It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were not aware there was really only one political party in the US, you should be now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: amicktd
The problem with the 2 party system is they always talk about the same things that nobody can fix, unless the ultimate problem is fixed. They can talk about their bandaid policies for the economy, job market, social programs, foreign policy, immigration, etc. It really doesn't matter because at the end of the day, its just that "A BANDAID".

If anything is gonna change, corruption will have to be addressed and at least minimized before anything else can be fixed.

Could not agree with this more. If government spending oversight, transparency, and accountability are not central to a candidate's campaign -- then you can be sure the candidate is an Establishment shiII.

Didn't Obama promise the most transparent administration ever.
What they include in their campaign promises doesn't amount to a pinch of poop.

I am NOT an Obama fan. I am actually surprised to find I despise him as much as I despised GWB. Never voted for him, never had one reason to have faith in him.

Obama = Bush on steroids

ETA: And Obama's transparency promises were empty at the time because of that FISA vote before the 2008 election. I knew he was full of sh*t.
edit on 16-3-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitors
a reply to: UKTruth

Our country's no different, it's all a sham here too. Maybe the newish Labour guy is more old Labour and maybe that'll make a difference at some future election. Prior to that we had two main parties pretty much identical, and then we messed up bad cause when the Lib Dems actually got a chance to change things, instead they formed a coalition, and then we, as in the UK voters, stuffed things up even more by voting them out of existence...and now our police state gets dumber and dumberer with each passing second. Scotland is even worse. Lord knows what will happen with the European vote. Everyone's got an opinion on Europe but does anybody know what it really even means to be a member of it or not.

I get the impression people know what the future is, if certain things happen in certain ways. But they prefer to just cover that up. They're probably panicing about what they see will happen if Trump wins. A lot of the GOP didn't want Bush in either.

It's all a big distraction for me. There's like you know one guy holding up both puppets. Not just in the USA, everywhere. It's pathetic. The true culprits are the ones that know it's fake and they keep it all going, whether they're voters, non-voters, runners, whatever. Meanwhile the real problems all go unresolved and not even mentioned mostly.

For sure - exactly the same in the UK. I'd go so far as to say there is pretty much one party that runs the whole of the western world. That is another story though....

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: amicktd
The problem with the 2 party system is they always talk about the same things that nobody can fix, unless the ultimate problem is fixed. They can talk about their bandaid policies for the economy, job market, social programs, foreign policy, immigration, etc. It really doesn't matter because at the end of the day, its just that "A BANDAID".

If anything is gonna change, corruption will have to be addressed and at least minimized before anything else can be fixed.

Could not agree with this more. If government spending oversight, transparency, and accountability are not central to a candidate's campaign -- then you can be sure the candidate is an Establishment shiII.

Didn't Obama promise the most transparent administration ever.
What they include in their campaign promises doesn't amount to a pinch of poop.

I am NOT an Obama fan. I am actually surprised to find I despise him as much as I despised GWB. Never voted for him, never had one reason to have faith in him.

Obama = Bush on steroids

ETA: And Obama's transparency promises were empty at the time because of that FISA vote before the 2008 election. I knew he was full of sh*t.

I do chuckle at the promises made... you know, the 'read my lips' type absolute statements that are completely forgotten as soon as power is won. It's amazing these guys don't curl up in a ball with shame when they see themselves called out publicly years later. They just seem to shrug it off!

It's the same this year...

Ted Cruz.. 'the very first day in office I am going to rip up the ...[insert here]'

All I can say is that he will be spending the whole day by the shredder in his office if he plans to make good on his promises!
edit on 16/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

I think that points at one of two possibilities; either

(1) politicians really DO believe they are standing on one side of the isle or the other, and despite the corruption there IS a point to voting for the end you believe in the most...

OR

(2) assuming politicians really are nearly 100% bought and paid for by corrupt and shady powers, those corrupt and shady powers are literally vying with EACH OTHER from behind the scenes.

There is a third option which sort of lands with your option (2)

(3) Deep Pockets want to make sure that that empty pockets do not have a chance or say in picking someone representative for themselves

It is sort of like Corporate Lobbyist from Qwest and Corporate lobbyists from Verizon duking it out for political favors.
The majority of people are not included in that fight. Only Deep Pockets are represented.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Another great thread on how the whole political scheme is a sham. Presidents are selected not elected. I give it best hopes to resonate despite many not wanting to recognize this.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

"For sure - exactly the same in the UK. I'd go so far as to say there is pretty much one party that runs the whole of the western world. That is another story though...."

Or one 'consciousness' / lack of consciousness.

I care too much about trees & conservation sites to be a Trump supporter (if the reports about that are even true), but I think this is probably correct, what you wrote about how the usual wouldn't be able to control him, and that's the main reason they're not happy about him running.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join