It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV Chinese Central Television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So I've been watching international news lately on CCTV such as Africa Live. I've noticed they are always talking about China and how Australia just made it so 80,000,000 Chinese can enter Australia on vacation or how China just create a new law eliminating poverty and how China is invested heavily into the African Union and developing better relationships with all of its neighbors and the list goes on.

So I found this really odd and decided to go to their website and see what the hell this CCTV was all about and found this...

english.cntv.cn...

CCTV NEWS is the English language news channel of China Central Television (CCTV), the nation's largest national broadcasting network. The channel grew out of CCTV International, which was launched on September 25, 2000. Its wide range of coverage includes newscasts, in-depth reports, and commentary programs, as well as a host of feature presentations

Does anyone else find it weird that there's a Chinese News station as well as a Russian news station in America now?

Is the information war getting real or what?

Is there a CNN American news centric operation happening in China and Russia?
edit on 3/17/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Had it in the UK for years as well as other African and Asian channels and obviously loads from USA - we live in a global community so it only makes sense

Maybe it will help more americans learn there is more to the world than what happens in the states and also see different points of view from different cultures.

Generally we need to step outside to get a clear picture of what is happening inside - if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Had it in the UK for years as well as other African and Asian channels and obviously loads from USA - we live in a global community so it only makes sense

Maybe it will help more americans learn there is more to the world than what happens in the states and also see different points of view from different cultures.

Generally we need to step outside to get a clear picture of what is happening inside - if you know what I mean.

I totally agree which is exactly why I was watching some of its shows. I was especially impressed by the show Africa Live.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Don't forget Al Jazeera too

Is there anything wrong with more news outlets from differently biased groups ?

If you watch them all then you have a higher chance of finding out exactly what the truth actually is

I'm sure our Western media outlets penetrate into their lands too either by actual channels in the regions or via people watching on the internet

The only news outlet we're missing is a North Korean one and I bet that would be entertaining to watch

top topics

join