It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS BTS split

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, once upon a time there was ATS, BTS, PTS and ATSNN. All separate sites and all a separate login. PTS being politics and ATSNN being news that later became familiar forums we know today such as Breaking Alternative News, Other Current Events and some of the news-ish forums in BTS, is officially the Off-Topic areas. And once BellowTopSecrect.com was gone, many still called it BTS due to the blue tab on the site design, thus Blue Tab Section. Well that was the backronym logic used for still saying BTS.

One thing about ATS is that we are not static and stale about layout and design. SO is always cooking up something. And like any mad genius, many things he thinks of and works on never see the light of day or not be added for years.

I feel I was one of the last holdouts of still saying U2U's versus PM's. And honestly, I think phone use was what changed me so I didn't have to flip back and forth on the keyboards to use the '2'.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsuro

Tease!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Now I see it. I've seen that before I guess I just didn't give it a thought. That option is not available on the "NEW" page is it?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No, it's not. I just checked and the topics in "new" are mixed between Conspiracy and Off Topic.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

A swing, and a miss.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

And if you want to do a special sorting. Click on the Top Topics button www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you get an overview of top flagged threads. But the icons at the top (globe, eye, rocket, etc) break it down to news forums, mysterious forums (General ATS stuff), Political forums, off-topic BTS forums. I think there is one for science stuff and a couple other quick sorting breakdowns. That way you can quasi-filter gold from what disintrests you. Like politics or Rants and Chit-Chat. I am wanting to think that threads drop off those lists over time or just activity level.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

A schoolboy error.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I still say U2U - don't worry.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I recall, ATS, PTS and BTS. I don't think PTS bled over into ATS and BTS unless in related topics. Used to it being non separate now and likely the content is too large to attempt it again, but makes one wonder. Maybe if it was not separate log ins rather more separate sections than already provided.
edit on 17-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Casandra

Something new every day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join