! The only thing is that I expected the clothing to be much different being so far into the future and all, but great movie!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I saved it to my desktop. Ill watch it tonight on the big screen. Ive loved every Star Trek, from the beginning. Remember the lizard man Captain Kirk was fighting. Kirk made gunpowder out of minerals on the planet, loaded it into a home made canon and used large diamonds for canon balls to defeat his foe.
the gorn yup yup they did an episode of mythbusters about that and made their own cannon exactly like kirks...it exploded... lol

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
When the original franchise beings to suck, and the fans are being listened to or given what they want ... you start to get stuff like this. People doing amazing things, spending all kinds of their own money and pouring their hearts into a project FOR the fans, not the money.

This, right here? This should show Paramount just how badly people want to have GOOD Star Trek movies. I don't want a Transformers movie in space (JJ Abrams)...I want REAL Star Trek.

Dude, as soon as I hear "Iconians" I was all

Awe snap, bringing back some lore from TNG.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Okay, why does everyone seem so ... calm?

It's like:

"Oh, BTW we're kind of taking fire. *zap* Hang on. *zap zap* Alright. We are all good now."

It's weird ... the movie looks better than it sounds (acting, screenplay). Usually it's both or the other way around.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i feel asleep after 5 minutes, well i always fall asleep when watching a movie.. Even in the cinema, but i was gonna ask, from a scale 1-10 how good was it?

Storyline? 1- 10

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You do know the series are coming back in a old format? Like, philosophy aspect, right wrong.. Not *pew* *pew*

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Watched it last night, its pretty good! The graphics are fabulous, but it really could have used more lens flare. Maybe some cowbell, and the Inception 'gong' sound too
edit on 3182016 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I watched this last night, it was pretty awesome. Visually, it was stunning, absolutely stunning for a fan flick. Yeah, the acting was a little stiff, but it wasn't outright awful. I really liked the story, that was a nice way to tie up the TCW in one little package, plus a sprinkling of Iconians.

The only one I think can one-up Horizon is Axanar, if it ever gets back to production. Speaking of Axanar, CBS' excuse for going after them sure seems thin considering all the canon Trek packed into Horizon, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The SFX remind me of the Machina Battlestar Galactica shorts that were done.

There's some kind of "dreamy" washed out, blurriness to the backgrounds in this movie that are similar to the Machina BSG shorts that were done. I suspect this is some kind of low-budget SFX trick to hide all the green screen and CGI that's being used instead of actual set pieces.

Oh, if you are going to have the Enterprise show up with Captain Archer? Make sure you secure 10 second voice clip from Scott Backulla (the actor). A ship doesn't show up and save your ass without hailing you and saying, "What's up?". That was really, really cheesy. No bueno. Write the scenes differently so that it cuts away before that situation would arise or something.
edit on 18-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Okay, why does everyone seem so ... calm?

It's like:

"Oh, BTW we're kind of taking fire. *zap* Hang on. *zap zap* Alright. We are all good now."

Ahahahaha! I know, that always cracks me up in some films. It's like, oh well, we might be blown up and die any second now, but whatever. LOL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join