It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What pisses you off randomly and WHY?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Awesome list, Brit.

If I were single.........we'd make a great team!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Awesome list, Brit.

If I were single.........we'd make a great team!

Monogamy is soooooo last century dude.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have one thing that doesn't really make me lose it, but really annoys me.

When a person starts a conversation with:
"Have you seen/read that /movie/book, oh I can't remember the title, the one where Johnny kills his best friend in the end and he swims across the lake and is never seen again Oh, wait! It's called Johnny and the green lake!?"

Me: Well, no , I haven't but now that you've told me the ending, I guess I won't need to see/read it, thanks a**hat.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Harut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Loud chewing. Can't stand it.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

I have learned to control it specially when dealing with people from other cultures and upbringing.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harut
I have one thing that doesn't really make me lose it, but really annoys me.

When a person starts a conversation with:
"Have you seen/read that /movie/book, oh I can't remember the title, the one where Johnny kills his best friend in the end and he swims across the lake and is never seen again Oh, wait! It's called Johnny and the green lake!?"

Me: Well, no , I haven't but now that you've told me the ending, I guess I won't need to see/read it, thanks a**hat.

I had that with an ex and the Film "the sixth sense"

She said "Oh my god there is this amazing film about a guy that does not know he is dead and you do not find out that he's been dead all along until the end"

And then she made me watch the movie.....

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hate it when I'm carrying something and somebody blocks my way. I hate it because my hands let go of things and the longer it takes to get where I'm going, the more chance of dropping what I'm carrying.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

What pisses you off randomly and WHY?

We live in an age where a great number seem to think they have all the answers and that anyone who doesn't follow, is wrong, but also doesn't deserve the right to existence.

Arrogance. Ego. Ignorant self focus.
Call it what you will... it ain't healthy but it's not the first time it has made the rounds.

Live and let live. Try that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
People that let their dogs to bark outside incessantly all night long when neighbors live in close proximity

Or

people who let their children run amok, and allow their children to be completely rude, argumentative or demanding to other people without any discipline whatsoever. Not cool!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm a middle aged white male. According to all cutting edge science and historical precedent, it's much easier for me to list the things that do not piss me off than to try and catalogue what does.

Todays rage based initiative for me is Nvidia, Intel and computer hardware in general... All I want is a stable, fairly high end machine. I'm budget conscious and take great pride in getting good deals, so my natural tech equilibrium usually puts me a step or two from "cutting edge" or "top of the line"... But, again, I pride myself on being a smart consumer and am always happy whenever I can wrangle my way above those standards. And I often do...

But... it works kind of like this: Hey, awesome! I just found the highest end ____ for like 70% off! This rocks! OK, clicking order! I am so stoked! It's MINE! All MINE! Now, with that ordered I think I'll read the news... Oh, hey check this article out... Oh... so that thing I just ordered is now obsolete....DAMN IT!"

Yes. First world problems to be sure. But still.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The rage should be self explanatory.

-People who say triggered (*glare*)

-People who start sentences with "As a _____". Can't freaking stand it. It is especially irksome when it's used wrong. Here are some examples:

As a teacher. No, kids are not all dumb.
As an electrician.....I like Oprah.

Often it seems like the thing you are isn't even relative to the conversation. It's three freaking dots followed by a space, not five, not 20, not two.

-People who say irregardless. I don't care if it's commonly used and in the dictionary, you're wrong, and you look like an idiot.

-People who say "Winner winner chicken dinner".

-People who confuse there, their, and they're or affect and effect. I am incredibly guilty of this and it irritates me about myself. There's another one that I can never get right, and I always feel like a complete dumbass.

-Smug atheists and religious people.

-People who do the speed limit in the left lane. Not just on the freeway either.

-People who scream nice car while I'm driving, it scares the crap out of me. Not a humble brag, it happens and it pisses me off.

-Honking horns on radio station ads, again, scares the crap out of me sometimes.

-People who pet my dog without asking, or even worse give him a treat.

-Opening a can and having the lid drop in

-Unexpected girlfriend hair in buttcrack

-Parents that let their kids act like assjugglers in public places

-Olive Garden (it's just terrible)

-Itchy feet at night

-"Harder", makes me feel like Scotty from Star Trek

-My penis when it overrides my brain

-The fact that I can't microwave metal (without issues)

-When the person cutting my hair tries to hand me the mirror to look at the back of my head (IDGAF, I've finally started refusing it)

-Contact lenses

-Dave Mathew's Band

-Getting hay down the back of my shirt

-Getting a raindrop down the back of my shirt

-People that get smug about the OS they use/people who say OS

-Facebook and conversations about it

-Zaphod58 and his teases

-Running out of steam airing my grievances

ETA: The misuse of the word ignorance.

edit on 1720160320161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My mom will put salt on everything. This is why I can't cook for her anymore. She'll salt something like chicken and artichokes in a pesto-cream sauce over ziti which is just insulting AND she uses crappy salt. She would even salt something I had already done so, using really good salt.

So, yeah, I get what you are saying.

Also, people who don't seem to know the difference between lose and loose, which seems to be most of the internet. I'm not sure what the heck is so hard but whatever.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Getting woke up! I'm an insomniac so when I finally get to sleep I like to stay that way until I naturally wake up. I'm also a very light sleeper. The tiniest noise wakes me. My problem lately has been somebody's TV turned up. It messes with my dreams and wakes me up every time. Somebody is going to get a dead stink bug in his room. Ever smell one? Horrible.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What's wrong with hooking them to a car battery? It's more fun watching them jump and dance.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My neighbours pigs won't make friends with me !?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You are a sweet lady Buzzy.

Your significant other is significantly lucky!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh, I would LOVE to see what Augustus Masonicus would make of my mayonnaise habit. I put it on every damn thing other than dessert foods.

Roast dinners, pasta, breakfast lunch and dinner... It matters not. Everything is improved with a little Hellmanns in the mix!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
If I were single.........

Ahem.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I have an addition to my list:

The kind of douchebag who believes that my opinion on one topic has any bearing on my opinion on another, and seeks in every interaction I have with them, to refer to my opinion on matters of sexuality, and making everything personal, rather than staying on topic. That guy, group of guys, those people....that pisses me off grandly.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have an addition to my list:

The kind of douchebag who believes that my opinion on one topic has any bearing on my opinion on another, and seeks in every interaction I have with them, to refer to my opinion on matters of sexuality, and making everything personal, rather than staying on topic. That guy, group of guys, those people....that pisses me off grandly.

I have a few people like that, you disagree in one topic and the next thing you know they are coming at you from all angles all over the boards.

I am quite happy to be in total disagreement with someone on one topic and absolute agreement with them on another simultaneously.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Those kinds of people should be beaten with clubs about the head and neck until near dead.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join