It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These boots were made for kicks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Out of us comes the need for more. Everything about us humans works that way. As babies we need food, were hungry for more. This is our survival programme and the need for more. The grass is always greener and that is what we apparently want, we are hungry ghosts. We want what we think we don’t have. We feel that if we immerse ourselves in more, we will be completed. But does that ever really work? Or are we just on a never ending quest to get a kick, is that all we get? Do we ever get what we kind of were hoping for?
If we do, how do we know it not a self-fabricated personalized Disneyland? I suppose my answer to that is we never know for sure about much. Sure we know a turd is a turd, but when it comes to deeper matters,we rarely fully know anything..From here comes " The only thing I know for sure is I know hardly anything" After that all that is left are kicks!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Started out very promising. I thought this was going to be boots made for killing zombies, with built-in, auto-engaging spikes, blades, blowtorch, etc.

I guess you're right...always looking for MORE!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

You are right, we are always looking for more, always hungry. It's never enough.

But then, maybe that's the drive behind progress. Perfection is impossible, but searching for it nevertheless enables mankind's evolution.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

This actually made me think of a study I had heard or read about awhile back (wish I could source it, but I can't) - essentially, they switched off the reward/pleasure centers in mice and found that they wouldn't do anything - even if it ultimtaely lead to their demise. Even in things you normally wouldn't describe as "pleasure", but are nonetheless tipped, even if ever so slightly toward the side of "pleasurable", humans (and other animals) are motivated by "pleasure."

IMO, we want to be continually "processing" - processing more information, to be precise. Everything we do involves the gathering, sorting, analyzing and storing of information, in the greatest relational database and analysis computer known to man - the human mind. It doesn't need to be "more having", just "more" (doing, thinking, feeling, eating, seeing, whatever.) If we cease to process data, our existence becomes pointless, and will soon cease.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Nah mate those 6 inch heels were made to kick

top topics

join