It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats will come to rue Clinton over Sanders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Our nominee is a disaster: Time may be running out, but Democrats will come to rue Clinton over Sanders
The subtitle is: Why there's no chance in hell I'm voting for Hillary — and you shouldn't either

Democrats should remember that 33% of Bernie Sanders voters will refuse to vote for Clinton in November, if she becomes nominee.

As stated by The Wall Street Journal, there are a great many Bernie Sanders supporters like myself:

A new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll indicates one third of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders’ supporters cannot see themselves voting for Hillary Clinton in November. This could spell trouble for Clinton who will likely need Sanders’ backers in order to win the White House.

Folks, you really need to think about this....

Bill Kristol and other neoconservatives would rather see Hillary Clinton in the White House than Trump, so while I’ll never vote for Trump, I’ll never vote for a Democrat with a neoconservative foreign policy.

I explained last year during an appearance on MSNBC that Republicans want another ground war, and I know very well that Hillary Clinton will give them their wish.

Of course, IED’s and perpetual wars that we send American soldiers to fight don’t bother certain Democrats. Sadly, most Democrats don’t care about how Hillary Clinton plans to utilize the AUMF, and certainly don’t comprehend the ramifications of merging both political parties into one on matters of war and foreign policy.

Please view the link for links to the outside references they include.

Here's the thing: Bernie's message is yuge

and most people are aligned with it.

Don't think for one minute that if the Hillster 'wins' the nomination, that Sanders' supporters will support her.
This is truly very exciting.

Are you guys paying attention to the actually intelligent commentaries, summaries, etc (which means NewsMax, Fox News, WND, TheBlaze, Limbaugh, etc etc ad nauseum DON'T COUNT!) - the more not-leaning outlets????

Or not?

I thought our group here was able to weigh all evidence and discern between glaring partisanship and 'journalism' as opposed to nonsense sensationalism. I look at those fave sites of yours, too - and also the left-leaning sites. I do my utmost to hear both sides, and discern a middle ground of rationality. Perhaps I am wrong. And don't even try to tell me that listening to your right-wing blowhards is a better option. please.
Please.

So ........
How many of you are actually paying balanced attention, opening your minds to be able to hear the other side, and making value judgments despite your leanings?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hillary won the popular vote, in 2008. Her supporters were resolved to not vote for Obama because the DNC gave Obama 600,000 of Hillary's votes in Michigan.

Worse, Obama sent attorneys to the DNC's rules and bylaws committee to argue AGAINST counting ANY of the votes cast in Michigan and Florida...and yet he was somehow elected POTUS anyway.

Democrats will toe the party line like mindless sheep headed to the slaughter. They've been programmed to hate republicans and prioritize that hate above self-respect.

edit on 16-3-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Beyond sad to anticipate the probability of two final candidates we would have to vote for next fall: Trump vs Clinton. Both liars, sociopaths, and cheats. But as this topic is about Clinton, she is directly responsible for not only the failures in Bengazi but for the breakdown of Honduras. As Secretary of State she not on;y supported the military coup which overthrew a democratically elected leaders, she ignored the pleas of the majority population who begged the U.S. to come to their aid. Yet another failed regime change. And she has the nerve to deny refugee children from Honduras to any assistance. Despicable.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree with this sentiment as I am an independent whose vote would have gone to Ron Paul in the previous election and will go towards Sanders when I am given the chance.

I will never vote for the war mongering psychopath known to the world as Hillary. I will simply not vote.

The statement that a ground invasion will occur under her watch is well worth considering and being worried about.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Totally in agreement.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Same here! I had a Ron Paul sign in my yard until he dropped out.....
I have a Bernie sign there now.

I won't vote for Hillary...I'll write in Bernie instead.

edit on 3/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It's early. By July, the narrative will show Hillary to be a lioness who braved the evils of political Washington to battle for the little people who all love and adore her.

And that Trump hates women. All women.
edit on 16-3-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
H A Goodman is a joke and there's a reason why his articles are even banned in Sanders' sub reddit

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hopefully Bernie will run independent & you won't have to. If he doesn't, I hope there is a huge "write in Bernie" campaign. I fear we are in for a Hillary presidency & the America will follow her into world war 3 far easier than they would trump.
edit on 16-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman

Hopefully Bernie will run independent & you won't have to. If he doesn't, I hope there is a huge "write in Bernie" campaign. I fear we are in for a Hillary presidency & the America will follow her into world war 3 far easier than they would trump.

I am with you all day on that one!

I wrote a thread with my prediction of a 4 party election this year, Sanders, Trump, Hillary and Cruz

I am absolutely terrified of Hillary for the same reason you have listed. What scares me even more is that I believe Trump is working for her and the true elite to "give the people their victory, as they stopped Trump" all the while pushing the social divide to the next level.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

But, Buzzy,...How many of you say you'll consider voting for Hillary if she picks him as V.P.?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

same here if hillary wins the pick i will write in bernie too. i cant vote for someone as flawed as her. makes me really sad actually, i really want to give a woman my vote. she however isnt worthy imho

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

But, Buzzy,...How many of you say you'll consider voting for Hillary if she picks him as V.P.?

nope no way no how ....unless she has terminal cancer

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
only reason i want trump to stay in is i have a seriously morbid fascination with wondering who he is going to pick for his vp

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Or if Hillary picks anyone, really. Bernie supporters will vote for Hillary and tell themselves they refuse cut their noses off to spite their faces.

A cliché will be enough to get them to vote for Hillary.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

He floated Oprah's name in 2000 and in this race. He also floated Palin. He'll pick someone who will be an anchor to his campaign.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think it's great that so many here have maintained a certain standard.

But my cynical side whispers in my ear and says that too many will vote for Hillary because she will be the best chance to continue a progressive agenda.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

trump/oprah that could be scary....i wonder if she would say yes....

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Not voting for Clinton in the general election isn't going to make the Democrats *poof* move to the left. If anything, it will push them further to the right as they chase votes going to the GOP.

Meanwhile, what will Trump will do in office? Perhaps he decides to make nice with the GOP establishment. Then what? What kind of SCOTUS appointments might we be stuck with for possibly an entire generation?

Do people not understand wtf could be at stake here? How horribly bad that could be?

Hillary is going to lead us into a ground war? Does anyone really believe that Trump's foreign policy would be better? How about his diplomacy? How much bullying before we're embroiled in conflicts we're not even considering at this point?

His stated domestic policy positions are the worst of the bunch. Even if he can't achieve a fraction of what he claims, how would Hillary have been worse?

What if Cruz ends up winning the nomination through some unexpected turn of events? He's an evangelical of the stone-the-gays variety would might just be crazy enough to try to fulfill some warped biblical prophecy. The guy has been indoctrinated from birth to believe that he is on a mission from God to take control of society.

The only Republican I would consider voting for over either Democrat is Kasich because he at least appears to have a conscience and a willingness to act in the interest of people.

Nobody likes being in the position of voting for the lesser of two evils but there's a reason why the principle exists. Absent a viable long term strategic advantage (which Goodman didn't make an actual case for), it's clearly better to get more of what you want and less of what you don't even if it's by the slimmest margin. Let's not forget that Clinton will at least have to maintain the appearance of advancing Leftist goals.

I'd feel less dirty voting for Bernie in the general election but I'm a pragmatist. That's something sorely lacking on the Left.
edit on 2016-3-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Right wingers cheer every time a Bernie supporter comes out and says that they won't vote for Hillary.

Because Hillary makes right wingers crap their pants, it's not about maintaining standards after all the Right is on path to nominating an egotistical balloon full of hot air
edit on 16-3-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join