It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single in your 30's

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

It's not too much baggage for the right woman- I'm 30, about to have my 4th, and while I hope to not have to ever look for another partner, I wouldn't give up hope. I just know it takes a special person to take all that on. Those people are out there, just harder to come across.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The best way to ensure you never die alone, is to take some bastards with you.

On a totally different note, you never know your luck. I find it interesting that a person who spends as much time involved in dice rolling as you have, has failed to appreciate that the chaos inherent in the universe insists that at some point, the dice will rest upon an edge or corner, despite the improbability of that result, and that in the same way, it is not at all impossible that you will find something nourishing and wholesome, relationship wise, before your eventual expiration.

I am a Velcro covered, rum drinking metalhead, and even I know that the universe is a surprising enough place to be, that I can assume nothing about the day ahead, short of the fact that at least one cup of tea will be made and drunk, even if nuclear oblivion is at hand.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

NO, that's NOT too much baggage. Kids are great and if someone thinks you are too much baggage bc of your kids, then good riddance. They can just go ahead and eliminate themselves and make room for the right one.

Just have confidence in yourself and don't feel sorry for being obsessed with Dungeons and Dragons and Anime. That is actually pretty neat and there is someone out there for everyone who is open and confident and willing to give.

Since you already have given to someone before, you clearly know how to do it so just have confidence.

edit on 7-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

GMO free dating ... I like it, has a hint of no bull#

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

a reply to: TrueBrit

a reply to: veracity

Hey, I just want to thank you three for your vote of confidence.

I may very well come across a woman with whom I could once again share my life. It would be nice, I'll admit but I must also admit that it would be downright terrifying. You see, my ex was the first real relationship I had ever participated in and I married that woman because I thought we would be spending our lives together (I have always been a hopeless romantic) but apparently she changed her mind along the way. Which is fine. She hurt me, its true, but sometimes one just has to do what one has to do, dig?

At any rate, ever since then I have been too scared to actually try to get back out there and meet someone. I'm just too damn frightened of being hurt like that again. It nearly killed me the first time around and I am just not sure I could handle it again. So therein lies my conundrum. I have faith that if it happens, it will all happen organically and in its own time. Then again, who really knows?

All I can do is keep on keeping on.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yes you will be just fine, just enjoy your children and life and she/he will come to you

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I decided to try online dating. I signed up for beautiful people.com but was rejected. The most beautiful God ever was rejected from online dating on his first try.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As it's been said ATS just needs to start a dating spin off site.

Celibacydenied.com?

Might make for some awkward times on the forums as well hehe.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Dude,

If it's right, it will happen whether you go looking or not, whether you fear it or not. It will happen in the queue at the store, or in the fantasy section of your local library, while you are waiting for a bus, or a train, or just taking a walk in outdoorsland.

I would be the last person to suggest getting out to the club and perusing the meat market to see what's available, like a god damned knuckle dragger. The societal expectations and social mores that have developed around dating over the last few generations have made a mockery of the process of falling in love anyway. The hell with all of that nonsense. All it does is builds up expectations, and allows time in preparation, for fear to rot your guts, and rotted guts do not hold liquor well, an intolerable situation, I am sure you will agree.

Just live your life, because somewhere in amongst the normal flow of things, unusual and fantastic things will no doubt await you, and pounce on you unexpectedly. Muggers do that too, so watch your six.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

There have been quite enough of those over the last few years. Forum members breaking up can be...difficult to observe, even through the lens of a message board.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not to mention the horrid courting rituals I've had to endure in the music threads :p

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Precisely.

Very uncomforable.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join