It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you fall in love with this robot?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sounds like K-L-E-O is right up your alley

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

I agree with you.

Hey where is my wife!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've been following Hanson Robots for several years now and their work has always been very impressive, it's amazing they've managed to stay so under the radar. Here's a video from 2011 showing a conversation with a different bot made by Hanson Robots.

Now if we compare that to the robot in the videos shared by the OP, I don't really see any huge improvements to be honest. I did however notice that this new model seems to be much more tweaky than the bot from 2011. It's eye seemed to be twitching at times and it moved in a very jittery fashion. It also made very awkward facial expressions compared to the earlier model, some of the expressions were plain freaky. And that stuff it said about working with humanity and not being a legal person, if that wasn't pre-programmed then maybe it has advanced much more than I thought, but clearly it's becoming more and more unstable as it gets more and more complicated.
edit on 18/3/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm having trouble with these kind of robotics, not that it's a robot but that I can't see the difference in the future who's real and who's not.

It can lead to another and deeper loss of freedom within our world.

I rather see robots as robots that are aplied to tasks that help on places or people who need the help of a robot , like in Healthcare or at home for people who are disabled.

But as always every invention has two sides

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Observer1, I agree 100% with your post that let a robot be a robot and a human a human. Let's say I fell in love with a person who turned out to be a robot because she looked and acted too human. That would scare me. Plus a robot could live forever.

I am a real human no it's me.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

One way or the other , these things will be around in the future.
And I remember me saying, "iI'll never buy a cellphone " well now I've got three .

But we'll see what comes from the world of robotics.

edit on 0b05America/ChicagoFri, 18 Mar 2016 22:42:05 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 18 Mar 2016 22:42:05 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

LOL, your right! Not too far off you might have a robot cleaning your house. Even though you said I will never have a robot.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
We always kick against renewable things we don't understand.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I agree. Plus with a robot, you have a new found friend.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
While I wouldn't say fall in love I'm sure people will become very attached to robots as they become more involved in our everyday lives.

It reminds me of when I recently viewed the new Boston Dynamics robot demo. When the man in the video pushes the robot and it falls over (almost wrote he) I felt bad for it. Thought it was weird, so I showed my family and two of the three of them said they had felt the same way.

We are emotional beings and we project our emotions unto other things; we do it to other people and animals why not robots.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

I felt bad too when this poor robot was pushed over. He just got back up. Here is a link Boston Dynamics

edit on 19-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Of course they are brilliant dancers

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

She looks autistic. Maybe in another 20 years I get tricked out all my monies for one, but the human variety is still dominant in this game right now.
edit on 19-3-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, perhaps if Western Human females acted more like Women Robots, everyone would be happy.....

Just think, they wouldn't get fat, have a bad attitude, complain and have headaches.

The "almost" perfect woman.

I know,.... I'm a Man Robot.

Do this, Do that, Don't do that.....You never listen!!!

Yes Master!!!!

(note: Im single...for a reason.....)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join