It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Democracy Spring" is planning to disrupt multiple events next month

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't care much for protesters of any sort as they simply incite violence and anger, however, these creatures are of a particularly vile nature because they are attempting to subvert the Democratic process.

If they really wanted to be useful they would organize in a POSITIVE way for their candidates instead of violently attacking the opposition or attempting to shut down the other side in order to achieve a 'might makes right' victory.

Totally agree with you. Ignore the other poster.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

soo.. option 1 = arrest, option 2 = legal protest..

To me that implies thousands will be protesting illegally.. which as mentioned before, doesn't sound peaceful at all. Sounds like more than exercising the rights to free speech and assembly will take place here.

And why on earth do they think they are more entitled to these freedoms than everyone else anyway? That they can just try to shut down anyone else who has a say that opposes them? Right now the biggest threat to the democratic process seems to be them..
edit on 16-3-2016 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Gotta love this....

I pledge to be one among thousands who will risk arrest to save democracy in DC between April 11 - 16

I pledge to come to Washington DC to support the sit in through legal protest but cannot risk arrest

I want to join the march from Philadelphia to Washington DC, sometime between April 2 - 11

I want to volunteer to help organize this campaign

DemSpring

Somebody will have to "spring" them from jail !!!

Wow! Word play on the group's name!

So, you're against Americans getting together exercising their First Amendment rights then?

But, but you said the other day ...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh that was just business not politics.

The claim was no connection.

The claim is false. Patently.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

True enough, OWS2.0 and the Tea Party come from a common source of frustration. Both groups know that something is wrong in America, and they are tired of the crony corporatism and insider actions.

The difference comes from what the groups believe will solve the problem.

The Tea Party advocates smaller government, lowered regulations, less taxes, return power to the state laboratories.

My guess is that OWS2.0 will promote more government, more regulation, higher taxes, and more power to the central/federal government. But they'll call it 'smarter government' or something similar.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why are they trying to control the election?

This group needs to be dealt with immediately.

The police state in the big cities will take care of things.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No professor, I'm not against any protesting efforts.

Just shows how backwards and twisted your thinking is.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No.

It's 100% true.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

Apparently the part about willing arrest suggests illegal activity is part of the plan.

I think it's cool anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm still trying to understand their activity... are they just going to march around the west coast, are they going to march to DC, but they say they won't leave until listened to or arrested... leave where? The west coast? The USA? Their mom's basement?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Don't be silly, they won't be leaving their mom's basement, they'll be back after their gig in jail is over (if all goes according to their plan).
edit on 16-3-2016 by JustAnObservation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No professor, I'm not against any protesting efforts.

Just shows how backwards and twisted your thinking is.

LOL ... really?

Well, it is about me, after all. Right?

You're not against protest efforts, check. May I quote you?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

True enough, OWS2.0 and the Tea Party come from a common source of frustration. Both groups know that something is wrong in America, and they are tired of the crony corporatism and insider actions.

The difference comes from what the groups believe will solve the problem.

The Tea Party advocates smaller government, lowered regulations, less taxes, return power to the state laboratories.

My guess is that OWS2.0 will promote more government, more regulation, higher taxes, and more power to the central/federal government. But they'll call it 'smarter government' or something similar.

The Tea Party ... that has had no positive effect on anything thus far and is now basically a dead letter? Okay.

The Tea Party in reality was only in favor of smaller government and less ONLY when it suited their own agenda, as are most right-wing groups.

Return power to the State laboratories? LOL. So you prefer tyranny at the local level? Closer to home? Nice.

Your guess is worth what it's worth. Perhaps we'll see something more from this group better than the silly ridicule and hypocrisy on display here.

We'll see.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So these protestors are "pro-establishment"?

hahahahahahaha

I look forward to their march!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Bring it on! Let loose the dogs of chaos. Could be the best thing to come out of this crummy election season!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You have evidence that Democracy Spring is violently attempting to subvert the democratic process?

No need to look further than the last protest, Trumps Ohio rally.

Bill Ayers, Convicted Domestic Terrorist was their mascot.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

You have evidence that Democracy Spring is violently attempting to subvert the democratic process?

No need to look further than the last protest, Trumps Ohio rally.

Bill Ayers, Convicted Domestic Terrorist was their mascot.

... and the evidence that Democratic Spring was involved with that event?

Evidence, not commentary.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

... and the evidence that Democratic Spring was involved with that event?

Ah, but what about Ayers, Domestic Terrorist who was there also
as part of this astroturf protest?

Proof here on Moveon.org

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Of course they don't see this, or acknowledge it. Don't they know Soros and Trump have a history together? Billionaires stick together!

Dance puppets, dance!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't care much for protesters of any sort as they simply incite violence and anger, however, these creatures are of a particularly vile nature because they are attempting to subvert the Democratic process.

If they really wanted to be useful they would organize in a POSITIVE way for their candidates instead of violently attacking the opposition or attempting to shut down the other side in order to achieve a 'might makes right' victory.

Totally agree with you. Ignore the other poster.

Totally agree with baseless speculation and strawman arguments?

No one is talking about violence except you all saying they are. You know creating your own argument that you can then easily knock down...
They are protesting the state, that is literally what the first is for. Not so you can go be an asshole to someone and they have to not say anything back to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join