It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Swanne, and I Am Back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This morning I dreamed I was about to die. Not that it's the first time - it's just that when I woke up and realised I was alive, I felt resurrected; I felt as if I had been given a second chance.

A fee weeks ago I decided to take a break from ATS, so to take the time and build my personal site and finish my novel (which I should be posting here very shortly). But now I am back, and I just feel so alive!

I am done building my site, skieswanne.weebly.com. Yes, the avatar in there is interactive - you can write to it and it'll reply. I coded the thing myself, though I admit it still needs refining (I have to expand its vocabulary).

A question: who broke ATS?? Just kidding, I know about Bill's latest design shift. A reminder to you all: repeating (tiled) avatars can be prevented by using the picture as a proper avatar (170x240 pixels) and not as a background, for the repeating thing only affects backgrounds.

I see I didn't miss anything while I was gone... Political madness has invaded the front page, and I am not one who cares about politics - such trivialities when put in perspective of the rest of the Universe, such ways to get further divided as a human species.

I am John Skieswanne. I have explored the secrets of the Universe; I found the master particle of everything, I have solved time paradoxes, and I have even glimpsed the nature of dark matter. And now I am back.

(post by VanGcouverite removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Welcome home Swanne!

Good to see you!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I saw a recent post elsewhere already and blinked and smiled.

Yea.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Welcome back Swanne.
It didn't take you long to revamp your website. It looks great!

Your interactive avatar is interesting. In case you're interested, here's a _javascript version of Eliza.

Talk to you later.

-dex

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Hi Swanne!

Your avatar used to throw me - I had no idea what it was other than possibly a peacock. Then we bought Kung-Fu Panda 2 for my son and AH-HA! You evil peacock of doom, you...

Welcome back. I spoke to your website avatar. He did not understand me very well... He kept saying "What?" lol!
I said "I'm ok, I guess." and stuff like that... Poor thing. He's very cool though and quite polite.

- AB

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You're back and you brought a TARDIS!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
You evil peacock of doom, you...

That's whovian evil peacock to you.

I spoke to your website avatar. He did not understand me very well... He kept saying "What?" lol!
I said "I'm ok, I guess." and stuff like that... Poor thing. He's very cool though and quite polite.

Hehe He would have answered to "I am fine, I guess" though. Programming synonymous phrasing is the hardest part. I tried the OR logic gate but it would conflict with the AND gate so I have to use a more manual approach.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yeah... Sorry, I think its chamaeleon circuit is broken though.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
How about some gory details?

Did you get a partial site recovery or did you s#-can the whole thing and start from fresh?

(HI, I am TEOT, I just joined but have been a non-contributing member for a while. I did read your post about "taking some time away from ATS" and your website troubles and was just wondering.)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I had to rebuild everything back up from fresh. I had lost all of my site, so that included every single pages, every text and every pictures in it. But now it looks way better than before. Every day I would add a new page, sometimes more, and fill them with content. Did I mention I did all that on a phone? Yes, a bloody phone with a tiny screen. It was just so long... reaching elements was such a pain on a touch-screen... I even programmed my avatar on my phone... But I kept going, and now it's done!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It is always good to hear from you!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

By PHONE!!! You are a madman!

In a good kind of way! Happy St. Patrick's Day and welcome back! I will lift a Guinness to your diligence after werk!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Thanks! I'll take a look at it, could give me some ideas to improve my thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hehe I'll do the same, mate! Here's to diligence:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

And you! Glad to see you're still around.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

And you mate

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Yup, making a steady comeback.

I'll be posting my novel shortly, then a thread about death, and then Physics We Can All Understand: Part 7.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: ClownFish

Yup, making a steady comeback.

I'll be posting my novel shortly, then a thread about death, and then Physics We Can All Understand: Part 7.

Show off....but nice to see you, and always looking forward to seeing you on a thread.

new topics

top topics

join