It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Cadillac Tax to hit Chevy-class Families Hardest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 16-3-2016 by amicktd because: Replied to wrong poster

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
What squarely middle classer has a $30,000 HI premium? I'm smelling some cow excrement here, mathematics & words aren't adding up. One or the other is being highly manipulated/deliberately misleading. Probably for the reactions.

Nope, this is how union workers can make so much that their effective hourly wage can be $30+ per hour by the time you factor in the value of their benefits package.

A union forklift worker can make insane amounts in some of the larger unions around the country.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: amicktd

Many companies subsidize the health insurance plans. The part that you pay as the employee is not the actual cost. That is just your portion. The employer is usually paying the same or some other amount that you don't see. Many union employers have these "cadillac" health plans. This is why the unions were so upset with Democrats and Obama post poned the implementation.

Incorrect my employer is paying $600/month and I'm paying $225/month which is $825/month. $825 * 12 = $9900/yr

I didn't say yours specifically is a Cadillac plan. However, there are some employers, particularly those with bloated union contracts, that have these crazy health insurance plans.

Yea, that may be which is why I asked if anyone had an example of how this tax would affect them. If the unions are the ones with problems, then they need to renegotiate or find new healthcare providers.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A big part of employer health care is dependent on the size of the company. There are different price points for the number of employees. The type of work must also be taken into consideration. The more dangerous the field, the higher the price.

Another thing to consider are monsters like Honeywell, who is self insured. The premiums the employees pay go directly back to the company. They only use actual insurance companies to administer the policy. That is why it doesn't matter whether you take option A or option B. The plans are identical. The only difference is the company that administers it. The only way you will see a real difference is in the choice between HMO and PPO. Even then, after everything it taken in to consideration it works out fairly even.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Here is a Forbes article stating that the average cost of a family ppo plan is $24,671 in 2015. It breaks down where that total comes from. The article also shows that the cost of plans has been increasing at the rate of about 6% a year for the past few years.

Annual Healthcare Cost For Family Of Four Now At $24,671

The OP's article states that the cost of plans are rising so fast that soon a large portion of the middle class will be stuck with the so called Cadillac Tax. The Forbes article seems to back it up. Still, it would be nice to be shown some real world examples.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Here is a Forbes article stating that the average cost of a family ppo plan is $24,671 in 2015. It breaks down where that total comes from. The article also shows that the cost of plans has been increasing at the rate of about 6% a year for the past few years.

Annual Healthcare Cost For Family Of Four Now At $24,671

The OP's article states that the cost of plans are rising so fast that soon a large portion of the middle class will be stuck with the so called Cadillac Tax. The Forbes article seems to back it up. Still, it would be nice to be shown some real world examples.

Its still unfolding and wont take full affect until 2018 if I understand correctly. Still, as you indicated, costs are rising year over year at a very high rate since the adoption of obamacare. Fully two years before obamacare was slated to begin Honeywell raised its premiums on its own employees citing obamacare as the reason for the increase. They were just one of many who followed suit.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
There is no enumerated power to compel individuals to purchase anything in order to remain a law abiding citizen. But just in case there is any doubt:

Article 1, Section 8 allows it alongside quite literally anything else.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ah, the old General Welfare Clause gambit except they failed the caveat of

but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States
The rates are far from uniform and there is a huge difference between a tax and penalty.

Although I would like a Letter of Marquee...for reasons.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join