It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Donald Trump winning the US presidency is considered one of the top 10 risks facing the world, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.

The research firm warns he could disrupt the global economy and heighten political and security risks in the US.

He has been exceptionally hostile towards free trade, including notably Nafta, and has repeatedly labelled China as a 'currency manipulator'," the EIU said.

It warned his strong language directed towards Mexico and China in particular "could escalate rapidly into a trade war".

On the campaign trail, Mr Trump has advocated killing the families of terrorists and invading Syria to eradicate the so-called Islamic State group and appropriate its oil.

"His militaristic tendencies towards the Middle East and ban on all Muslim travel to the US would be a potent recruitment tool for jihadi groups, increasing their threat both within the region and beyond," the EIU added.

Personally, I do agree with the opinion that Trump becoming a president could have devastating results. The president of one of the largest economies as well as the most influential country in the world should not be a person who tells whatever comes to mind without thinking on the consequences of his words. Every nation is connected via trade and insulting, being arrogant towards other nations could lead to severe consequences resulting in either economical or even real war. Having respect towards other nations , towards your partners is a necessity when it comes to international relations. Being a strong leader does not equal to being arrogant towards everyone else.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

I agree. Diplomatic relations don't seem to be his strong suit.

But I think Trump is actually very smart - he is a businessman, if there's one thing he does know, it's money. I think all this trashing on his part was just part of a tactic to gain maximum media exposure - publicity. And it worked.

edit on 17-3-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Do you have a source link?

-dex

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

"His militaristic tendencies towards the Middle East

Remind me again....which President didn't have that outlook on the M.E ? I guess all those troops were/are on vacation and they all just happen to pick the same spot?

repeatedly labelled China as a 'currency manipulator'

And what about that isn't true?

his strong language directed towards Mexico and China

It's about time someone did.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
These the same type of Braniacs and scholars that told us an Obama presidency was Nobel Laureate level stuff?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

Do you have a source link?

-dex

I think it's this BBC article:

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

As opposed to how dangerous and deadly the world is since Obama became president and created the threats we now see globally? No one could F up the world as bad as he has. Sniveling up to our enemies only to have them recommit new calls for our destruction is not something that real men would even consider, but when we are talking Obama, he has already proven that no one can do as badly as he has, or piss off more people in the world than he has.

Diplomacy isn't sniveling up to others like a little school girl and begging for forgiveness while not even having done anything to be forgiven for, UNLESS YOUR NAME IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.

The Trump method actually works much better by letting people know not to even think about messing with us without expecting to be held accountable.

Trump is HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE and THIS is why the weak minded fools are ACTUALLY upset about him.

I hope this helps to illustrate the reality of what is actually happening, and more than 50 percent of the country ALREADY understands this, but the remaining minority don't wish to understand the concept of accountability since they want other people to be accountable for them, hence the entitlement syndrome that plagues our nation like a terminal disease under Obama.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So in your opinion, we need a more aggressive USA?

You blame every evils of the world on Obama but it's the House (which was Republican in majority) who called the shots and hushed Obama.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm just curious who Obama has pissed off around the world. I distinctly recall a much more negative opinion of America during the Bush presidency because of his two wars and his "you're either with us or against us" rhetoric. Most notably, France. That is unless you are talking about Russia, who seem to be a mess of their own making anyways.

But Obama has reestablished relations with Cuba. He's helped negotiate Iran's nuclear deal. He's help got the world involved on Climate Change needs. As far as foreign policy goes, yeah Obama got off to kind of a rocky start (since he didn't know what he was doing and was just hitting the ground running), but overall he did a decent job and I think actually improved relations with more countries than he hindered relations with. But hey you are free to blindly not see any of that.
edit on 17-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

So in your opinion, we need a more aggressive USA?

You blame every evils of the world on Obama but it's the House (which was Republican in majority) who called the shots and hushed Obama.

Nahhh, just someone who isn't bowing (cowering) to our enemies and being a whimp like our current president.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

"His militaristic tendencies towards the Middle East"

Remind me again....which President didn't have that outlook on the M.E ? I guess all those troops were/are on vacation and they all just happen to pick the same spot?

Well said.

That was my line of reasoning as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Please enlighten us: how exactly do you propose your ideal President stops being a "whimp"? By adopting a belligerent militaristic attitude, like Bush; or by shouting loud and offensive words to the World, like Trump?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

News for ya. Hillary as POTUS would be a global threat too.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.businessinsider.com...

It sounds like Obama doesn't have any friends on the world stage

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that President Barack Obama's relatively aloof approach to diplomacy has left him few — if any — close, personal relationships with world leaders.

This is probably a more interesting read - usdefensewatch.com...

And a little more -

www.dcclothesline.com...

Then is then, and now is now. Along with his plummeting approval ratings in the United States (a new Gallup Poll low of 39% approval vs. 53% disapproval), those outside of America also are increasingly disenthralled. More seriously, leaders of other countries have begun openly mocking Obama and his administration and, by extension, the United States. Last Monday, Jan. 14, 2014, Israel’s Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon mocked (and later apologized) U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry — and, by implication, Obama’s Middle East policy and his foreign policy in general — as “messianic.”

edit on 17-3-2016 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That businessinsider article is a stretch at best. Who cares if you don't have personal relationships with world leaders?

As for Israel, I will concede that Israel likely has a worse opinion of us. Though, considering their rhetoric towards Iran, their lobby in congress, and Netanyahu petitioning Congress by going around Obama their relationship is of their own making.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Hey what about that Danish pastry he was yucking it up with at mendala's funeral?

Don't she count?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's quite a coincidence that nearly all of these "global risks" have to do with economies and trade agreements.

The plastic island in the Pacific? Amazon de-forestation? No end in sight to the radiation pouring out of Japan? Not really global problems compared to countries leaving the EU, I guess. Global warming? Not really a problem if you can tax it, I suppose. Systematic genocide in Tibet and the Occupied Territories? Must be more of a local problem than global.

Yeah, Trump is a global problem because he might throw a monkey wrench into debt based fiat currency systems. Things like drug addiction epidemics, crime and government corruption, and the extinction of things like tigers, rhinos, and elephants don't even rate an honorable mention.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Did you see the look on Michelle's face!?! lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He didn't piss people off because he bent over and took it from whomever shot us a passing glance of disapproval.

Reestablished relations with Cuba?? Why, so we can send them our money or take in their citizens? What did WE gain from Cuba?

Iran's nuclear deal - are you kidding? The same deal where they constantly turn away the investigators and let us know blatantly how much they don't care about any sanctions we say well put on them. Or display our captured soldiers just to embarrass the US.

And by Climate change needs you mean forced the US on a march towards more taxes not even for the US but for the UN. Sweet man.

He bowed down to every bit of opposition. Just because you started buying the bullies a soda everyday so they don't beat you, doesn't make them your friends and it doesn't make you a good negotiator. But hey you are free to blindly not see any of that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Absolute rubbish IMO. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld will be hard to top by anyone Obama hasn't done much better. Many many other countries leaders and politicians offend insult etc on a regular basis.
What exactly will Trump do which could be so 'dangerous' have less muslim immigration... or continue the wall with Mexico which is already there...
Sounds like typical far left drivel to demonize anyone they don't support, of course I'm sure Hillary will ensure total security and rainbows and kittens for all lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join