It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should anyone be afraid of Dying?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Understandably dying before one reaches old age is a problem......but death is inevitable so why be afraid of it????

Much of the fear is from the knowledge that loved ones will be in pain at our loss. it is the leaving them alone or being left alone that is difficult.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Akragon
There are many people who are ready to die for a cause and yes they will feel pain should that happen to them.

Terrorists? They signed up for the suicide before born (taking other lives with them). Who is promoting/recruiting these souls in the ethereal (mining souls) to manifest and then exact a carnage/chaos on Earth?
edit on 16-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am making an oversimplification since not all bodies are the same and not all souls are the same so take my writing with a bit of skepticism.

Because the body is programmed to fear death and normally the body influences the consciousness?

The amygdala from my point of view normally makes the body shiver in fear when encountering death possibility even if the consciousness can be totally in control over fear that can be a disconnect between consciousness and body. If this continue long enough the body can experience amygdala fear overload that will drastically change the bodies reward system and can create an extreme sense of calm. Different third eye activation is also a possible side effect.

Another method of reaching calmness would be for instance meditation/prayer that might give the energetic body state awareness.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

A point I am making is that even in Atheism the materials that make up our bodies, eventually could make other people.

Made of exactly the same material we are made of and due to the issue of probability.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I had an uncle who during the Vietnam war thru himself upon a hand grenade to save his buddies.

They are actually eating at the time and were around a campfire as it was winter.

He did not sign up to die but one day he decided to die for a cause.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Thank you for sharing this song. A sweet lullaby to take the edge off any negatives.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Kahail: I had an uncle who during the Vietnam war thru himself upon a hand grenade to save his buddies.
They are actually eating at the time and were around a campfire as it was winter. He did not sign up to die but one day he decided to die for a cause.

He may not have realized it at the time; but understand me, he IS fine with the circumstance of his demise (there is always the problem of relatives not understanding time and place). God bless him and his service. My father died very early (a career Air Force Colonel retired) at age 75.

edit on 16-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Death terrifies me. I WANNA LIVE!

Now, having said that... I actually laid on my deathbed, once.

And death was the warmest, coziest embrace I ever did experience. I knew that I was dying and there was absolutely no fear at all. I immediately accepted the situation and the peace that consumed me was indescribable. But, I was nursed back to life over a period of three days in the ER... luckily for all of you! And me, too, as... once my body began to live again, when it knew that it could survive, the fear of death and a raging survival instinct like I had NEVER experienced prior actually possessed me with an intensity that was equally indescribable. It was the spark that ignited a new fire in my heart, so that now I absolutely fear death. And I never want to end up in the hospital again and I'll do everything in my power to prevent that...

In addition to the contrary nature of everything I just confessed, I know for myself that everything I have just said is true. It's all very confusing sometimes. But I do suspect that when we are on our deathbeds... we only know peace. There must be some point at which the body knows there is no return.. and there's no fighting anything into the night. It's just sweet and total submission. But outside of that situation I think we all fear death as long as we are living, because the body wants to keep living. And none of us really have a choice about the matter. Because it's how we're wired. We are biological robots. We are our bodies no matter what lofty claims anyone has for us. Because humanity is just a bajillion flames flickering against the wind; fighting to stay alit in the dark cold of night, and it fights by passing itself on from one body to another when it's at it's strongest... and that's how we roll.

REALLY. POOP. That's just my really wise but really female take on it all because the thread always needs at least one really wise female contributor. Just sayin.

Lemonade, anyone?
edit on 16-3-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I believe it is a fear of Non existence...

Something that we can't even attempt to contemplate...

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

― Mark Twain

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

In my experience death Is something to avoid but in time it becomes inevitable and as such death is a part of life,

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Pain would be MY answer.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Actually I am very proud of him but I also understand that so were the descendants of those who were responsible for killing him.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Many who contemplate the fear possibly are concerned with being immediately detached from their love ones and not leaving them well off or in a stable social financial condition.
Others may be concerned with not remembering their past lives or being fully aware of what may happen to them during transition...

The concerns are logical overall

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

originally posted by: Akragon

I believe it is a fear of Non existence...

Something that we can't even attempt to contemplate...

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”― Mark Twain

Mark Twain Weck/or Mark Train Wreck is my favorite pundit of ALL TIME (he describes my MOOD minute to minute). Thanks for the quote Glend.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Herr is the thing major religions throughout the world make clear that death is but a doorway or a veil that, keeps us whole after life.

Buddhism see's life and thus reincarnation as suffering. So they are more concerned in trying to escape rebirth (continued suffering) than escaping death.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Actually I am very proud of him but I also understand that so were the descendants of those who were responsible for killing him.

Perhaps a vendetta was played out here; reincarnation is tricky.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Nonetheless most people engage in behavior the contradict life. Such as drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and so on. We risk our lives in all sorts of ways and then relish in having survived.

Fear causes metabolic reactions that many crave to an extent.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I think that has to do with people not dealing with immediate consequences, so they don't actually know that what they're doing is harmful... until it's a little too late, for them. But not for us.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

In context perhaps he was the one wronged at this time.

As is often related at present there are those who will run away from a fire and there are those who run towards it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join