It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of Dave Mcgowan's online material is now gone.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
For those of you unfamiliar with him he was quite a prolific conspiracy theorist, I will not go into detail about him here but anyone interested can have a google, he wrote some very interesting things about many topics including the moon landings, 9,11 the Boston bombing,Laurel canyon and much more.

Here's a link to his website.

Up until quite recently his website was very outdated but had a massive amount of information and pretty much everything he ever wrote.

All of this is now gone and has been replaced with some links to the books that he wrote, a fraction of his work.

Here's the thing, last year he developed an aggressive type of cancer and died shortly afterwards, many speculated foul play.

Now less than a year later all his work is gone.

Is this his family looking to make some cash from book sales or is there a more sinister twist in this tale?

Smells a little fishy to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
More likely the family wanting money.

'About a year later,' sounds right to let everyone get through the grieving process.

Then they trash what they think is crap ... and we all have family members that think we are crazy nut jobs.

That about sums it up for me.

P

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

'About a year later,' sounds right to let everyone get through the grieving process.

Then they trash what they think is crap ... and we all have family members that think we are crazy nut jobs.

P

Either way its a big loss, I was working my way through it over a few years.

It seems a little odd that they pulled the site before putting the new stuff out?

We now have no way of knowing what has been edited.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

cui bono ?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

cui bono ?

No idea.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Either way its a big loss, I was working my way through it over a few years.

It seems a little odd that they pulled the site before putting the new stuff out?

We now have no way of knowing what has been edited.

No sounds right. Now they can sell it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

really ?

so has it really nt occured to you that whoever now owns the publishing rights to mr Mcgowan's books has a vested interest in creating a climate where-in - the only way to read what he wrote is " buy the book " ?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes of course it has, thats why I said so in the OP, on the website it says

Note: Donations are not tax-deductible. All donations and proceeds from book sales will be used to preserve and promote Dave’s work.

So they are looking to promote and preserve his work and the first thing they do to achieve this is to remove all of it from the internet?

So either his family are not very nice people or he upset someone he should not have and the family are being pressured to remove his work.

He put a lot of stuff out on a lot of topics, are you aware of any of his research?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think he would have been honored to have his family perpetuate his interests.

I dont fault anyone for making a buck. His family especially.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Or rather than pay to put it all up online they rather make money off it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I think he would have been honored to have his family perpetuate his interests.

I dont fault anyone for making a buck. His family especially.

Really? A prolific conspiracy writer dies quite suddenly and a few months later all his work is pulled from the internet because the website was looking out dated?

Come on this is text book conspiracy theory surely? Why was it never monetized when he needed money for healthcare? why not update the site with his work intact if all proceeds are going towards preserving his work?

Not buying it, I am a conspiracy theorist after all.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Or rather than pay to put it all up online they rather make money off it.

They already pay for the website? copy and paste anyone?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I had no idea about this person so my opinion is based solely on what I read just now:

In the personal letter from the daughter (if you believe that is what it is) she says he died of cancer. I would imagine they have some medical bills to pay possibly. I don't know, seems like it might be the family's way of trying to pay the bills.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well his daughter says she is going to make everything available again, at some point. Alissa's letter

Looking at the wayback machine, it says:

This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.
So we can't retrieve his work from the Internet archive either.

-dex

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Im gonna go with your thought,, even though sometimes one hopes that s*** isnt everywhere

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
Well his daughter says she is going to make everything available again, at some point. Alissa's letter

Looking at the wayback machine, it says:

This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.
So we can't retrieve his work from the Internet archive either.

-dex

Yes I saw that she is planning to bring it back but why take it down in the meantime? Why not leave it up until the site is revamped if she is looking to preserve her Dad's memory.

And why is it excluded from the wayback machine along with the old site?

It just seems strange that all of his work other than a few books have been effectively removed from the internet now he is dead.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

And why is it excluded from the wayback machine along with the old site? It just seems strange that all of his work other than a few books have been effectively removed from the internet now he is dead.

I was willing to accept the letter from his daughter at face value until I found that the Wayback machine hadn't archived any of his work. It may be that it was prevented from archiving the site based on a request from Dave Mcgowan when he was alive.

In any event, his relatively quick acting cancer and the apparent disappearance of his work does make me wonder...

-dex

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

And why is it excluded from the wayback machine along with the old site? It just seems strange that all of his work other than a few books have been effectively removed from the internet now he is dead.

I was willing to accept the letter from his daughter at face value until I found that the Wayback machine hadn't archived any of his work. It may be that it was prevented from archiving the site based on a request from Dave Mcgowan when he was alive.

In any event, his relatively quick acting cancer and the apparent disappearance of his work does make me wonder...

-dex

I seem to remember at the time he announced his cancer that there was some speculation as to it's cause as it was a pretty rare and fast acting type.

Some people were saying that he had got into some kind of trouble over his work on the Boston bombings and maybe he got too close to the bone once too many and "taken out".

I dismissed it as the usual thing people say in this type of situation but given that he has all but been eradicated on-line the theory has a little more weight to it.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
K.I.S.S.

The site's contract with it's hosting company was going to run out anyway, usually you pay for three yrs at a clip, whoever is taking over would have had to pay MORE by continuing the contract, versus being a new owner and snagging a great lower deal.

this also gives you some breathing room to revamp an outdated platform, preserving the data.

Plus settling an estate.
The site can be considered an asset/intellectual property. It's pretty understandable it's down while the family sorts things out especially if they are going to republish their fathers material.

I'm not seeing this being too unusual?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
K.I.S.S.

The site's contract with it's hosting company was going to run out anyway, usually you pay for three yrs at a clip, whoever is taking over would have had to pay MORE by continuing the contract, versus being a new owner and snagging a great lower deal.

this also gives you some breathing room to revamp an outdated platform, preserving the data.

Plus settling an estate.
The site can be considered an asset/intellectual property. It's pretty understandable it's down while the family sorts things out especially if they are going to republish their fathers material.

I'm not seeing this being too unusual?

This is a conspiracy forum though.

If we always took the most obvious answer or believed what we were told regardless then there would be no ATS other than a few threads about bacon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join