It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish Getting High

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Salmon Full of Cocaine and Antidepressants? Study Finds Puget Sound Fish Full of Drugs

That's right, ATS. The Salmon in Puget Sound are getting wasted on the cocktail of drugs in the water. These drugs include: Aleve, Flonase, Paxil, Tylenol, Tagamet, Valium, Zoloft, Darvon, OxyContin, caffeine, nicotine fungicides, antiseptics, anticoagulants, Cipro and other "antibiotics galore." Jim Meador, an environmental toxicologist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says that they found 61% of the water(s) tested were contaminated.

It may be time to sit down with your salmon and have a talk about drug abuse. Researchers found coc aine, Advil, Prozac, Lipitor, Benadryl and dozens of other drugs in the tissue of juvenile chinook salmon caught in the Puget Sound in September 2014, the Seattle Times reported in February. The salmon likely picked up the drugs from wastewater in the area that's a "[cocktail] of 81 drugs," as the Seattle Times put it.

This is madness....! The article goes on to say that this issue shouldn't affect humans but I worry about the long-term repercussions for the fish What says ATS?

news.yahoo.com... aine-antidepressants-study-140100123.html

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Where can I buy one ? Seems cheaper then buying it all separately

The amount of mercury and other crap

One major bust : was selling fish oil to children for brain development made from these
edit on 17-3-2016 by Layein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

All those drugs are in the water became they pass through the urine of people on prescription and street drugs. Something they don't address wen they mention environmental pollution. The water treatment plants don't treat for these compounds, lots of them are not biodegradable.

We are exposed to them too…

Webmd

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
... and here I thought this was going to be some story like bears getting high on fermented apples in the fall ...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

but I worry about the long-term repercussions for the fish What says ATS?

I say "Glug, glug..."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes, I saw the same clip. Scary. They are telling you what they found, but what aren't they telling us or what haven't they looked for?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Why should they be different?

Sorry don't mean to make light of this issue, but I couldn't resist...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
For the love of God, someone please test the Cod!!!

Can say I'm not surprised, but isn't this going to put a cramp in the medical and media frenzy pushing us to eat more Salmon? Grumbling....now I wanna know what's in my fish oil capsules.
edit on 17-3-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I hope they have a prescription or the authorities will be picking them up and tossing them in the can with a life sentence.

I wonder if we will make us high when we eat them?

new topics

top topics

join