It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retail rivalry: Homes near Target worth almost double of those near Walmart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
As I said...it's all psychological. People associate Walmart with low income, indigent, drug addicted, poorly educated people.

Oh, the people with money will still SHOP there, they just don't want to LIVE near one.

So, in order to sell your home near a Walmart, you have to lower the price.

Housing prices are hugely psychological. Is the house really worth less if two houses down there's an ugly painted home? Not really in a material sense, but since its hard to find someone who wants to live next to a neon pink home, the price has to be lower to attract a buyer.

It's really pretty simple. Walmart has a stereotype about it. They destroy local economies, enslave the local workforce and generally lower everyone's quality of life...When a community gets a Walmart, it's like it has contracted a cancer or disease. I wouldn't be surprised if a community that gets a Walmart sees a rise in crime and drug abuse after about 2-3 years of Walmart showing up.

Which is ironic because their slogan is, "Save money: live better!" ...

It should be, "Get paid less, live marginally on public assistance we encourage you to get"
edit on 17-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I hate Walmart, my house is right near a Target though!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: schuyler

They do. They might charge more, and when people pay more they somehow think it means it's "higher end". It's all perception.

No, the stuff at Target is not all the same. It tends to be slightly higher quality on the items that differ. Studies show Target is the same price as Walmart. Sometimes cheaper.
money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...
www.bloomberg.com...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join