It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God? Alternate reality? Time freezing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Many years ago I witnessed some phenomenon I can't explain but they seem related.

One time I was walking past a building with large 3D numbers on them that said something like 1495 but instantly they changed to like 1501.

Several other times I seen people's faces change into other people and even entire bodies and clothes.

As if people were switching between realities instantly or being changed by God.

Anyone else see such and know the answer?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yes. You imagined it or had a momentary hallucination.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've had someone tell me that reality shattered into pieces and he saw people's faces on others.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vilehumans

Such "time slips" are being reported by people all across the world, and as someone who experienced one of such phenomenon, I cannot dismiss such reports.

Three possible explanations come to mind:

-Consomation of psychotropic substances leading to incorrect observation of the environment, or other brain-related conditions causing incorrect remembrance of the environment.

-Dream state: your memory of the event is actually from a dreaming state, but the event is incorrectly identified as a memory from reality.

-There could be some physical process which we do not understand but which affects the fabric of spacetime and causes time slips/access to alternative realities.

edit on 17-3-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vilehumans
Several other times I seen people's faces change into other people and even entire bodies and clothes.

Hey, I don't know--I can reproduce this 'phenomenon' just by blinking my eyes real slow in a public place

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I once witnessed time slow down. Literally, people would walk by like in a movie in slow motion. It was really creepy. Since then I have been a bit more open-minded about reports of time slips. I don't believe all of them... I just keep my mind open to the possibility there might be something I am missing.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I believe you. And I have experienced enough of my own wackiness to be very open to possibilities. The OP could have been a little more forthcoming with details and descriptions though

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Agreed

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i.ve saw documentarys on this and maybe something in it but god? no cause i don,t believe and i think as time goes on it will be less believed,science is changing and the believe in god will change also.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The way human vision works is that the retina compresses the data from 100 million photoreceptors into edges, textures. These get sent up the optic nerve, and are reconstructed by the brain into a collage of objects in the same way that you could create a picture by cutting pictures out of a newspaper or 3D paint program and pasting them together. Hypnosis, sleep deprivation or chemicals can change the way these signals are interpreted.

I've experienced what was like a parallel universe. A few years ago I had a contract in London. Before I left, there were a few things that needed fixing in the garden. There was a bit of metal caught in the roots of one of the bushes. There was also a concrete fixture for an old fencepost next to our patio. When I returned a few weeks later, both items were gone, and neither of my parents would agree that they had been there before. The patio has since started to sink downwards where the fixture used to be, but it had been completely filled in when I returned.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

It sounds to me like you stepped into another time-line.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Doppelgängers

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

There are a number of similar cases on record, also cases in which witnesses claim to have seen a total cessation of movement of people or vehicles, a kind of stop-frame effect. This points to some type of virtual reality explanation, which I see as the only answer to a lot of time slip cases.
edit on 20-3-2016 by CarlGrove because: minor inelegancy

edit on 20-3-2016 by CarlGrove because: typo

top topics

join