It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalamazoo Shooter Blames Uber, Files Suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The man charged with killing 6 people and wounding 2 in a shooting spree is now claiming that "Uber ruined my life". Jason Dalton, currently in jail awaiting trial on 6 counts of murder, blames the company for "psychological distress" and for his divorce and has filed a suit for $10 million dollars. This turd is like so many other criminals that want to lay responsibility for heinous crimes at the feet of others instead of himself.

Dalton also said in his complaint filed with the court that, “I am currently in prison because of Uber. My life is ruined because of Uber. My wife is divorcing me because of Uber. I am seeking $10 million in punitive damages and Emotional distress. I have psychological distress because of Uber.”

Sounds to me like his wife realized what a monster she was wed to, and rightly wanted out. Dalton ranted further:

“This company is a hostile workplace environment. I am tired of being treated by (sic) second class citizen by Uber. Uber discriminates against my mental health.”

The company responded with a statement of their own:

In a prepared statement, the company said: "It's hard to know how to respond to someone who refuses to take responsibility for his own actions. Our hearts go out to victims' families who have to live with the consequences of his terrible crimes."

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out, but Dalton might be a little busy at his trial for the murders to put a lot of effort seeking compensation from Uber.
www.usatoday.com...
edit on 0032016402016-03-16T18:05:40-05:0020163pm400605 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

edit on 0042016012016-03-16T18:06:01-05:0020163pm010606 by Boscowashisnamo because: no reason given.

edit on 0042016252016-03-16T18:06:25-05:0020163pm250606 by Boscowashisnamo because: oops.

edit on 0052016292016-03-16T18:07:29-05:0020163pm290607 by Boscowashisnamo because: OOps!

edit on 0112016162016-03-16T18:16:16-05:0020163pm160616 by Boscowashisnamo because: none give, again.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

He should blame Judas Priest and Heavy Metal music or maybe not because that has been done before. The words 'Frivolous Lawsuit' come to mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This! This story is what is wrong with the the USA and our Justice system.
This guy was caught and arrested for crimes against humanity and he is blaming a app?

And a attorney has the gaul to even file this suit?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

He should blame Judas Priest and Heavy Metal music or maybe not because that has been done before. The words 'Frivolous Lawsuit' come to mind.

Me and 99.9999% of the population has been pissed at employers, yet we don't randomly go out and kill people as a result. This nutjob is a DB of the first order, and attempting to divert blame to others for his actions. That makes him even DBier, if thats possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I cant stand this victim mindstate. Idiots can never take responsibility for their actions. Its always everyone elses fault as to why this or that happened.
my ex wife is the same way. She sleeps till noon everyday so her kids school called childrens services on her because her kids are always late.
Well its the schools fault that child services is now at her door step.
These weasels can never accept that they are in control of their own lives.
Like theres someone behind a desk somewere with a master list of peoples names that they are set out to ruin their lives. ...
End my rant.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I agree that this is a very frivolous law suit, but im really interested in seeing his evidence if he has any.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's what he was telling the cops.. s.mlive.com...
Hell of a story...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingKelson
I agree that this is a very frivolous law suit, but im really interested in seeing his evidence if he has any.

What evidence does the shooter have other than "they didn't invite me to parties, no Christmas bonus and they treat drivers like crap"? Most of his claims are BS whining that will get this lawsuit tossed without merit. If, by a long-shot, the lawsuit were to make it to trial karma would best be enacted if the jury was comprised mostly of his victims family members.

This sniveling turd is trying to justify gunning down random people, instead of looking in the mirror for the cause.
Rant off.

new topics

top topics

join