It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Democracy Spring" is planning to disrupt multiple events next month

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
People took to the streets to stop the vietnam war, guess what they where called, un american and radicals, i love seeing people complain all day on ats but dont do anything in real life.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: IAMTAT

trump is the ONLY candidate to take nothing from him....

Absolutely non-factual that there are no connections between Trump and Mr. Soros ... easy to find low-hanging fruit.

Big Names Back Trump Tower

Donald Trump has lined up three New York hedge funds, including money from billionaire George Soros, to invest $160 million in his Chicago skyscraper, a key piece in perhaps the largest construction financing in the city's history, according to real estate sources and public documents.

Not to mention ...

Glenn Beck - The Soros-Trump Connection Youtube
edit on 16-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Strange it wasn't even a long cold winter. But the agitators have to make a living.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It rains a lot in April. They might get wet and catch the sniffles. I'm just tossing that out there. . . . . .

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

They took to the streets to stop the draft. If it hadn't been for that draft, they'd have not given two flips about the war itself. That fact was proven decades later when those same draft dodgers and malcontents who became leaders in our government sat in silence as Rwanda, Sudan, the Congo, and Somalia. Had they truly been "anti-war" the Clintons, Kerrys, and Bidens would have done something... oh wait, that's right... no oil in those nations. My bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, let's see what Democracy Spring has to say for itself ... from www.democracyspring.org

WHY THIS? WHY NOW? Every American deserves an equal voice in government. That is our birthright of freedom, won through generations of struggle. But today our democracy is in crisis. American elections are dominated by billionaires and big money interests who can spend unlimited sums of money on political campaigns to protect their special interests at the general expense. Meanwhile, as the super-rich dominate the “money primary” that decides who can run for office, almost half of the states in the union have passed new laws that disenfranchise everyday voters, especially people of color and the poor. This corruption violates the core principle of American democracy — “one person, one vote” citizen equality.

Now wait a minute ... haven't some of you cried here about the same things? Why yes you have, citing Soros' contributions right above here ... let's see what else they're about ...

And it is blocking reform on virtually every critical issue facing our country: from addressing historic economic inequality, to tackling climate change and ending mass incarceration. We simply cannot solve the urgent crises that face our nation if we don’t save democracy first. But if the status quo goes unchallenged, the 2016 election — already set to be the most billionaire-dominated, secret money-drenched, voter suppression-marred contest in modern American history — will likely yield a President and a Congress more bound to the masters of big money than ever before. And our planet and people just can’t afford that. But there is another possibility.

Challenging the status quo? But, er, isn't that what the champion of so many Mr. Trump is supposed to be doing?

Hmmm ... so you're against challenging the status quo in Washington if young liberals and progressives do it, but all for it when one of the biggest billionaire, monied, media darlings of the last century claims to be doing so?

Nah, nothing irrational or hypocritical here....

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It rains a lot in April. They might get wet and catch the sniffles. I'm just tossing that out there. . . . . .

'April Showers Brings Out Precious Flowers.'

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't care much for protesters of any sort as they simply incite violence and anger, however, these creatures are of a particularly vile nature because they are attempting to subvert the Democratic process.

If they really wanted to be useful they would organize in a POSITIVE way for their candidates instead of violently attacking the opposition or attempting to shut down the other side in order to achieve a 'might makes right' victory.

edit on 2016/3/16 by Metallicus because: Added a Paragraph

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't care much for protesters of any sort as they simply incite violence and anger, however, these creatures are of a particularly vile nature because they are attempting to subvert the Democratic process. If they really wanted to be useful they would organize in a POSITIVE way for their candidates instead of violently attacking the opposition or attempting to shut down the other side in order to achieve a 'might makes right' victory.

You have evidence that Democracy Spring is violently attempting to subvert the democratic process?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I don't care much for protesters of any sort as they simply incite violence and anger, however, these creatures are of a particularly vile nature because they are attempting to subvert the Democratic process. If they really wanted to be useful they would organize in a POSITIVE way for their candidates instead of violently attacking the opposition or attempting to shut down the other side in order to achieve a 'might makes right' victory.

You have evidence that Democracy Spring is violently attempting to subvert the democratic process?

Yes, the Ohio protest.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh that was just business not politics.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

"They" said the same thing last week in Chicago.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Gotta love this....

I pledge to be one among thousands who will risk arrest to save democracy in DC between April 11 - 16

I pledge to come to Washington DC to support the sit in through legal protest but cannot risk arrest

I want to join the march from Philadelphia to Washington DC, sometime between April 2 - 11

I want to volunteer to help organize this campaign

DemSpring

Somebody will have to "spring" them from jail !!!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes, the Ohio protest.

and proof that was a Democracy Spring-managed action?

and proof that the protest was universally violent?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Care to show some evidence?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

They took to the streets to stop the draft. If it hadn't been for that draft, they'd have not given two flips about the war itself. That fact was proven decades later when those same draft dodgers and malcontents who became leaders in our government sat in silence as Rwanda, Sudan, the Congo, and Somalia. Had they truly been "anti-war" the Clintons, Kerrys, and Bidens would have done something... oh wait, that's right... no oil in those nations. My bad.

Im sure you had a point in there somewhere, but i must have missed it.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why are they trying to control the election?

This group needs to be dealt with immediately.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Care to show some evidence?

Good luck with mr X bringing any proof, is best is usualy an obscure blog that leans right wing

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Why are they trying to control the election?

This group needs to be dealt with immediately.

DEALT WITH???

What do you suggest?

Gulag?

Firing squad?

link   
a reply to: onequestion

Freedom of speech and all that jazz.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join