It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Looks like the Left Wing Progressives around the whole world are admitting that U.S. Citizens should continue to be downgraded.

I think most Americans are on to this trick.

How about the E.U. start doing their part and donate to the Americans in poverty.

I think it's time for European governments to help the failing U.S. Government.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: DAVID64

Hey what about that Danish pastry he was yucking it up with at mendala's funeral?

Don't she count?

...... or when he was checking this girl out in France? Him and Sarkozy seemed to have mutual interests.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Reestablished relations with Cuba?? Why, so we can send them our money or take in their citizens? What did WE gain from Cuba?

Being on more friendly terms with one of your neighbors is not a gain?

Iran's nuclear deal - are you kidding? The same deal where they constantly turn away the investigators and let us know blatantly how much they don't care about any sanctions we say well put on them. Or display our captured soldiers just to embarrass the US.

Actually those things have nothing to do with the deal...

And by Climate change needs you mean forced the US on a march towards more taxes not even for the US but for the UN. Sweet man.

I'm not even going to address this silliness; mostly because I already know that you are an AGW denier and no rational argument I can present here is going to sway you from that irrational opinion.

He bowed down to every bit of opposition. Just because you started buying the bullies a soda everyday so they don't beat you, doesn't make them your friends and it doesn't make you a good negotiator. But hey you are free to blindly not see any of that.

U.S has the highest approval rating in the world: Gallup poll

Hard to argue against cold, hard facts, but I'm sure you will try.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

He turned the ME into a hellhole, did not keep promises on drawing lines in the sand, let our boys die in Libya, Iran laughs are us, the Ukraine is invaded and NK is sending up missles every few months.... but he restore ties to a country that has nothing to offer us. BANG UP job....

Trump is a threat? He should be. Time for people to on point and stop drinking from the well the US taxpayers is providing.

ANYONE who thinks Trump is scarier than Islamic jihad in the world is a complete idiot...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

He turned the ME into a hellhole,

Um... No... The ME has been a hellhole for thousands of years. Obama didn't change anything there. Besides, Bush jr. kicked that hornet's nest FAR harder than Obama ever did.

did not keep promises on drawing lines in the sand, let our boys die in Libya, Iran laughs are us, the Ukraine is invaded and NK is sending up missles every few months.... but he restore ties to a country that has nothing to offer us. BANG UP job....

I'll admit that the Syria boondoogle was bad. I'm not saying his international decisions are perfect or anything. As for NK, I can't believe you even mentioned that joke of a country. Obama's policies have little to no correlation to what KJU does.

Trump is a threat? He should be. Time for people to on point and stop drinking from the well the US taxpayers is providing.

ANYONE who thinks Trump is scarier than Islamic jihad in the world is a complete idiot...

Let's see. Islamic jihad has homemade bombs as their most effective means of destruction. Maybe a dirty bomb or two if they can get REALLY lucky on the black market (but then they still have to detonate it for maximum dispersion and these guys haven't been known for their expert planning). Meanwhile, a President Trump would have nuclear launch codes and the most well-funded military on the planet by several orders of magnitude at his disposal. Yeah those jihadists are TOTALLY more terrifying than Trump can be...
edit on 17-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But approval ratings don't actually matter. Also that doesn't make sense at all it says Russia is lowest globally. What lower than North Korea or Sudan or Syria or Libya or Afghanistan or Saudi or Sweden...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But approval ratings don't actually matter. Also that doesn't make sense at all it says Russia is lowest globally. What lower than North Korea or Sudan or Syria or Libya or Afghanistan or Saudi or Sweden...

Apparently. I guess when you are an international bully, as opposed to just a domestic one you create more international negative opinions of yourself. Wait, I don't guess. That's simple logic. With a Trump Presidency (and because Trump seems to be buddies with Putin) expect the same results for the States.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The findings were based on a Gallup World Poll of 21,000 people in 21 nations, released Wednesday. “Russians gave the U.S. and the EU the lowest approval ratings in the world and the highest disapproval ratings. Russians’ disapproval of the U.S. nearly doubled from 42 percent in 2013 to 82 percent in 2014,” Mr. Clifton says, reporting similar figures for the EU.

So, those we give money to like us...not so much our equals...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I think in actual reality it's highly unlikely Trump will resort to nuclear weapons if elected. That is really pushing it. Didn't Cruz say something about glowing in the dark I find him more disturbing.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The findings were based on a Gallup World Poll of 21,000 people in 21 nations, released Wednesday. “Russians gave the U.S. and the EU the lowest approval ratings in the world and the highest disapproval ratings. Russians’ disapproval of the U.S. nearly doubled from 42 percent in 2013 to 82 percent in 2014,” Mr. Clifton says, reporting similar figures for the EU.

So, those we give money to like us...not so much our equals...

Is that the best you got to try to dismiss this information that conflicts with the narrative you are trying to present? The narrative that Trump is supposed to "magically" fix our poor international standing with his brash assholishness.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Are you saying Syria is a joke? That is Islamic Jihad...as is Egypt and Libya. We are still bombing them, you know, because of Islamic terror cells that are taking over countries.

If Trump drew a line in the sand, he would do it and then not broadcast on CNN where they would attack. He would just do it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

I think in actual reality it's highly unlikely Trump will resort to nuclear weapons if elected. That is really pushing it. Didn't Cruz say something about glowing in the dark I find him more disturbing.

Unlikely? That isn't reassuring enough. The point is that he has them at his disposal and can use them. Plus, even without nuclear weapons to pretend like jihadists can do anywhere NEAR the level of damage and destruction our military can do if given the right orders is just stupidly naive.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Are you saying Syria is a joke? That is Islamic Jihad...as is Egypt and Libya. We are still bombing them, you know, because of Islamic terror cells that are taking over countries.

No, I clearly said that the Syria thing was a boondoogle. Which means that Obama failed there. But I want to know why you blatantly ignore all the good that has transpired in the world since Obama took office and only focus on the bad. Take a step out of your comfort zone and echo chamber for a change and look at things with a balanced perspective. The world isn't as bad off as you think it is.

If Trump drew a line in the sand, he would do it and then not broadcast on CNN where they would attack. He would just do it.

Uh huh.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Well, the alternative is Hillary then.

Um, no. I'll take Armageddon for 50 Alex.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well I didn't pretend jihadists could or couldn't do anything, I didn't actually say that, but anyway. I was saying Trump won't start a nuclear war and as you infer he could my contention is that that is in fact quite ridiculous and based on no rational facts at all. Won't happen in real life bro.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

You say that, but Trump appears to be the master of unconventional tactics. I wouldn't rule something like that out just because you don't approve of nuclear force. Trump only cares about himself, remember?

This is what is so frustrating talking to Trump supporters. You guys project your wants and what you would do on to Trump because he crafted an image to make you think that, but at the end of the day Trump is a huge narcissist and only cares about himself. I just wish there was some argument that could be made to get you guys to see this, but I'm losing hope.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That does look like a BBC article.

I would think that other countries might consider Trump a global threat.
Other countries would no longer have a choke hold on the US economy.
Other countries could no longer take advantage of the US and give us nothing in return, trading with the US in deals that favor of other countries.
And they could no longer ship their poor across our borders so that they become US responsibility.

What will other countries do when the US is no longer their puppet? Yes, I can see how they could consider Trump a threat.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Don't vote for Trump he might nuke someone! seems a little beneath you Mr Shot. C'mon you can do better. In fact that is the height of hilarity...
Well Bernie could nuke Trump if he gets elected lol.

And I'm not a Trump supporter I don't vote in the US. I think Bernie or Trump would be equally entertaining as el presidente.
edit on 17-3-2016 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I really think Trump would be a much better communicator than people give him credit for. He probably has had more contact with more world leaders than any of the candidates. Don't sell him short because he isn't PC that might be his real strength when it's needed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join