It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have scientists actually debunked the Bermuda Triangle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: rkingpin

why does a large section of ATS have this obsession with shifting the burden of evidence ?

Because they know they have no evidence at all for whatever it is they are claiming, so want others to chase up.... nothing!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MALBOSIA

How is it a joke? Because of the ice created by methane gas?

Methane's melting point (albeit a sea level) is -182°C.

I believe you have forgotten a variable ... pressure.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Methane is notorious for "clogging" engines until they literally just shut down, or stall. Try spraying this into an open-air engine and off it goes. Older planes could foreseeably have run into these pockets and gone down. Not great for a lot of equipment really.

As for swamping boats. It's possible to go down in a soda bubble-like situation but damaged nav equipment, coupled with storms and reefs does seem more likely.

Apologies if I'm repeating things already posted. I didn't check the other posts.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: rkingpin
But how true are the conspiracy theories?

A better question would be "Has anyone proven the "Bermuda Triangle" exists?

Yes it has been proven to exist. People have gone and mapped the area even. You can even find it by looking on any map since many decades gone by. It is just an area on planet Earth within a defined area of ocean where strange things are purported to occur. LOL

edit on 17-3-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Have I missed something? Where is the "evidence"? Who are those scientists? What exactly where their findings? Has it been reviewed by other scientists?

The only thing I see are opinions.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
People have gone and mapped the area even.

Funny that, the whole earth has been mapped!

You can even find it by looking on any map since many decades gone by.

Yes, on maps by people who are trying to sell books!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: rkingpin
But how true are the conspiracy theories?

A better question would be "Has anyone proven the "Bermuda Triangle" exists?

Charles Berlitz certainly must have made a small fortune saying it exists in the '70's, not only that, but it's the true location of Atlantis and also visitation point for ancient aliens. Weird decade to grow up in, the '70's.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I do believe the Methane theory is the most likely theory.. it's been tested and shown to sink objects ( scale models ) .. and it does it quickly.. there is a high level of methane in the area as well so it fits... and yes it can cause planes to crash

I'm all for the fun myth of the triangle, but it's just not a thing as far as I'm concerned.. far more people pass through safely than they do not... and plenty of other mysterious things have happened all over the ocean..
edit on 3/17/2016 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I watched a documentary

Basically the ocean floor is formed so that air gets trapped under neath this rock forming a massive air bubble once it is massive enough it bubbles up to the surface where it creates a huge vacuum sucking in anything passing through simultaneously creating an electromagnetic disturbance in air

The experiment was sinking a boat with a air bubble machine it was enough to sink it

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
from the Wikipedia page of the Bermuda Triangle:

The legend of the Bermuda Triangle is a manufactured mystery, perpetuated by writers who either purposely or unknowingly made use of misconceptions, faulty reasoning, and sensationalism.[2][14][15][16] In a 2013 study, the World Wide Fund for Nature identified the world’s 10 most dangerous waters for shipping, but the Bermuda Triangle was not among them.[17]

I remember watching a Documentary that put the BT in third place of dangerous areas in the world

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MALBOSIA

How is it a joke? Because of the ice created by methane gas?

Methane's melting point (albeit a sea level) is -182°C.

I believe you have forgotten a variable ... pressure.

No Occam, I have not. Why would you think that? I downright explicitly wrote that the mentioned temperature was that for phase change at sea level. You even QUOTE me writing that!

Anyway, riddle me this - for this is my point - if it is not cold enough for water to freeze at an equal pressure, and if water freezes at a temperature 182°C higher than methane, how can there be frozen methane?

edit on 17-3-2016 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

I dunno lol, i went down there but i wasn't near the areas where the triangle overlapped so i guess i lucked out haha

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... pear-without-trace.html

article is a few weeks old
methane craters found in Barents Sea; might be similar to Bermuda Triangle events

A discovery of giant underwater craters at the bottom of Barents Sea could offer a viable explanation to the disappearance of ships in the Bermuda Triangle.
Scientists have found craters up to half a mile wide and 150ft deep, believed to have been caused by build-ups of methane off the coast of natural gas-rich Norway.
The methane would have leaked from deposits of natural gas further below the surface and created cavities which finally bursts, scientists say.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The last time I checked, the number of wrecks/disappearances in the triangle was no greater than for any other heavily traveled shipping lane. So, in that sense, yes -- it's been debunked.

As far as the ships and planes that do wreck/vanish, there is more than enough natural phenomena to account for it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There could be many theories about the bermuda triangle and even if many wreckages hav been found where do the people dissappear on the ships and planes . They should hav found at least a body or a boot . There could be some powerful underwater currents like the east Australian current and the debris would be swept out to the poles . They should start looking for them there .

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

It could be cause of the extreme pressure that methane freezes .

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I flew in and out of JAX NAS in the 70's. We used to do ASW exercises in much of what is called the BT, and I will tell you that you have probably never witnessed anything like some of the freak storms that can appear out of nowhere a few hundred miles off the FL. coast. They are wild, electric and have a magnetic influence that you just have to experience.

What goes on out there is not methane, just ask the Navy. I would be interested if others who have a lot of flight time down there, would chime in and coo-berate what I am saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join