It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project IX: USAF Stealthy Transport Aircraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
warisboring.com...

This article from everyone's favourite F-35-haters certainly sounds interesting. I've heard lots of talk about stealthy transport for a while, and the requirement is obviously there. I seem to recall Foxtrot Alpha thought the new large hangar at Groom Lake could be for some Stealthy fixed wing aircraft to complement the stealthy helicopter research assumed (known?) to be taking place there.

Also there are some interesting black silhouettes I'm trying not to read too much into!

Does anyone know if perhaps this is related to either the Wichita or Amarillo birds?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gfad

I thought that one of the birds we saw.

Wichita? was a transport? Or did I imagine the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Neither of those birds were transports.

LM and Boeing have been playing with blended wing body lifters for some time and it wouldn't be that big of a leap to think either of them have at least built a stealthy demonstrator for that purpose.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There have been enough hints dropped here and elsewhere that I'm pretty sure this exists. I would be absolutely shocked if it ever went grey.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

Why so shocked? The stealth helicopters used in the OBL raid were kinda forced into the grey, and there are a lot of rumours about stealth transports. Seems like the kind of thing that would creep out.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This project I came across long time ago. Not sure if it got into production or redesigned. But here is the small scale. I can't upload the photo to here. But here is a link. Its gizmodo. But other defense publications have it too.

gizmodo.com...
😊

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The fact that Lockheed is releasing images of scale models of stealth transport aircraft it developed with the Air Force kind of shows this is already grey!

I'd love to see one of these monsters IRL...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The question of Project 9 is what was designed? I can't wait to see what it looks like too.

What's odd is the article you link stated between 2019 to 2010... reversed. I'll copy and paste.

"The service planned to get the first of the Project IX aircraft sometime between 2019 and 2010. But we have yet to see the plane out in public. It might exist. It might not."

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I have some reasons of my own for thinking that some form of this has existed since the Reagan or Bush I years, as a black VLO counterpart to the V-22. Though my hunch is that it's maybe halfway in size between a V-22 and a C-130.

Google "Senior Citizen".

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

You trolling? 😁

Google "Senior Citizen".
edit on 16-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I'm thinking of that giant hangar that they want built.

Zaphod's "yes" in that thread is putting things together.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks for linking that thread. Juicy stuff.👍

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The issue with the scale wind tunnel test model they show in that link is that it isn't stealth by a long shot, unless they plan on covering those up, stealth and open engine fans blades can't be in the same sentence.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Lol. Zaph was giving you a "yes " to one of the three questions you posed in the OP of that thread. He didn't happen to say which one of the questions he answered though.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Agreed. Though I wasn't sure about RAM coating. Not my forte. Which is why I was confused when the raid of Osama Bin Laden had the helicopter blades. Thought the blades had to give off a signiture. But answering my own question about that..... blades are carbon fiber + honey comb insides for added strenghth.

You being up in the land of boeing. You must have gotten a hint of something I hope. 😉

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I've found that by re reading things a few times.

Things magically add up.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes again for linking that thread. Saved to short cut home screen so I can read all the post. Don't know how I missed it.
I also don't know why I got it in my head that such a hanger/facility is to be built in florida. Strange 👽.

At the moment I can't give it my full attention as a squawk 7700 from an aircraft out of Nellis afb. With a wing man. I'D used by many aircraft. And a Google balloon just north of the Nellis range. Flightradar24 if you're interested. The Alert came in just after take off 15 minstrel ago..

Both aircraft over Tonopah air base now... Wink Wink...😉

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm in the land of Boeing but mostly the commercial side besides the occasional KC-46, P-8 or E-3. Most (but not all) of Boeing's secret squirrel stuff is outside of the Puget Sound region.

I've heard a few things but nothing to take to the bank or that I'm going to talk about.

With regards to the OBL raid helo, I think they were more after a reduction of signature and increased lead time till the helo was detected. Not trying to give it complete broadband stealth but give them an extra few minutes till someone knew the jig was up. Combine that with the EM jamming they had in place, it was good enough for the area they needed to infiltrate.

I'm no stealth shaping expert or even at novice level by any means but I believe the face of a jet engine has a greater effect on RCS to an aircraft than the rotor blades of a helicopter do on a helo. The fan front of a jet engine has more radar reflective surfaces.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Probably because it's in a location where they fly their most missions out of?

If they have to take a trip to Colombia it's close enough I assume. As well as other South American and Central American countries.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

I also don't know why I got it in my head that such a hanger/facility is to be built in florida. Strange 👽.

United States Special Operations Command is headquartered in Florida.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join