It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your earliest Memory / Can you remember being Born ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

How you describe the fluidity resonates with me. That is a really good way to describe what I have come to think of as a birth memory. It is not concrete at all. Flashes of sensory experience, which I continue to try and make sense of.

I would be skeptical too, if I didn't remember it so well and for so long.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I recall before birth choosing to come here...
The Earth was shown to me from a large catalog there was a multitude of other choices...
People and the good and the bad aspects of life and or people were detailed...
I remember choosing a time with high technology because there was drastic difference depending on "when" on earth you chose to be...
But most of all I remember the beauty of women and thus chose to be a man so I could admire them for the duration.
I was also warned about women of the time I chose to "be" and I will leave it at that...
After deciding I wanted to experience Earth I was shown a number of couples not too many... I was told these were my choices for parents for with them there was a connection of some kind... I chose my mom because of her smile and beautiful soul... I saw the love she had for all...
Anyway this whole time someone else was with me always standing behind me...
it felt like they knew all about me and I was entirely comfortable with them...
and although I had to choose where and when...
there was no choice on whether or not to choose to be...
a decision had to be made...
It troubles me I can't see who was behind me that I did not turn around there was no goodbye given to them when the decisions were made it was darkness and pressure then brilliant light... I had just been born...
I'm sure people with think a good many things about what I have said here...
my mother doubted me also...
she thought I had a tremendous imagination...
but when my stories never stopped one day when I was around 6 she asked me some questions...Then I explained the delivery room I told her what nurses were doing... I told her how she was feeling wishing my father would make it there he was on his way from working out of town...
But what really got her was when I told her about the little Chinese doctor with an incredible laugh and described him perfectly...
My Mom never doubted me again and sat quite quietly and I recall a tear running down her face...
When I asked her how come we didn't go see that nice doctor anymore? And that I would like to see him she told me he had died a little over a month after I was born...

edit on 17-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
- I remember being in a cot at the side of my mothers bed. I was standing I think and looking over the bed to the door. There was shadows coming through the door into the room, around my mothers bed and towards me. This happened when I was 2. My mother had to put the cot into her room a few days into the week we moved into the house because I wouldn't stop screaming throughout the night.

- I remember standing at the front door and my father sitting on the doorstep playing an acoustic guitar. My father ran away when I was 2 years old so I have no idea how old I was when this happened.

I've got to be honest I really don't remember anything else from around that time. Nothing springs to mind. My typical earliest memories start at around 5 years old, if that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: cosmickat

We drink to forget the now but I find it helps to remember the past.

I like this !

Memory is a fascinating topic for me too.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

One of my earliest ATS threads....Memories Of The Womb.

Freaky eh?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

wow.

That gave me a few chills.

My granddaughter, after she started talking, maybe at about 18 months until about 3....talked a lot about her other mummy and daddy, she knew their names, and when my daughter asked her where they were now, my granddaughter told her that they died, but that she could remember them and she was sad that they were dead and how that she knew my daughter and son in law were her new mommy and daddy.

She stopped talking about it all after she was around 3, and she has no memory of it now at all.

Sounds like you do remember being born.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

thank you for posting.

The shadow figures in your room sound pretty spooky, maybe this house was haunted if you couldn't settle as a baby.

Early memories

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

My earliest memory was looking at a huge wall in the Philippines when I was 2 years old.
edit on 3/17/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
a reply to: angryhulk

thank you for posting.

The shadow figures in your room sound pretty spooky, maybe this house was haunted if you couldn't settle as a baby.

Early memories

Most definitely. I made a thread about it.
Has your child ever said something that was creepy or weird?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

this is freaky ...freaky because it sounds exactly like what I have experienced !

do you still have a clear memory of this even today ?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My family and I used to go to a restaurant every Sunday when I was little.. I remember the horses in the fields at the side restaurant which was in Yorkshire Moors. I also remember being in a living room/kitchen behind the scenes of restaurant. I was sat on someone's knee and a lady was smiling at me and blowing on a chip to give to me, everyone was making a fuss. My mum said I did go into the kitchens once to meet the staff but I couldnt possibly remember it because I was only 6 months or so, but I do remembef as clear as daylight. That is perhaps my earliest memory.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

it is really interesting how clearly we can recall these events at such a young age

thanks for sharing !

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Interesting how you were moved to chills as you say...
for this is a power only truth has as it resonates through you and the soul delights in it...
this is a powerful tool for determining what is meaningful and truthful...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
my earliest memory... I was a refugee, a street urchin type...I later learned I was given up for adoption from a DP Camp named BucherStrasse and sent to America on the ship USS General Langfitt when I was 2 years old...

I recall trash cans as the place to find food... I also recall the fun I had on the big metal ship as it being a cave with tunnels & how I managed bathroom use....

speaking very little English, my adoptive father was a mariner by trade, & I tried to show him I was not afraid of his ship at the dock as I had to pee-pee and wanted to go aboard... I was maybe 3 by then, he died a year later when I was 4...

so, I would say that by 2 years old I already had a years worth of memories of events...only years later was I able to connect the memories with facts/names/significance...
I still have unresolved if my birth mother was harmful to herself & neglectful of me...to which I will forever be unknowledgeable, uninformed...
but I have a notion that other Adults at the DP Camp, had the authorities give me to Catholic Children Refugee Services for placement by adoption.....(let sleeping dogs lie...)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A funny memory I have is from my nursery when I was 3. The toilets were outside toilets and really old. There were stories of someone seeing a big toad in one of the toilets. I hated using them but after that conjured up an image of a gigantic toad lurking and waiting for me.

One day I wax desperate for a wee but was too frightened to go to toilet. At the time I was playing water play and decided if I just had a wee there no one would notice because floor was already wet. Being 3 I didnt think about everything else being wet.

When we went for story time my shoes were squelching on the wooden floor boards and there were little wet footprints. My trousers were soaked and I can remember feeling really ashamed when none of the other children would sit next to me

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I really appreciate you sharing this very moving memory with us.

This must have been extremely traumatic and as a few other's have said these traumatic events have a way of sticking with us, imprinted into your early memories.

I thank you for sharing

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There is science behind why you cannot remember that far back, and a lot of memories from very far back are false memories based on stories we were told.. but to you, they feel no different than actual memory.

Sci-Show is one of my favorite youtube channels..
they actually covered this recently..

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I wondered if there were other people that thought of this. AND if there was similarities. There seems to be... trauma based..

My earliest memories is similar in that it was before I could form words. In fact I remember thinking in the memory.

I was between 9 and 10 months old. My crib was in a corner of the room that got a beam of sunlight shooting into it in the late winter months.

I was put down to sleep while it was daylight, but, was woke by the sun beaming into my eyes. I remember crying and the tears caused prisms to appear and it stunned me. I remember thinking 'pretty' but without words, and, what the heck are those things? I was baffled a bit that I didn't know what they were, and, the act of questioning... what was I doing? Then my tears dried because I stopped crying, so, I cried again and they came back! However, then the sun went down and I went to sleep. My first memory was a rainbow.

That is how we know my age at the time. My mother moved the crib so I would stop crying. The beam hits that corner only during the late winter/early spring months.

link   

I have a memory (well, multiples of the same thing) of scootching down the stairs on my butt as a baby. I was less than 1 year old. We moved from our 2-story townhome into a single-story ranch home shortly after I turned 1. I'm guessing I was probably pretty close to a year old when the stair scootching began.

link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
A funny memory I have is from my nursery when I was 3. The toilets were outside toilets and really old. There were stories of someone seeing a big toad in one of the toilets. I hated using them but after that conjured up an image of a gigantic toad lurking and waiting for me.(

You notice a lot of people mention ages 3-4 ... the video I posted ( above this ) .. mentions 3 being about as far back as your memory can go once you pass a certain age.. "Childhood Amnesia"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join