It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Don't vote for Trump he might nuke someone! seems a little beneath you Mr Shot. C'mon you can do better. In fact that is the height of hilarity...
Well Bernie could nuke Trump if he gets elected lol.

That isn't the argument I'm making. I clearly made that argument in response to someone saying that jihadists are more terrifying than the damage Trump can do, and that is false. Even if Trump isn't the President, the American military is FAR more terrifying than any Muslim terrorist could ever be. Nukes and all.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He is in campaign mode.. most people dont believe anything a politician on the campaign trail says... so why is everybody taking every word he says as the absolute gospel..

Oh and China is a currency manipulator thought that was a well known fact.

Nafta was a train wreck for the middle class of America... bout time someone called it what it was.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nobody, perhaps including Trump, knows what he would and would not do - he's indicated some very War Crimes kind of things (going after terrorists families - children and all??), not to mention Constitution-bending things (like the labeling of an entire religious group because terrorist), so really we DON'T KNOW what he might do. He might fire up the internment camps like all of you are terrified about - but against whom? Ah. The dissidents. The Liberals. Well, that's okay then...

Okay - I'm being a bit facetious, but seriously, you cannot claim to know what Trump will and will not do. He has said a bunch of stuff that he then alters and walks back (most people call that lying).

He cultivates violence and has hinted that there will be riots if he is not handed the nomination at the convention, regardless of the rules the GOP has for choosing their nominee. I get that it would be upsetting, however, but that's not the point. Violence is the point.

What happened when Bush won the Presidency due to a Conservative Supreme Court decision? Riots? No. No blood ran in the streets in spite of that situation.

Anyway. I admit that Trump terrifies me. I see no redeeming value in having him as the leader of the free world and in charge of the military. I did a thread about a dream I had when he took over as President and it turned post-apocalyptic. Fun stuff!

AB
edit on 17-3-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

He has been exceptionally hostile towards free trade, including notably Nafta, and has repeatedly labelled China as a 'currency manipulator'," the EIU said.

It warned his strong language directed towards Mexico and China in particular "could escalate rapidly into a trade war".

Maybe future trade deals will actually help Americans instead of putting millions into poverty.

No wonder the anti-Americans are worried.

They might lose their American hand-outs.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Funny!

All you have to do is take a look at what the Current Administration is doing to its Own People, and Still people cling to their Establishment as though it were all there was in the world to believe in.

ACORN

As George Carlin would say...

"It’s called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it."

Here's the full context, which is worth reposting.

"They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting #ed by a system that threw them overboard 30 #in’ years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers. Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork.

And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly #tier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it.

And now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your f*ckin' retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? They’ll get it. They’ll get it all from you sooner or later 'cause they own this f*ckin' place. It’s a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club. ...The table is tilted, folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. ...And nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care.

That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that’s being jammed up their assholes every day, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it."

Isn't it time to change who's holding the card deck and hand it back to the American Citizens?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He turned the ME into a hellhole,

Um... No... The ME has been a hellhole for thousands of years. Obama didn't change anything there. Besides, Bush jr. kicked that hornet's nest FAR harder than Obama ever did.

did not keep promises on drawing lines in the sand, let our boys die in Libya, Iran laughs are us, the Ukraine is invaded and NK is sending up missles every few months.... but he restore ties to a country that has nothing to offer us. BANG UP job....

I'll admit that the Syria boondoogle was bad. I'm not saying his international decisions are perfect or anything. As for NK, I can't believe you even mentioned that joke of a country. Obama's policies have little to no correlation to what KJU does.

Trump is a threat? He should be. Time for people to on point and stop drinking from the well the US taxpayers is providing.

ANYONE who thinks Trump is scarier than Islamic jihad in the world is a complete idiot...

Let's see. Islamic jihad has homemade bombs as their most effective means of destruction. Maybe a dirty bomb or two if they can get REALLY lucky on the black market (but then they still have to detonate it for maximum dispersion and these guys haven't been known for their expert planning). Meanwhile, a President Trump would have nuclear launch codes and the most well-funded military on the planet by several orders of magnitude at his disposal. Yeah those jihadists are TOTALLY more terrifying than Trump can be...

Oh, so you think Islamic Jihadists are less dangerous to Americans than Trump? You think Trump is going to be itching to destroy the world by launching nukes towards everyone? Who in this argument is really delusional?

Don't think too hard about this, I wouldn't want to see you hurt yourself.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
These the same type of Braniacs and scholars that told us an Obama presidency was Nobel Laureate level stuff?

Yeah, well, its hard to accomplish anything when you're blocked at every effort.

Do you really think Trump will do any better?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So in your opinion, we need a more aggressive USA?

You blame every evils of the world on Obama but it's the House (which was Republican in majority) who called the shots and hushed Obama.

Nahhh, just someone who isn't bowing (cowering) to our enemies and being a whimp like our current president.

The world is changing.

I'm for a leader who's smart enough to change with it.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Oh, so you think Islamic Jihadists are less dangerous to Americans than Trump? You think Trump is going to be itching to destroy the world by launching nukes towards everyone? Who in this argument is really delusional?

Don't think too hard about this, I wouldn't want to see you hurt yourself.

Wow... Elementary school insults. This is why I limit my talk about Trump to several posts a day and your post here just took one of them. I just tire of the juvenile arguing tactics I have to deal with from Trump supporters.

Islamic Jihadists pose next to no threat to the American homeland. Sure there are isolated incidents every now and then, but there are FAR worse killers of Americans in this country than terrorism. Domestic terrorism from Americans outnumbers Jihadist terrorism and domestic terrorism isn't that big of a threat either. If people would just pause for a minute and look at the numbers rationally, they'd see that terrorism as a whole isn't as scary as the media has made it out to be. (the media lying? SHOCKING!)

As for Trump. I have no idea what Trump is thinking at any given point. His stance changes with the wind and he claims to walk the talk so I could totally see Trump gambling with the world using nuclear weapons. Who knows if someone will call him on the bluff or even if it is a bluff. How are you so sure he wouldn't do this?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Every interview that you hear with people who know Trump personally, or who have sat down to have conversations with him, all say that he is a reasonable, intelligent, likeable person who has good ideas for this country.

People seem to not think of it this way:
He lived and worked in this country, dealing with the economy and politics. He lived and worked in the real world, unlike most politicians.
And just like many Americans who have to deal with real life, he saw problems with how things are done and was disappointed in our leadership and their inaction to correct things.
Our politicians are just not getting it.

But everyone else - we all just complain and do nothing.

Trump realized (and he has said this) that he finally decided to do something about it. And unlike most of us, he had the financial means, the knowledge, the leadership ability, and the power to actually do it.

I hear so many people, with all of their ideas about how the government should really do this and that...

Trump saw that the things were not going to get better the way things are going, and he wants to make a difference.
I saw one speech, where when asked "why" he wanted to be president, he honestly looked emotional, and pointed at a small child, and said "it's for him". It's to make the country better for future generations.

So, NO, Trump is NOT a global threat. I seriously believe, and know, that he IS our best hope for the future.
edit on 3/18/16 by BlueAjah because: wording

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Back in the 1980s before NAFTA we were doing well as a country. Now we are sending our precious jobs to Mexico, Canada, India, etc... They sell the finished product back to us and we pump up their economy with our money. Our money then goes to China , Mexico, India, etc... Therefore, we have to pay out welfare to our people, and live in a weak economy. NAFTA is EVIL. I am old enough to have witnessed this whole disaster unfold. The only people who get ahead are the rich corporations on the planet.

Trump does not seem to be the war monger the other republicans are. War is not the answer. Deals are. This also leads to economic instability for the USA. Who pays for war? We the poor American people do. I would rather pay for vacation personally. Does any one have money for a vacation in these times? No. We have become stupid.

This bash Trump campaign started when the owner of CNN instructed the media three weeks ago to do this... The owners of media trying to control public opinion. They are pushing their agenda.
edit on 18-3-2016 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Lord, you make him sound like Jesus or something.

Trump is only looking after Trump. Being the POTUS is a YUUUGE power trip for him - the ultimate power trip.
He's set for life if he becomes president, and he knows it. He can sell a book afterwards and make millions. Speaking fees - millions.

He's not exactly known for his sacrifice for others. He gives less to charity than any of his fellow billionaires.

Both the amount of money Trump has donated to his own foundation as well as the aggregate contributions made by the not-for-profit group are pitiful when compared to the philanthropy of other high-profile tycoons like Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Ellison, Ted Turner, Michael Bloomberg, David Geffen, or S.I. Newhouse.

www.thesmokinggun.com...

You've been played. Played hard.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why in the world would someone who is already so rich and has so much power willingly go through what Trump is going through, unless his intentions are for something beyond himself?
He already had everything.

Maybe he knows that most non-profits are scams.

I believe that he truly does want to fix what is wrong with this country. You can believe what you wish.

ETA: I can't believe you seriously think that he would go through all of this for a book deal. He is already a billionaire and has fame. He could already write books that make millions.
edit on 3/18/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton also has many millions. Right up until she started campaigning, she was doing speeches for hundreds of thousands of dollars a pop. Why, when she already has millions? When you are greedy, you can NEVER have too much money.

This POTUS thing is a power trip for her too. I'm sure you recognize that about her. But why are you are blind to Trump's ego and greed?

Bernie, on the other hand, has never been about greed. Just a lowly congressman, not accepting money from the big guys, working for the rights of the people.
edit on 18-3-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ah, ok, I understand now.

Someone who wants a president who is just going to hand out everything so that no one has to work or think anymore will never understand the long-term benefits to strengthening the economy.

So, I won't try to explain

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Nope, I'm just someone who wants a president who fights corruption, fights for people to be treated equal under the laws, and fights for the little guy who tends to get squashed by the big guy. I'm for someone who has a history of fighting for those things, not someone who pretends to be fighting for things only when they're running for POTUS.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal

This bash Trump campaign started when the owner of CNN instructed the media three weeks ago to do this... The owners of media trying to control public opinion. They are pushing their agenda.

The bash Trump campaign started when he opened his mouth.

No one outside himself is required.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

This POTUS thing is a power trip for her too. I'm sure you recognize that about her. But why are you are blind to Trump's ego and greed?

I have to interject that Hillary's focus has always been politics. It is her chosen career. It always has been. She didn't just jump on the bandwagon for a power trip.

I have a brother like Trump. I know the type very well. If you're not with them, you're against them. He's right, you're wrong. Its all about me. What I do is good for you, whether you think so or not. My kids call him Uncle God.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I have to interject that Hillary's focus has always been politics. It is her chosen career. It always has been. She didn't just jump on the bandwagon for a power trip.

I think she used to be pretty idealistic. I don't think she is any more. Now that she's had a taste of power and the good life, I think she just wants more. More money, more power, more success.

I know you don't agree, but that's all I've seen of her lately.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Annee

I think she used to be pretty idealistic. I don't think she is any more. Now that she's had a taste of power and the good life, I think she just wants more. More money, more power, more success.

I know you don't agree, but that's all I've seen of her lately.

Hillary's problem is that she acts like it is her god given right to be President, which many (most) Americans find as an off putting attitude to have towards the position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join