It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana’s Economic Impact Could Hit $44 Billion by 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is a very, very large number. In visiting with a professional associate of mine earlier, I was provoked me to look into this. My friend went in with 3 of his fraternity Bros last August; they have three green houses in Portland. Harvest in in May for them and they will yield 4M. this will be an 80% gross profit from their investments.

I believe that I will be looking for some cannabis partners in the near future!

I will make a prediction the the Fed. Gov. will soon be growing and selling their own cannabis in the near future. Is it possible that the Fed. Gov., with proper direction, could start knocking away at our trillion dollar deficit, or is it just tooooooo late?

According to a new report

The U.S. economic impact of marijuana could hit between $24 and $44 billion in the next four years, according to a new report by Marijuana Business Daily.

Economic impact includes not only sales of marijuana itself, but also any other dollars pumped into the economy in association with marijuana, from grow-lights to pipes, Yahoo reports. MBD assigned marijuana an economic multiplier of four, meaning for every dollar spent on weed, three more dollars are also added to the economy.

MBD’s prediction for the 2016 economic impact of marijuana was between $14 and $17 billion.

Could Marijuana help with the national debt?

L I N K

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

I will make a prediction the the Fed. Gov. will soon be growing and selling their own cannabis in the near future. Is it possible that the Fed. Gov., with proper direction, could start knocking away at our trillion dollar deficit, or is it just tooooooo late?

NEVER COOK YOUR OWN KETTLE UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO BOIL.

Same goes for the people of your country and economy.

My guess it you get your citizens high enough that eventually their IQ will dip to the point they cannot be productive passed the age of 40 and the economy will slide big league. That is my prediction.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Literally the entire deck is stacked in favor of legalization. There is literally not a single compelling argument to keep the plant medically illegal, and even the ones to keep it recreationally illegal are rather flimsy. The reason it is still illegal is because of money interests.

Money speaks louder than facts.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Think the USA went past that point already without MJ

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It could absolutely help chip away at the deficit IF every state that is against this pull their heads of of their rear ends get with the times and come aboard. There are so many applications with this plant other than just smoking it, that is nothing compared to the revenue that could come from industrial textile use.

Hempcrete

Henry Ford's first car that run on hemp fuel and was constructed of hemp.

Industrial hemp facts

So you see the industrial applications of this plant is where the real money can/will be generated.
I know there are those who will do their best to attack this statement but Cannabis really truly is an amazing plant with so many applications. It should be and at one point in time I believe it was a crime NOT to grow hemp. You can follow the money and the lobbyist against this plant and clearly see that it's criminalization was based off corruption, greed and lies.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

My guess it you get your citizens high enough that eventually their IQ will dip to the point they cannot be productive passed the age of 40 and the economy will slide big league. That is my prediction.

Doubt it, people are stupid on their own with out any help.

I always hate to hear ppl try to make excuses for their stupidity.

X made me dumb, no, you were born that way.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I will never understand why it was illegal in the first place. How can a gov't deem a natural substance that you can grow in your garden illegal and dangerous? How can they tax and sell alcohol or tobacco while at the same time send a group of officers to a farm to pull a sneaky plant out of the ground 'before anybody gets their hands on it'. People will look back on this and laugh, hysterically.

People should be able to choose what they do with their own consciousness. Should anybody turn violent and be a danger to their society, provide help or as a last resort, lock them up.

As the OP rightly points out, the gov't will soon be growing and selling their own, when it used to be outright illegal!!! (laughs hysterically). The hypocrisy is incredible.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Hulk, I AGREE w/you 100%!!!!

I always tell people, if the American Indians are getting into it, there has GOT to be $$$$$$$$$$$ to be had!!!

thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
44 billion seems like a lot of money.. How much money is pumped into the economy every year by having it be illegal? I wonder how much the private prison industry alone makes off of it..

The 44 billion is from the legal end.. The black market end is probably somewhere up there as well..

Put it all together and I bet the total money's being pumped into the economy from all fronts is close to 100 billion a year..

Now just think about what our economy would be like if it was legal and used for its industrial purposes too..

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

You make a great point here. If it went nationwide legal today, for all uses - it would be a 100 billion market next year. Hell, it would hit this 24 - 44 number this year.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Could Marijuana help with the national debt?

A snowball in hell has a better chance of relieving the deficit.

Mary Jane cannot save Spider Man-if Cannabis was the knight in shining armor then big pharma would have exploited it years ago since the benefits have been known for a long time. Hemp is a fantastic and environmentally friendly as well but the problem is that is it is too good for it's own good.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I unfortunately jumped on this band wagon with little results so far. When our new prime minister was elected i dropped $700 from my rrsp into canopy growth corp. a mary jane compnay here in canada.
Its stuck arounf the $2.50 cent mark pretty much the entire time so far.
I, like others im assuming, thought the stock would shoot sky high over night.
Nope! Hasnt done a thing yet asides from fluctuate around the purchase price i paid.

But because it hasnt lost me money yet, I've kept the stocks. Hopefully they pay off in the future.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
$44 billion in new revenues?

Nah - let's continue having roided-out losers harass and intimidate teenagers for having a little bit of pot on them.

America - let's make it great again!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm seriously thinking about switching from cotton and onions to Hemp on my 180 acres..... If Texas can ever get it's head out of it's ***...... Probably a lost cause due to the right wing conservatives in complete control of the Texas state house.
edit on 16-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We cant relax on this. Keep up the fight.
Its taken my whole life just to get to this point.
It is closer than its ever been right now. (other than when it was legal)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
It could absolutely help chip away at the deficit IF every state that is against this pull their heads of of their rear ends get with the times and come aboard. There are so many applications with this plant other than just smoking it, that is nothing compared to the revenue that could come from industrial textile use.

Hempcrete

Henry Ford's first car that run on hemp fuel and was constructed of hemp.

Industrial hemp facts

So you see the industrial applications of this plant is where the real money can/will be generated.
I know there are those who will do their best to attack this statement but Cannabis really truly is an amazing plant with so many applications. It should be and at one point in time I believe it was a crime NOT to grow hemp. You can follow the money and the lobbyist against this plant and clearly see that it's criminalization was based off corruption, greed and lies.

Quoted for freaking Truth. Getting high is just a wonderful perk to everything that could be done with hemp/weed production/legalization.

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: ReadLeader

NEVER COOK YOUR OWN KETTLE UNLESS YOU WANT IT TO BOIL.

Same goes for the people of your country and economy.

Bruh, your conditioning is showing. If only you railed against fluoride as much as you rail against weed...
edit on 16-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Cannabis, is here to stay. Illegally or legally. Legally, it will change the world. For the better. Like it or not. It all starts with a seed....

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Living so close to Washington state you can already see the impact legalization has had on the economy. I have seen a lighting company triple their growth by creating special indoor growing lights, abandoned warehouses are revitalized by new growers, and this in turn has created employment opportunities for the local economies.

The only problem I have seen is employees coming to work high, not a lot, but more then you would think.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

I agree with you. It's bringing in NEW money! It, is, a betterment of society. Not to mention, we pull the game away from the cartels. as far as working um, medicated, we all do, I am in the Cannabis field since 1995, I have watched it grow. Believe it or not, most of us stay more focused and safety conscious of our work. as the driving statistics will show, you are much safer driver medicated. oh, and the medicinal help for the children is the best result we have from legalization.

Sadly, for the elite, money talks and they, the elite, understand that. They only bad side is, the ups in Washington, are trying to get fingers in the pie, through money control, we will take what we can, to make this available to the unfortunately ill children and adults this medicine benefits. I am proud to produce medicine and help the parents, that are distraught, looking at their child sick with Seizures and no light in the tunnel for them. well, they can get that help now. Makes me feel great nowadays, to be able to provide them, especially the children, with a no side affect medication. Have a great day everyone. Much love.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Are you truly saying that? I am over 40 and am in a multi million dollar business, medicate daily and only go up in this field. as do, my business partners all over 40. read please educate yourself. Cannabis don't make you dumb. some statements from people who oppose and not up on facts, are not so smart. I hope you see the light and I hope you, if, ever need help with a sickness, get it, in your area. I hope you never need it. but you, sir, will benefit, as all do.

Have a wonderful day, all my best Skywatcher2011.

new topics

top topics

join