It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black students advocate for white genocide/suicide during Harvard debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
From what I have gathered these students made this argument during a debate about renewable energy. They allegedly won this debate and many others using this argument. The entire debate was available, but got pulled down as soon as this video started going viral.

You gotta facepalm at how PATHETIC the white SJW's are who extend their hand only to see it slapped away. Reminds me of something that happened to me once.

The students in question. The university is very proud of their arguments apparently: www.westga.edu...

What's going on at our schools and universities? More and more we see this blatant, anti-white racism being openly practiced and encouraged by the schools, media and certain politicians. It seems to me that open debate about white genocide that WINS the debate is quite a bit more concerning than a poop swastika or any of the other manufactured "racist" incidents our media has chosen to promote.
edit on 17-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That wasn't a debate. That was hate speech.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's a debate. It doesn't need to be based on reality.

A great debater can win in a Flat Earth v. Round Earth argument, potentially.

+24 more 
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
That wasn't a debate. That was hate speech.

Prepare for an onslaught of SJW's trying rationalize this as nothing more a debate competition tactic.

+21 more 
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

How much is the tuition at Harvard? Somewhere in the mid 60k per YEAR? And THIS utter BS was invited as an opportunity for discussion? So for a cool quarter of a mil investment, your own suicide is promoted?

My take, if your are in HR, reviewing resumes...hire community college grads only. This is EVERYTHING that is wrong both culturally, spiritually and economically with the United States.

#AllLiesMatter

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda

How much is the tuition at Harvard? Somewhere in the mid 60k per YEAR? And THIS utter BS was invited as an opportunity for discussion? So for a cool quarter of a mil investment, your own suicide is promoted?

My take, if your are in HR, reviewing resumes...hire community college grads only. This is EVERYTHING that is wrong both culturally, spiritually and economically with the United States.

#AllLiesMatter

From what I've been able to find so far, this was a debate competition hosted by Harvard. The student promoting genocide is from The University of West Georgia.

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Now...please for "debate" why is that ENCOURAGEMENT OF THE ENDING A LIFE/LIVES NOT (at a minimum) "bullying" or out right "HATE SPEECH?"

Why isn't "Mr West Georgia U" being counseled for his speech? Is he being threatened with expulsion? Or does he now have a literary and/or booking agent, and an MSNBC gig lined up?

Lastly, how can THIS be blamed on Donald Trump?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Are you taking the position that universities should cultivate all arguments, including those that advocate the mass murder of a group base don their skin color?

And they say Trump is a hate monger. Sheesh! This is a UNIVERSITY and what that guy said was not a debate. It was hate speech.
edit on 17-3-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe White Students should advocate for more Black on Black deaths and remind them of those Ethics.

Stupidity 101...that class is open to all Races.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with traditional "debate club" rules, but I can't imagine anyone winning the debate like this unless it's specifically because they managed to successfully drag the other team off topic as well.

As for their accomplishments, it's possible (however likely is up to you) this is the first time they've done this, or at least, used this specific argument to derail the debate. Regardless, I'm less bothered by the specifics of the argument and the over-arching problem of how related this is to the degradation of debate and discussion across humanity. If the tactic of debate derailment is actually considered a viable and acceptable tactic, I'm disgusted; but since the article linked in the OP is from 3 years ago and we have no way of currently proving the original filming of the video is as recent as the publish date of the video, I'll wait for more information.
edit on 3/17/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
From what I have gathered these students made this argument during a debate about renewable energy. They allegedly won this debate and many others using this argument. The entire debate was available, but got pulled down as soon as this video started going viral.

You gotta facepalm at how PATHETIC the white SJW's are who extend their hand only to see it slapped away. Reminds me of something that happened to me once.

The students in question. The university is very proud of their arguments apparently: www.westga.edu...

What's going on at our schools and universities? More and more we see this blatant, anti-white racism being openly practiced and encouraged by the schools, media and certain politicians. It seems to me that open debate about white genocide that WINS the debate is quite a bit more concerning than a poop swastika or any of the other manufactured "racist" incidents our media has chosen to promote.

Truly Hitler-like.Advocating the genocide of an entire race of people. Satan would be proud.

This is why you should be a libertarian.
Not an authoritarian collectivist(Democrat)or an authoritarian capitalist(Republican).

Genocide is aggression,insane,and pits of h--- evil and we are for the non-aggression principle.

But that's an authoritarian for ya. Just kill em off and ask questions later.

He even has that Kim Jung Un, Mussolini "look of power".
edit on 17-3-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow, I'm more shocked that those are harvard students, all of them.

That single video, is worth so much more than what the topic of the debate was.

It's proof that our modern society, possible humanity as we know it, will be over in the near future.

ETA: I understand how debates work, and that usually given a topic it is the SKILLS of the debater which determine the outcome, not whether the subject matter is correct. Often times the subject matter can have no impact or preference by the debater. However, that video clearly shows someone that is not just given, or has chosen, a topic. But someone with that actual belief system. It also shows absolutely no skill or professionalism(from anyone) in that video.

If I were a staff member, teacher, alumni or professor at harvard I would be absolutely ashamed.
edit on 17-3-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Wow, I'm more shocked that those are harvard students, all of them.
They're not.

***Original description*** This debate about whether white people should be exterminated was held at Harvard University. The pro-genocide activists, Damiyr Davis and Miguel Feliciano, are from the University of West Georgia. The topic of the debate was supposed to be renewable energy — not race. The subject was: "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially reduce restrictions on and/or substantially increase financial incentives for energy production in the United States of one or more of the following: coal, crude oil, natural gas, nuclear power, solar power, wind power." [...]

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This was merely a tactic to try to win. Likely, similar tactics have worked before so why not do it again? Of course, had a white debater used an argument about black genocide/suicide as a tactic, the uproar would have been loud and long and all connected to the debate team would have been crucified. Had the debater made the argument of almost any other race or ethnic group that was not considered "white," he would not have been let off easily.
The good news is that this is just a debate and Malik and Jamal are in a school and not out shooting at each other or impregnating Latisha and Kanisha. Maybe they will get actual jobs, raise their own children, and make the world a better place. We can only hope that they will graduate with useful degrees in something and not in "Black Studies." A degree with a major in Black Studies cheats the student of a real education and does not provide him or her a skillset that will garner employment at the level the student expected.

ETA: After reading the debate topic, the judges failed by not penalizing or disqualifying the team for going off topic. The counter would have been to suggest that off-topic black debate teams be pyrolyzed and the distillate used as fuel to solve the renewable energy problem. Steatopygia is a plus.
edit on 3/17/2016 by pteridine because: ETA

link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Being a libertarian will not help solve any problems involving race, the economy, etc. What we have here is an ever increasing division among people; by the color of their skin, ethic and racial backgrounds, religion (or lack of) and so forth. It shouldn't be too hard to build bridges and improve our relations. But so many people just want to burn everything in their wake.

link   

Are you taking the position that universities should cultivate all arguments, including those that advocate the mass murder of a group base don their skin color?

And they say Trump is a hate monger. Sheesh! This is a UNIVERSITY and what that guy said was not a debate. It was hate speech.

Yes. All points of views should be allowed lest we forget why it is wrong in the first place. Any doctrine needs to see the light of day no matter how immoral it is. Let's not get all politically correct.

On Liberty – John Stuart Mill
edit on 17-3-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   
Thanks for pointing that out, that's somewhat refreshing. Though still sad given that these students are the "future" of america.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Authoritarians only know force,the threat of force,theft,the threat of theft, and domination.

Killing over a billion people because of their race is just standard operating procedure to an authoritarian.

Imagine if someone like this was a head of a government. What a disaster that would be.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

glad this argument is finally being formed and communicated in the way that it subtly comes across in day to day interactions with SJW, as previously said every idea deserves to be heard and challenged and washed in the flames of discernment and those left standing remain worthy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join