It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson, Trumps VP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
So watching CNN just now I realized during a Ben Carson interview that it's possible that he may be the coming choice for VP based on his position of support for Trump.

www.cnn.com...

Palm Beach, Florida (CNN)Ben Carson threw his support behind Donald Trump Friday morning, saying the two men had "buried the hatchet" and praising the Republican Party's front-runner as a "the voice of the people to be heard."

I saw earlier Carson defending Trumps opinion in possible unrest if the GOP rigs the debate.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So watching CNN just now I realized during a Ben Carson interview that it's possible that he may be the coming choice for VP based on his position of support for Trump.

www.cnn.com...

Palm Beach, Florida (CNN)Ben Carson threw his support behind Donald Trump Friday morning, saying the two men had "buried the hatchet" and praising the Republican Party's front-runner as a "the voice of the people to be heard."

I saw earlier Carson defending Trumps opinion in possible unrest if the GOP rigs the debate.

This would be welcome news. Ben Carson was always the guy I wanted. At least he could become VP.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I dont think he will. To win the general election, he will have to pick someone that seems reasonable and level headed to centrists that arent bound to party. So far Trump has shown that he knows what he needs to get votes. Who fits that mold, that is somewhat known and non establishment?
edit on 17-3-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Interesting....and. Following.....

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Trump VP will likely be trump.

His ego likely to big to jusy settle for president

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 17-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
IDK...I like much about Dr. Carson...but I don't think he'll be Trump's choice for VP.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Forget that idea...Chris Christie will most likely get VP...while Ben Carson will lead the charge in the education department!

But if BC did however become VP...I am sure this is how DJT and him will spend quality time together in their play area room #11 in the White House

edit on 17-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If there's a brokered convention, and that's very likely....Trump won't even get the nomination.

Then what?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

April 26, 2016

After most primary victories, Donald Trump singles out Dr. Ben Carson as an extraordinary person and endorser. He did so again tonight, after winning every county in each of the 5-state Northeast primaries.

I'm starting to think that Donald Trump wants Ben as his Vice President. Ben is smart, but he's also low-key, and won't clash with Donald when they're both in the White House. That's very important when the President has a big ego and big personality to match.

A devout Christian, who's also African American would also win over a lot of the tepid "She's all we got..:-(" Hillary supporters too, IMO.
-cwm

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I've been hearing Jim Webb.

I like Carson, but I doubt it. He's got some checks against him.

Trump is building up the women's vote with Kelly right now, so I'm not sure if he would go for a woman. I think Carson may get a chance if Trump doesn't pull out something to address the unfounded racist claims. I think it might be a big surprise. I've seen some good cases made for *****. They seemed to have fun, and I think I saw some mutual respect, especially after Trump passed a compliment.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I actually like Carson as VP his more moderate approach will balance out Trump well.

Plus he's black and can shut up the racist bs.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I actually like Carson as VP his more moderate approach will balance out Trump well.

Plus he's black and can shut up the racist bs.

Too bad he's the male equivalent of Sarah Palin.

But somehow, I feel like that would play well in the Trump camp. IMO just take Rubio or Bobby Jindal.

He's gonna need the young minority vote if he's to beat Hillary in the general.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I can see Carson as VP. I have seen others speculate about Carly, but...eh...I am a woman and did not like her! Carson is an outsider whose calming almost sedative speech will balance Trump's over the top candor. Though on the otherside of the coin, Trump may need an insider who can be his go-between with the other branches of government in order to ensure he can accomplish at least some of his goals.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Trump has already said that he would likely have someone experienced in politics as his VP.
I think that's a smart decision.
Supposedly, he is going to announce a list of about 10 possibilities for his VP choice in the coming days.

His choice will need to be someone with experience who will support his decisions and not be too much of an insider to turn off the voters, yet needs be someone that will attract established party members.
It should also not be someone that is "too" well liked by the established party, or he might have some kind of accident shortly into his term so that they can get his VP into the presidency.

I think that it will be a tough decision.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If there's a brokered convention, and that's very likely....Trump won't even get the nomination.

Then what?

I just cannot see the Republican party not giving him the nomination after he sets a new record for the most primary votes in party history.

www.politico.com...

With his five blowout wins Tuesday night, Donald Trump has passed Mitt Romney’s popular vote total from four years ago and is on a trajectory that could land him more Republican votes than any presidential candidate in modern history – by a lot.

Trump surged to 9.9 million votes, according to totals that include Tuesday’s preliminary results across the northeast and could rise further as the final votes are counted. That’s already more than 100,000 more than Romney earned in the entire 2012 primary season and tens of thousands more than John McCain earned in 2008.

Trump is certain to pass McCain’s total next week in Indiana, but more importantly, he’s positioned to easily pass the modern record-holder George W. Bush — who collected 10.8 million votes in 2000. Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
2 puppets in charge of us, this will be fun to watch if it happens.

top topics

join