It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Understand Death, Nobody Does!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

You do know that in the afterlife you are going to owe me a pint?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Heh, assuming we end up in the same place, I would gladly buy you an afterpint..

If I'm right, then after we die you're going to owe me a... oh.. wait..

..damn.
edit on 19-3-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

well in a 1000 or maybe 10000 years from now people will wonder if phones or planes or computers were myths if something happened like war or natural disaster on global scale, for instance very much like it is mentioned in many old myths that it did...what if that is also the truth ? : )

But it is not important any way is it? Everything must be "experienced" and not just a belief. That is also what all true spiritual people say. So I personally don't have much beliefs, but faith is a different matter, I know that I don't know for sure, but being "positive" never hurts ... also what I experienced sometimes is beyond what materialistic science allows to admit at the present. So I have had a personal experiences like OBEs and few other different wo wo stuff happen in person and admittedly sometimes even using some substances like mushrooms and l s d. I think they can be very insightful into different abstract nature of our reality, which is closer to our source and being.

And in any case they are beneficial experiences which can help in various ways with emotions, addictions, pain, creativity, etc..., even science seems to be getting around that with latest research about psychedelic drugs and its effects on the body and mind. But in my opinion this stuff is not for everybody and it must be used with proper respect and preparation.

From my experience we are "spiritual beings" living a material existence. But forget about ego and some romantic immortality. This are just ego tricks and wishes, false desires...

spiritual worlds are fueled by strength of emotions and "imagination" and it is probably for me impossible to properly describe with words... very abstract and way more sensitive, where "thoughts" are manifested in "reality" in my opinion. Like in lucid dreams. Our personal playground and after we graduate from our desires and personal attachments, maybe we can experiance "true OBEs" without limits, maybe even many other things?

what you observe and describe in your post about the material world is true and there is no doubt about that. But is material reality all there is to this world? How is material reality even really "material"? What about new scientific discoveries about higgs bossons, which was a thread on ats about two constants or some numbers or something like that : ) ? ... and few other scientific researches points to very non materialistic observations and conclusions. Quantum mechanics, antimatter, dark matter, etc...you must admit there can be many implications if one examines it with open head.

and also there is also this for instance:
themindunleashed.org...

What if by continuous natural meditation in complete silence and absence of experiance of "I", more abstract nature starts to come into our awarness..what are real implications of this change in our brains?

Well ... I had to many wo wo experiences. So I cannot agree with you there even a bit. Sorry.

Also in a way you just described the realization of "the void" or "emptiness". No things. No gods. no Karma. no enlightenment. No satan. No people. etc...no thing! No existence. No non existence.

What purpose? : )

You see ... creepily similar to your own last part of post in a way. But it just involves a bit more depth. As above so below and what happens and is observed by science is in a way very connected with our real nature. Maybe elements like water, fire, earth and air have their counterparts even in "other plains" in "existence" ?
Read about true old alchemy. They are a bit about that and much more. Very interesting philosophy and teachings from what small bit I have learned and read.

Evolution is also true for the "spirit/soul" and it is going in the opposite direction than material in some sense. From being "born" from the source and than goes back in as we "finish" our spiritual journey. But when you think about it, there is nothing to "finish" when all is one and everything is spiritual in nature...a bit more of non duality.

Also thx for another laugh about the homer simpson quote, it makes abit sense to me in a weird way : )
edit on 1458393868324March243243116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Just curious, what is a wo wo experience?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I believe we are merely a figment of god's imagination. So, the moment God stops imagining the essence of you, you are lost forever. But, I also believe God remember's people's lives. Furthermore, I think he has a sort of higher information container about each person, and that container is a soul. We are recycled... some of us have never existed before. Some of us are reincarnated souls. I believe theories of consciousness will eventually find that people's minds have the capability of changing the universe and splitting into new universes. The universe we live in is just one branch of a large multi-verse that is by and large created by our choices... consciousness. So, life is a tree.

As our lives end, our consciousness along with God's oversight determine what happens next. I believe some people become worm food, some become other animals, some go to heaven, some go to hell, etc etc as the possibilities are unlimited by God's imagination... who has something special for all of us after we die since we are all unique... though similar to our likeness in mirror universes but a few tiny details. I believe what happens after we die is not determine by what we want, but is determined in great part by what we expect.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

hahah

something weird I guess...paranormal, spiritual, religious, its just a silly expression...for everything bizarre.

edit on 1458410507301March013013116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity

hahah

something weird I guess...paranormal, spiritual, religious, its just a silly expression...for everything bizarre.

Well, I'll be looking out for the wo wo next time I give it a try.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: centarix

Well you most certainly have an interesting way of looking at things!

(post by Bear05 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I may not understand death but I sure as hell welcome it. Anything will be better than this joke of an existence we all share.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Tex It isn't. Every time you point to your mind or consciousness, you're actually pointing to the body. Try it out. They are the same.t

Naturally this is all theology because no one can present the case as fact.

There is a study among some like minded people that insist that the mind is separated from physicality. The mind is not the brain. The brain is a receiver of the mind and can become corrupted in a number of ways. As the brain dies and loses contact as a receptor of the mind has no lasting effect on the mind. The mind is actually the spirit without a motorized housing and after the death of the terrestrial body will be given (in certain cases) a like minded covering or body to become attached once again. The entire affair is one of substance change of the covering or body.

Consciousness is the mind and has no limit on its existence such as the brain has. They are two different aspects of existence. The reasoning is that each terrestrial brain is tuned as a receptor to each celestial mind. That is according to modern science. In some rare circumstances there are terrestrial brains that can receive more than one celestial mind but that is rare indeed. Also there are some brains receptors that are damaged and cannot receive the proper signals from the mind as there is some belief that some celestial minds may also be damaged and cannot send the proper communication to the brain.

Although two different substances, the mind is created to match the body. Looking at this in that lite will show that the mind also matures with the body or so it is believed. In some religions it is the mind that is responsible for the actions of the brain and the brain is responsible for the actions of the body. As the brain dies it is the mind that is given punishments or rewards and not the brain or body. Nevertheless its is still theology at best.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Did you ever tried to turn it up-side down..? What if our real existance is the world where we go when we die? We choose to be born into the flesh but when that moment begins we die. We will leave the world of eternity for the world in which we will only live for some 80 years. After that we wilkl return to our original plain of existance. WE only host a fysical body and then we return to our original state...the way we truly are and belong.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

That's an interesting thought.

Not sure how you'd go about proving it, but interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman
I may not understand death but I sure as hell welcome it. Anything will be better than this joke of an existence we all share.

Eesh... Not a fan, are you?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

In a similar line of thought, I always thought of the brain as a control panel. Tell the heart to beat, the lungs to inhale, the mouth to chew, the muscles to contract, to identify pain, etc. Connecting consciousness to the brain, 'knowing', that's something I can't wrap my head around. So I feel consciousness is seperate, or should be. It's just a feeling. I guess that's part of my belief in the possibility of a life after death.
edit on 3/19/16 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

An interesting way to look at things my friend! Can you elaborate?

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: UniFinity

hahah

Well, I'll be looking out for the wo wo next time I give it a try.

Pay attention to what you perceive as dreams (they are NOT) what you think 'dreaming' escapades are actually one (you) that is an industrious traveler that has no fear investigating other worlds (Mad Max Fury Type). James Cameron said "Avatar" resulted in a dream he envisioned. Why not?
edit on 19-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well it's been an interesting thread that's for sure, thanks all.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Actually, it represents the most sense.
Of the millions upon millions of incidents involving what we call spirits and paranormal activity that cannot be explained... what could be the explanation for them? They are something, and how could they exist if our lives (our souls, if you will) were finite in death?

Anyone who has had personal exposure to what I am talking about certainly knows this, and are certainly not hallucinating or crazy (but, of course there must be many exceptions, as in anything). So, What is that?
edit on 20-3-2016 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

An interesting way to look at things my friend! Can you elaborate?

Well... I think looking at it this way will give meaning to all we learn during our lives and gives our existance purpose. I believe that we choose to be born for a certain lesson which we will need to become "enlightened" and perfect as a soul. This will also mean that there is something like faith or destiny...something which is difficult to escape from. This does mean that certain significant events in our lives are meant to be. Of course will follow from this view that there is somekind of programming going on.. something or somebody is making sure that you bumb into the right people, be at a certain place at a certain time...and so on.

Our body and specificly our brain will be wired precisely the way in order to fullfill that specific lesson. Its like a CD player and your sould the software which is loaded into that player. You can see it this way..a brain damage caused by an acident will mean that the machine(brain) can not process the software as it should. Its still there but is forced to follow a different path which can give the impression your personallity has changed. Or that some bodily functions do not work as they should.

Anyways.. you can only learn when under going the experience yourself to fully understand what some aspects of life or the value of things or people to appreciate. Which will give you wisdom... which will contribute to more love, p[eace and understanding on the planet but also in the world we belong...when we die.

Does this make any sense to you..?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join