It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single in your 30's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I feel this will be a nice break from the political threads...

How do you date in your 30's. We are in that age group where its awkward to online date. I have been trying for years, and met/texted with some ok guys from tinder/okc, etc. However, I cannot get the nerve to meet so easily.

I did once, we dated for 2 months, it was oK, but it makes me not want to meet anyone again from online bc I had to break a heart.

What are the other single peeps experiences with online dating?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I've never done it, but I've heard it has a much higher success rate over formal dating. Probably because it pairs you with someone with similar interests, rather than just throwing darts and hoping you find someone you'll mesh with. My cousin is the only person I know who seriously tried to find someone. I'm not sure which service she used, but she did. They have been together probably six years. Best of luck!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

thanks, I know, I know many success stories myself, some from a decade ago, but still, I am having trouble.

Maybe bc I do not "match" or "pair" with many people in my area? There are not many matches with a severely liberal single mother in her 30's in a deep red state?

I really think its political.

ooops,sorry, trying to take a break from politics

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Zoosk... however nothing happened in chemistry.
We got chicken wings. Chivalry is a must for me. So it was only one time... siiiiigh. Now I have a stalker.

She was appreciative to my kindness and my paying for everything. Later that night she opted to insist she was "In Love" with me. I gave her a hug and got the heck out of there.

So I maintain that I have not been in love mentally AND PHYSICALLY since October 30'th 2005.
And I'm quite happy.πŸ˜ƒ

Edit. To be fair though. That happend in my 30's. I just turned 42 at the end of February. 😊
🍻
edit on 15-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Online dating is garbage but then meeting someone in person is impossible.

I'll be 35 soon, been single a few months and don't see it happening for me anytime soon

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Best bet as I learned. Never date the hot bartender. Couldn't figure out how she made enough money to buy a $280.000 home, $50.000 truck and a brand new Four Winds boat.....

That happend in Reno NV. Turns out after 3 month of dating. She also worked at the Bunny Ranch.... πŸ‘ŽπŸ™

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

she must've been literal loads of fun though

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I haven't ever been in love, but im still happy, happy that I know what I do and don't want.

I don't want to turn this thread into a dating site but you are in my age range and Im ok with long distant dating.

So...

are you rep, dem?

do you like the office?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Have you ever been with some you just met. And they insisted they would do ANYTHING for you.
And extremely touchy feely?
And to top it off. She looked nothing like the zoosk photo. And more importantly nothing like the personality the was written on thier bio?

Woo hoo! πŸ˜¨πŸ˜†

Edit... oh yes the bunny girl. Hooooolyyy Cow! Didn't know I was able to "That" ! 😎😚

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hehehe... single. No dependents. Own my own home and car outright. Independent voter ( was rep ). Office was ok. I prefer the muppets, big bang theory, impractical jokers.

6ft, brown hair, brown eyes, broad shoulders, 210 lbs. Good build, wait! Gotta sec? Let me change my avatar for a sec. I'm on mobile... πŸ˜‰

Pizza tacos and a mean cook. And I'm the last person to give dating adviceπŸ˜‚

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

im a little impressed you wrangled a bunny rancher

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Lol. I was paramedic and Fire instructor. She was in my class. After she graduated. We didn't see each other for a few month. I just happen to go To A Hole In The Wall bar with some friends on karaoke night. I don't sing. But we started talking and got to know each other better. πŸ˜‹

She was a very sweet and caring person. But one day we were out having dinner when..... a gentleman walked up and called her buy her bunny nameπŸ‘―.She came clean. But my insecurities at that age could not get past it.

Few years later she got her RN and married a nice guy. They have 3 kids.

To add... ATS has strict rules on using this sight for the purpose of dating.
But you made my night..

Online dating was serious business back when AOL started with thier chat rooms. My friend the DOG was dating 3 4 ladies at a time. I chose even then to date one at a time "IF" like all things in life..... it just happens. That's the best kind of dating. Not an APP.πŸšΉπŸšΊπŸšΌπŸ˜‰

You know, member Texnictallity is a great flirtπŸ˜‰

edit on 15-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ™‹

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
I feel this will be a nice break from the political threads...

How do you date in your 30's.

You don't.............you network.

Find someone in the same line of work/trade as you and go out for a business lunch. Those kinds of conversations seldom stay on topic if there's chemistry. If there isn't, at least you were productive.

Business conversations can help make the personal aspect of a "meeting" less awkward if you're not good at dating.

Or so I'm told.

edit on 15-3-2016 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

It's really cool when you can strike up a conversation over morning coffee. And suddenly it's the afternoon. It's good to have some differences. You end up always learning. I love that. πŸ‘

But then again i'm old and not into the swipe left or right. Like I said about zoosk. I GOT A STALKER...😰

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

This was another great thread to cut away from politics. Sometimes we have to not take ourselves or life too seriously.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"I feel this will be a nice break from the political threads... " as you said. 😊
edit on 16-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

My methodology is simple and totally mathematically improbable. It may also have to do with why I have been alone for three years, but either way, it's the method that works for me.

Get in the clothes that make you feel comfortable, get in the bar that makes you feel at home, get amongst the people. Say hello to those you know, smile at those you do not know. If someone happens to walk into your life during that excursion to the bar, who blasts open your brains and guts with a presence so impactful that nuclear oblivion is less taxing to endure, then make some conversation. Be open minded and honest, be a gentleman. Apply zero pressure, do not bring your "game". Anyone who believes this is a game is not worth two seconds consideration after all.

If that does not work, is not enough, then try again another day. And in the meantime, keep your chin up.

That's how I fail to do it. But I would rather fail my way, than do it any how else. There is no magic in meeting randomers from the Internet. There has to be something impossible about the mathematics involved with a meeting that one is FATED to have with someone else. Simply put, do not plan for it, do not expect it, do not look for it. Meet people and date according to natural principles and patterns of movement, rather than using unnatural, forced circumstances.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I am not single, but I can tell you that you need to be bold. Not like desperate but honest.

If you like someone, say so. The time for beating around the bush passed. Not like a deadline or something. Its just absurd at our age and not where we should be mentally. Its a turn off.

Its just people our age have no patience for those who dont know what they want.

You can just very simply, smile and flirt with someone you like. A store, a post office where ever.

You dont have to act too direct but be forward and to the point. However you feel comfortable.

Dont expect the tricks of our 20s to work though.

Being coy and expecting the other person to buy and sell this wont work. Not for the type of ADULTS you want. That is what children like.

Also be human. Honestly, let people disagree. What you will want eventually is a normal nice person with a job. Thats all. Trust me.

Let them be however they are. Even if it seems like someone you would never even try. Lose the labels and know that every ones heart is the same inside regardless of everything we see outside. Political affiliations, hobbies, all of it. Its just noise.

If you are looking for something you dont even know what, you wont find it.

Accept people and let them love you.

Mr perfect? Like mrs perfect? Dont exist. We make em.

Hope this helps

edit on 3 16 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

And to top it off. She looked nothing like the zoosk photo. And more importantly nothing like the personality the was written on thier bio

You have to understand the language ....

GSOH, and bubbly personality?? = Overweight and loud!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

You know, member Texnictallity is a great flirtπŸ˜‰

This literally made me laugh out loud. I'm not terribly involved on here, but enough to see truth in written form!

To the op, I've often wondered about dating in today's age. I'm 30, and when I did the dating scene (which wasn't much, too shy), it was more just hanging out with coworkers. That's a little easier when you're 19/20 and waiting tables. I did meet a few people online. All nice, but nothing to speak of (except for one dude that, way too soon, unloaded on his cutting habits and having to hide his bloody rags). I think that halted any online activity for me.
edit on 16-3-2016 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2016 by chelsdh because: Need to proof read....

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

OK did you see this transpire? Like you were there.... lol..πŸ˜‚
You're not wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join