It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Hypocrite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
People are messy. No ones perfect, but we try.
Maybe trying for someone else is the best you can do right now?

Valuing yourself is the hardest thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

will tell you that nobody does anything without expecting some type of reward
a reply to: Dark Ghost

This is simply not true. I know many people in service to others who get no payment for their work, besides the sense of fulfillment of soul self. They do it because they want to.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ill rephrase it.

"Remove the dust from your own eye first. That way you can see more clearly to remove the spec from your brother's eye."

"The blind leading the blind" ring any bells?

He is right he is a hypocrit but atleast he is honest about it. Not everyone is like this. Not saying some people are perfect but saying some people don't preach what they don't practice.
edit on 3/16/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

A wise person once told me we always end up doing what is important to us regardless of what we want. I WANT to do a lot of things, but it is through analyzing what we actually do that we are able to obtain answers.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Lol I am the biggest hypocrite I know

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Ill rephrase it.

No you haven't...he admitted to being a hypocrite, why did you need to tell him notice the beam in his eye? Your judgement is uncalled for. I really think your throwing scripture around for no reason.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yes I did.

I didn't juge him.
Like I said. Some people don't preach what they don't practice.

Not everyone is a hypocrite.

I used the scripture to pose a question......(to the OP I might add)

The answer is deeper than just, "I am a hypocrite".

Why are you being so defensive? Have I offended you in some manner?
edit on 3/18/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Why are you being so defensive? Have I offended you in some manner?

Why are you deflecting - this thread is in the gray area - why the need for religious quotes?

How am I being defensive when you were the attacker of the OP? You are partly correct your post is offensive in the light of the OP; although you have not offended me, I smirk when I see comments like yours and call them out for what they are. Its a kind of religious trolling.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I'm not religious. Wise words, parables, meaningful thoughts and phrases can be found in many books. You dont have to be religious to understand or agree to the fundamental aspects of them.

......You still didn't point out where I judged the OP, and my original question remains unanswered.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You have to be hypocrite when living in a society full of hypocrites. Although it is aberrant and unnatural, as a way to protect oneself you have no choice but to become one, unless you isolate yourself totally. The real important point is, to not forget what it is to be one, keeping balance is the key. Spirituality however, when you advanced enough, will slice right through lies and hypocrites like light casts out darkness. This is next step.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join