It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Probability of an Insufficient Delegate Count and A Contested Convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Spoiler Alert: Perot runs as independent, I mean Trump. And Hillary wins, then people look at Bill and Trumps conversation pre candidate announcement with more scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

What an excellent thread! F/S

Based on current delegate counts and the projections needed, Trump will in all probability fall short. The likelihood of his not securing the nomination prior to the convention is a real possibility, hence this discussion.

This makes me wonder (as I did after reading the OP) if those 'delegates' are being BRIBED - the fracas about the "Super-Delegates" on the Dem side is also of concern.

Despite calls for media to not include the SuperDelegates in Hillary's count, some of them are still doing that.

Bernie is not done yet.
And what are they going to do with Kasich's delegates if he quits? What happened to Rubio's delegates? I have wondered about that........

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

I read today somewhere that he is no longer self-funding.......
can't remember what site it was on.

RCP maybe? Or TheHill?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: FatherStacks

I read today somewhere that he is no longer self-funding.......
can't remember what site it was on.

RCP maybe? Or TheHill?

I think he is MOSTLY self funding. He does take small donations but from what I gather, he isn't taking big donations from the BIG donors. I'm sure his campaign has to 'keep books' with donations listed so if he starts taking big money ... it will eventually show on the books. But who knows? It's definitely been a strange political cycle.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

As I understand it he's mostly "grassrootsing" it -
but I just learned about this today, on some website......
I expect it will be covered eventually.

Ah! Here's one!!! www.politico.com...
edit on 3/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I found this article from Feb which basically states what I said in my above post.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Interesting.
That interactive graphic shows all kinds of possible combinations that could result in Trump having enough delegates.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

He has been accepting small donations all along. No newsflash there.
He is not accepting large donations that could be seen as buying future obligation.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I realize that. Many people don't. He kept harping about being "self-funding" but yet had a "donation button" on his website.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

He was always honest about accepting small donations.
To a billionaire, or a presidential candidate, the amount he is getting from these donations is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

The only way they could do this is by switching parties since California is a closed primary state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join