It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Aliens and ancient mythological creatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Over the years, and centuries, there have been many tales of creatures that come and visit humans. From tales of flying fairy like beings that would fly in, and kidnap children, to more terrifying things like the Bakhtak of Iranian folklore , or the Mare of Denmark, these beings come and kidnap people, or leave them with nightmares. One example, the Bakhtak. It causes them to feel, and wake with a weight on their chest, and unable to breathe. Some of these creatures cause the victims to feel near-suffocation and sleep paralysis, and leaves their victims not able to sleep, and giving them nightmares. To me, it sounds a lot like how some victims of alien abductions describe their “nightmares”, which turn out to sometimes be memories of the pain they felt during their abduction. They often describe they can’t move, feel paralyzed, can’t sleep, and often have nightmares. There are many other symptoms , but aliencontactandhumanevolution.com lists PARALYZED and INSOMNIA as some.These are only a few symptoms, but the symptoms and creatures kidnapping people,sounds similar to those that creatures like the Bakhtak that are said to leave its victims. There are many other creatures in folklore that were said to come at night, and abduct people from their sleep ,and leave them with nightmares, so my question is, is it possible that these creatures of folklore and mythology were actually aliens? This is important to me because it is something I have wondered and looked into for a while, and would like to see what others think, what do you guys think?

-Also, I am knew to ATS, so any tips and suggestions on how I can make these better would help, thanks.

Here are some websites I got some of the info on:
www.paranormalnews.com...
aliencontactandhumanevolution.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BEAS97
I am relatively new here myself, and recommend time spent in the "Freshman Forum" to help guide you in thread protocols. That and paragraphs will help.

As to your proposition, many cultures have lore that some have attributed to alien intervention, but cannot be proven. One thing's for sure: most lore has bits of truth entwined, and many myths and legends were created and handed down to explain events and happenings in that tribe's history.

Take the PNW 's Sasquatch. There are many Native tribes in this region, but all contain oral history of interactions with what we call Bigfoot. The name might vary, and details about attributes may differ slightly, but the gist is the same from the Duwamish to Chinook, the Skokomish to Nooksack. All have spoken of knowledge of the "big hairy man".

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BEAS97
They often describe they can’t move, feel paralyzed, can’t sleep, and often have nightmares.

It sounds to me like you are describing sleep paralysis, a very real and quite common phenomenon. I myself suffered it throughout my childhood and having never understood it, it terrified the living daylight out of me. It is the fear that set's in to motion your survival instincts, and because you cannot move (the paralysis) your eyesight and hearing goes into overdrive. You start to believe you are seeing things that are not there, or hearing things that are not there. You are basically panicking with nowhere to go. I also had the feeling or something pressing down on my chest. I hated it.

It wasn't until I researched the topic that I was able to better understand it. Now whenever it happens, I will wake, I will feel paralyzed, I embrace the static noise and wait for the moment to pass. Guess what, no more hallucinations.

I think it's easy to be left confused following this and believe the make-believe.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The symptoms of alien abduction, demonic harrassment, and sleep paralysis overlap far too much to discern them. Which one you think most plausible depends on your cognitive bias.

But the truth is, nobody could say for certain, and those who say they know have something to gain from it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

The grays in which are common amongst the human species are Half Dolphin half-human but they are gray in color.

The Bird like race are the ones that control the world it would be extra kool to see them but they have beaks…shells and beaks for some reason just couldn’t evolve to flesh and break down into a nose over the time of evolution, so its kind of hard to bring them to the public.

Genetics and such did transform a couple of them in which the new names for them has been dubbed the tall whites, the paladin race and the other 14,000 names that has been giving to them.

In the last 20 years under many underground national laws and world leaders signatures they are no longer considered ET because of the nature of all the species on this earth smilingly growing up together.

In the last 20 years it was written into law that they are considered human…Elemental human as it was broken down.

Elemental Humans from the land.

Elemental Humans from the sea.

Elemental humans from the air.

So to be honest, it's really never been a such thing as aliens because if it was, I doubt if they will hide and I doubt if you think for a minute that they will come in peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Sources, please.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis a few times and couple of years ago once had something which I think was a cross between sleep paralysis and a nightmare.

I was at University and living in student halls but in the nightmare I was at my flat back home. It was very, very lucid and is the most clear dream I've ever had in my life. I was in my front room and it was dark. I don't know why but I bent down to start messing about with the video recorder as it was flashing and shouldn't even be plugged in (video tapes are pretty non-existent now days so it's never plugged in).

I felt myself being strangled. And I literally mean I felt it. I have never had any physical sensation in dreams but I could feel myself choking. In the dream I was calling out for my mother and sister who should be sleeping in their rooms but I sensed for whatever reason they weren't there.

When I woke up I was yelling out and realised I was at Uni and not even in my flat but immediately turned my room light on and didn't sleep for the rest of the night. The pure, absolute ,intense, sense of reality seriously spooked me.

BUT I do not think there was any sort of monster or abduction experience. I'd had sleep paralysis before that so knew this although it seemed very realistic. When I'd had sleep paralysis previously I actually thought an evil presence was in the room but fortunately someone mentioned sleep paralysis, I looked it up and immediately knew that was what I'd had.

What I'm trying to say is sometimes sleep paralysis/ nightmares can feel so real that they are completely unlike any dream you've ever had before. It can create something which can easily be interpreted as reality itself. Sleep paralysis is usually cased by having a huge sleep deficit as it has been when I've had it.

If an individual has had a week or more with a very small amount of sleep I imagine that their experiences could go on for even longer than mine therefore giving their brain the opportunity to create more of a story in their mind which can seem like a long real experience.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I am the source!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BEAS97
is it possible that these creatures of folklore and mythology were actually aliens?

Yes and no.

The djinn of the past are the dimensional shadow people of today that are mainly monitoring humans during the dark hours of nighttime. They were around on this planet long before man evolved.

They naturally radiate pure evil which is why so many people are in a state of fear during sleep paralysis.

The future version of mythical pointy ear elves will soon be tomorrows sci-fi pointy ear Spocks after alien disclosure. They also go by the name, the Lyrim or Fallen Watchers during the Biblical days of Enoch the Scribe.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If angels and demons played bloods and crips which colour would each them be.

O wait I got a better one. If I was ball of light that changed black and white again an again. Which hindu God would I be?
edit on 21-3-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Sources, please.

Of course:

Harte

top topics

join