It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats will come to rue Clinton over Sanders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm seeing a lot of assumptions already that Bernie supporters will vote for Hillary. She may well win, but it will be because more came out to vote for her than for Romney -I mean- Trump. If Bernie were to get the nomination, I believe most Democrats AND most non-Dem (or at least newly-Dem/new voters) who support Bernie would come out to vote, leading to heavy landslides for Dems in Congress.

I hope it happens. The chance of unnecessary Watts would be drastically reduced, and the ACA could likely be fixed into true money-saving, high performing, single-payer healthcare instead of just another big giveaway to Big Insurance/Big Pharma.

Also, it would be fun to see the possible refusal to consider Obama's SCOTUS nominee backfire into a raging liberal nominee under a Triple-(D) DC.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is no lesser nor greater evil between the two parties. That is why the rule does not apply to U.S. presidential elections.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think Bernie should start a rumor that he will support Trump if Hillary gets the delegates.

That will shake up lots of people.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Hillary would make that maniac from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" crap his pants.
edit on 16-3-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Thank goodness there's still some sanity left around here

There's a reason right wingers cheer every time a Bernie supporter comes out and says they won't vote for Hillary

Its stupid to cut off your nose to spite your face, at worst Hillary would be another Obama and she would nominate another Breyer or Ginsburg to the supreme court

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's early. By July, the narrative will show Hillary to be a lioness who braved the evils of political Washington to battle for the little people who all love and adore her.

And that Trump hates women. All women.

Why wait until July, when you're already pushing that narrative yourself?

Trump hates all women? Said first by yourself, no one else.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

It's early. By July, the narrative will show Hillary to be a lioness who braved the evils of political Washington to battle for the little people who all love and adore her.

Oh crap.

I just started a meme.

Don't I get a prize or a gift certificate to Applebees or something?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Oh crap.

I just started a meme.

Don't I get a prize or a gift certificate to Applebees or something?

If you do get a gift certificate to Applebee's, I get half off of it.

Because equality.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

LOL...That's twice in this thread you said: "right wingers cheer every time a Bernie supporter comes out and says they won't vote for Hillary".
Why would you care if they cheer or don't? Right wingers must really occupy space in your head.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

LOL...That's twice in this thread you said: "right wingers cheer every time a Bernie supporter comes out and says they won't vote for Hillary".
Why would you care if they cheer or don't? Right wingers must really occupy space in your head.

Yeah okay

I'm just stating the obvious. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that voter apathy makes the Republicans thrive.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He doesn't want to be VP.
He says he's in it to win POTUS.

She says 'let's not get ahead of ourselves' in terms of naming him VP.

We still have some road ahead of us.
At the very least, he will stay in until the convention. Meanwhile, he will keep pushing her towards the left. Which is good.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I think it's great that so many here have maintained a certain standard.

But my cynical side whispers in my ear and says that too many will vote for Hillary because she will be the best chance to continue a progressive agenda.

I think you're confusing dogmatic adherence to ideology for standards. There is no overarching progressive agenda because actual progressivism is far more methodology than ideology. Fundamentally, progressivism is about applying scientific methods, knowledge and expertise to improve society because we have the ability to do so. It's inherently non-dogmatic.
edit on 2016-3-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I'm seeing a lot of assumptions already that Bernie supporters will vote for Hillary.

And I'm hearing and seeing a lot projections that they won't.

What are your go-to sources?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I cannot in good conscience vote for Trump or Hillary, the are so far from the ideals and value that I have that I think I would shoot myself in the voting both if I pushed the button for either one of them.

I am just going to write in Thomas Jefferson in the hopes that he comes back as an undead, vengeful zombie and infects everyone in DC with his skin-breaking bites of freedom.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Then for those that adhere to a progressive approach, Hillary would be the obvious choice, yes?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: CaDreamer

He floated Oprah's name in 2000 and in this race. He also floated Palin. He'll pick someone who will be an anchor to his campaign.

Maybe just an idea: "The Titanic".
edit on 16-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Bernie supporters will vote for Hillary and tell themselves they refuse cut their noses off to spite their faces.

A cliché will be enough to get them to vote for Hillary.

Errrmmm...
No.

It won't, and they won't.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I admit it, I lol'd.

The majority is not aligned with Bernie's message. The majority of people in the far liberal echo chamber are aligned with Bernie's message.

That is why he will lose.

But by all means, don't vote for Hillary. We can align on that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I cannot in good conscience vote for Trump or Hillary, the are so far from the ideals and value that I have that I think I would shoot myself in the voting both if I pushed the button for either one of them.

I am just going to write in Thomas Jefferson in the hopes that he comes back as an undead, vengeful zombie and infects everyone in DC with his skin-breaking bites of freedom.

I think it was Trace Atkins who wrote, "Skin-breaking bites of freedom" for his 2014 Zombies for Jesus World Tour.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: dogstar23

I'm seeing a lot of assumptions already that Bernie supporters will vote for Hillary.

And I'm hearing and seeing a lot projections that they won't.

What are your go-to sources?

Probably a similar percentage to conservative that won't vote for a GOP brokered nominee.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join