It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should anyone be afraid of Dying?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of death; I'm just afraid of pain.

that, and 1 line posts.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

My view on this.

As a youngster life is at our feet, so much plans, so much dreams to realize, make them a tangible reality, every direction is possible.
We are in the strength of our life and feel indestructible.
Our parents seem less smart compared to us who have no problems with technological advancement and trend.
What the youngster does not realize however is how little he knows, how naïve he is at his young age with little life wisdom, just a fool who is ready to start his own journey through life.

Death is the least of their worries, but the thought of it is quite scary, luckily for them, they are still young and in the prime of their lives unlike the elders.

But the winds of change does not leave them untouched, one day they'll be the parents, wind blew them closer towards death, some loved ones are already buried.
The realisation grows that dying is as much an essential part of physical life as being born.
It is the only certainty in our life, one day we will die.

The elders are in the fall of their lives, the body is aged and worn.
They might have outlived their family and friends, the new generation only visits ones a month or so, they are quite occupied with their career and making money.
Sometimes elders are found months or even years after they died.

I've seen so many tears and grief while talking to elders in the old people home.
Silent tears every sunday, grief in loneliness because yet another week passed by without a visit from their loved ones.
They be visiting graves of family and friends throughout the year while awaiting their own death.

One cannot simply rely on organized beliefs such as christianity or islam or ...............
Religion is a individual journey through the spiritual realm.
But i tend to agree that death is but a doorway, in my view a passage to life, actually being alive.
The reincarnation which is a rebirth in the divine, but during this physical life, not after physical death.

Unto this day, in Europe we welcome the deads and the gods when the gates from the underworld and upper world open up to our world, truly magical time of the year

This tradition carries the symbolism of transformation (rebirth) so it will not be lost.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: redempsh
I'm not afraid of death; I'm just afraid of pain. that, and 1 line posts.

Get over the fear or you will experience a very painful death.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

One way of relating is that death opens the opportunity for another life, even in respect to the idea that we are the result of a random event. Our comprehension of the result of this Universe being created randomly; actually presents in relation to probability and the time scales involved, that what we are made of will be alive again and again and so on.

The issue that separates Atheism in this regard in relation to theism is a temporal matter.

in context time as we understand it is relative.

edit on 16-3-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
How about a music break...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-3-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

If you are suggesting that if someone doesn't want to get up and sing in front of everyone during karaoke, or if someone doesn't want to experience kingda ka, that they aren't living, then I think you're kind of stretching it and I call BULLSH-T.

When you fear death, you look both ways before you cross the street. POSITIVE.
When you fear death, you wash your hands before you eat and you cook your food. POSITIVE.
When you fear death, you just do things to prevent illness and imminent death from happening.
IT'S ALL POSITIVE.

Can you give me an example... that isn't BS, and that doesn't have to do with a traumatized individual, of which fearing death becomes negative? I'd like to hear it. I guess one could say that when you wash your hands, you are in fact preventing fear, and shedding and erasing fear... but without the fear present to begin with people would be doing all kinds of crazy sh-t and idk if humanity would have made it this far. Maybe I'm being too literal about this.

Fear of death could be negative if someone's mind is preoccupied with that fear to the point of causing anxiety. Which could lead to more fear and anxieties and rob them of quality of life.

Fearing death could also be positive for the reasons you mentioned but also I think fearing death could indicate you are enjoying life.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

But ya, screw karaoke

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

yeah. It was a joke. I'm old, and suffer from disease common to old men.

I will quite possibly experience a very painful death regardless of my personal emotional hang-ups.

I accept that truth; after all, there are things worse than either pain and death.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You realise you have done nothing with your life

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well I'd like to just thank you for complimenting my picture. Unsure about the fear of what would happen part but I'll take the compliment so thank you.

I think we should all strive to communicate more clearly, as well. It's always something we could be working on, yeah?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

You've just semi described a traumatized individual("if someone's mind is preoccupied with that fear to the point of causing anxiety"), and we certainly can't blame them for the trauma. I wouldn't, anyway. You can if you want to! I'd disagree.

But yeah you're making sense, so I'm a fan of your outloud thoughts.

I've only done karaoke after a few drinks... and only when someone else shares the mic; at least one other person but there's been as many as a handful of us in my younger years getting up and humping one another while we really badly sing and apologize for one another's behaviors before, during, and after the song. It's a blast, and we've all survived the embarrassment. But alas, it doesn't add or detract from quality of life. I wouldn't say so, anyway. So yeah, eff it!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The fear of not knowing what comes afterwards and having to never see you loved ones again, but there's not much point in fighting the inevitable

edit on 17-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've known a lot of people and animals in my life, and the longer I live, the more of them I see die. I understand that it's an inevitable process, and I accept it.

I don't feel fear of death so much anymore, but I do feel a kind of sadness that there really doesn't seem to be a grander point to life, and even though all our efforts eventually mean nothing, I regret that someday I won't be able to do the job anymore. I won't be able to help anymore, even though I know that the people I help will themselves also eventually die, so it all adds up to nothing.

It's a paradox, I suppose, fueled by the conflict between rational thought and instinct. Religious people have their faith to distract them from this realization, and maybe they're happier, but a lot of religion also comes with fear of judgment, so in the end it's probably all a wash.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

if that a pic of you then you are a lovely woman.

I was suggesting more along the lines that in any endeavor there is always some anxiety.

What I am presenting is that despite beliefs death is an avenue to life.

Nihilism though a philosophy offered is unrelated to life as we know it to be today.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
originally posted by: redempsh

redmpsh: yeah. It was a joke. I'm old, and suffer from disease common to old men.
I will quite possibly experience a very painful death regardless of my personal emotional hang-ups.
I accept that truth; after all, there are things worse than either pain and death.

Starvation and poverty would be 'large'; and one accepts that existence upon incarnation. Certain spirits need to experience this to allow for soul personality growth. There are no fouls here. One cannot be so charitable for those souls seeking this experience otherwise it is inadvertently undermined by others causing the process to start all over again (do you know how hard it is to obtain a body now). The lines are very long for first timers; they are ones that volunteer to be Aids, murdered in genocide victims, Sids babies. First dibs come from families that have been in existence for many generations; as they come back to animate the children of those families.
edit on 17-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Yes karma will occur for everyone regardless of their religion. Murderers will face much pain in an underworld until their karma debt is spent. The greedy much temptation but will never be able to feel, taste or touch. The good among us will live in a higher world but will eventually fall back to a lower world. Only on this plane have we a chance of escaping rebirth.

This is correct. Some would say they never realized how "sticky" this Karmic aspect is/was; and be forever trapped reliving or correcting past life digressions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join