It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Souls 3 comming soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A few things:

The game is out in Japan:
You can make a Japanese psn account and buy it, you will play on any part of the world in Japanese text and English audio.

You can do the same on Xbox one, except after you buy it in Japan and finish downloading in your local region the text will be in your language (at least French and English), you will play offline.

Bandai gave a bunch of free pc copies to streamers so they are playing now, on pc, in English, with servers and all...

Basically, the game has been released, unless you are one of those second class citizens that actually pay for the game and have to wait 3 more weeks, RAGE!!!

So if the game is all done, why is available in Japan and not the rest of the world yet? Japan distributor is from software, rest of the world bandai namco, namco pushed back the game 3 weeks so they could put the sales on the new fiscal quarter to inflate their numbers...

edit on 23-3-2016 by Indigent because: I'm pbay this when is available...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
Don't even know if that is pretty hefty for PC standards because I have not bothered with PC games in a while. Seems pretty standard requirements for now a days, at least to me.

Besides, will be playing this on the PS4, its what I got it for. Oh ya and I feel ya on the release dates, the game should be out right now in the US as well, plenty of people seemed to have it. Got on youtube and there are like at least 4 random people which youtube liked me who are playing and streaming there gameplay from there so called "early" copy they received, they all have hours and hours of gameplay in on there channels already.

Its hard to not click on some of those vids, no doubt spoilers a plenty. But so far I have managed it. Then again, 3 weeks is a long time, a lot can happen in 3 weeks. Or not, plenty of other things to keep oneself occupied till then.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've watched some people play it on twitch, mostly ManVsGame, and so far it looks like everything I was hoping it would be. The general consensus is that it's a healthy mix of DS 1 and Bloodborne, which I think is the perfect mix.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Some games get released in Japan years before they hit stateside, if ever. Can't say it's something worth complaining about. We will all have joy soon, even if it is 3 weeks away. Praise the sun!

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

game is preloading now, 17.2gb ill let you know the 12 if my 560ti runs it, dont go hollow

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Dammit! I am about ready to smash things.

Poor Ben, he will now be the subject of many a meme, even though he did make a great Batman.

But anyways, it was a mistake to release the game early to some, every time I go to youtube it keeps linking me vids with the tittles like. "New game plus + run" Or, "all boss armors exhibition" Or, "all weapon and spell showcase" Or, "final boss and end game" literally whole game run vids. It's dam hard not to click on them because of spoilers. That and some people have to much time on there hands to have completely beat a game more then once and post vids about it.

About a week to go or 4 days to be exact before release here in the states and worldwide I think. I'ts a pain in the gluteus maximus waiting these few short days for this game to come out. However I did watch a few vids, no spoilers mostly a few demonstration vids of the combat system changes they did, that and just peoples PVPs or invasions.

Like this one, no spoilers, they changed a bit some of the parry mechanics a lot, that and I think they removed armor restrictions a lot to make the game a bit faster, making armor pretty much even more just for show now it seems as I think you cant upgrade them as well. Parries are a lot more effective and easy to do this time around, you seem to be able to parry pretty much every weapon now as well, but you also seem to take more damage on contact so in a way making it more risky.

Also these guys are having way to much fun with there invasions and PVP, but its pretty much the only thing, or vids I can watch online or youtube that does not have massive spoiler in them.

edit on 3amSaturdayam092016f6amSat, 09 Apr 2016 03:25:32 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Game is running poorly in pc, my 560ti sli runs it but so low fps I cannot play online, (did play 3 hours and killed 3 boss)

This is not only me, plenty of people with superior rigs have more issues, not only poor fps.

There is reports soon patch 1.1 will arrive with performance improvements.

No sun praising for me

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Just spent five hours playing ds3. Awesome!! Mechanics seem a little more fluid so far. I like it better than two. It had my heart racing a few times!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Its a good game so far. Best of the series, will not have the same effect it had as say Demons Souls had. But that is because its been done before and losses some of its mystery and mystique of when I first played the game. There is also a lot of fan service in this game.

Not only old returning and reacquiring items, or characters. But some of the parts of the game and scenes are taken straight out of the first game, ie Demons Souls, scenes like the 2 dragons blocking the way to the castle and breathing fire which you got to get past, and a bunch of others. There were a lot of parts were I was playing it and going "wait a minute, I know this place" They did not bring back solaire but they brought back ol onion knight bro, that was a surprise when I saw him the first time.

They made everything more simple or more accessible. But its still a fun game, so far I got like 20 hours in it and there is still a lot to do and see, I mostly spent the majority of that time messing with the charter creator, because the first challenge of the game is to try and use there weird and bizarre charter creator and make somebody that does not look like they came from the circus or another planet, in fact probably the hardest challenge of the game right there.

That and trying to fight the dancer of the boreal valley while level 30 or so early game when I found out that you could fight her early game. Must have dies at least 20 times before I tried again latter when a higher level and more geared up, dont have the patience anymore to try that, or solo most bosses.

Its fun, but to time consuming, besides co-op is were its at, the game would be a lot less fun without invasions or invading people.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I let sword master kill her at lvl 10

I already did everything and pvp is not fun in this game, also i have encounter lots of hackers on pc

The Blades of the Darkmoon have like the top 1k people all cheaters with all stats at 99 at lvl 100 with 100% damage absorption

In hindsight DS2 was the best for pvpers, i don't think ill be getting the dlc for this game

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I found out about that glitch or not so glitch later. I even made a new charter to try it out, as I generally tend to make at least 2 or more charters I just had to try it out, that and that boss soul glitch. So ya I made a new charter and did the whole sword master NPC glitch.

It worked, though even that took more then a few tries. Pretty much every charter I made in these games was always the lowest class..ie the deprived charter class, mainly because it starts with nothing your literally running around in your underwear, but it has the highest overall starting stats for the level you start at, it just means that when you level up later your stats will be a bit higher then if you started as another class level per level.

I basically just created a charter, then speed ran through the whole first levels, got to the boss area, killed the NPC and summoned the sword master, then initiated the fight I think at level 4 or so. Did the glitch were the swordmaster has no hitbox, but the only problem was that I was literally getting one shoted killed from the boss, sometimes I literally ran in the boss room and the boss would do a lame ass swing attack and touch my toe and it would kill me straight out, that and sometimes its attacks would go through the columns were I was hiding at and kill me.

It still was a pain even with the NPC help cheat, but eventually I stayed alive till the summon killed her and got to the top area. Which is kind of pointless because that character was so low level I didnt stand much of a chance against the enemies in that area. But hey, thats were the boss souls glitch came in, its a secondary charter anyways so its not breaking the game, I mainly did it for #z and giggles.

After I beat the game maybe I will play again with that charter.

The Blades of the Darkmoon have like the top 1k people all cheaters with all stats at 99 at lvl 100 with 100% damage absorption In hindsight DS2 was the best for pvpers, i don't think ill be getting the dlc for this game

Must be playing on PC, on the consoles even with the glitches you still are not OP even at higher levels. But it does not matter either way because the game when invading or anything else only lets you summon or get summoned or get invaded by charters within your level.

So even if there are 1k cheater out there with OP stats and everything, they can only play or invade against other cheaters. Which just makes the game sort of lame for them I suppose.

PvP as a stand alone thing is not that great. But as something that happens through out the game the invasions and everything else, its a great mechanic. The fighting system definitely could use some work, as it just end up as being a roll a ton. But the whole way they go about it is great, you dont have to go out your way to fight anybody if you dont want to, but overall and with the whole invasion thing. It just makes the game better, if it was just nothing but computer controlled charters, I think the game would not be what it is.

As for any future DLCs. Definitely will get it, in fact the only worth DLCs I have played in any game in the past 10 years or so was the Dark Souls series DLC's, some of them were really some creative level designs.

edit on 11pmFridaypm292016f5pmFri, 29 Apr 2016 23:57:59 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join