It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants entered Macedonia illegally because Arabic leaflet advised them to!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... donia-told-buses-waiting-Germany.html

Anyone following migrant crisis will have seen on news yesterday that 2,000 migrants crossed over a river yesterday to enter Macedonia illegally. For what it is worth I believe a lot of these are genuine Syrian refugee families its just a shame that Europe cant get its act together and urgently deport the hundreds of thousand of young men who came last year and are mostly economic migrants from Countries that are safe, that way Europe could help the genuine refugees.

However, the point of this thread is to question who wrote this leaflet and for what purpose. It certainly wasnt to helo the migrants as it promises them there will be trains and buses waiting in Macedonia to take them to Germany and is apparently signed by a German official who denies any knowledge of it. Whoever wrote this is cruel. I would also like to know why volunteers are helping migrants to cross illegally. Does this possibly mean No Borders activists are fueling this and for what purpose? Or, as someone suggested, have the media created it so they can direct a story that will sell for propaganda purposes, if so that is sick!
edit on 15-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

So if they were told to jump of the nearest bridge?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, that is just horrible.

ISIS trying to sneak in more operatives via chaos maybe?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Maybe or thinking about the smugglers have a lot to lose if a new route cant be found as sooner or later their business will stop as word gets out. Maybe they were testing Macedonia's weaknesses on border controls and used these people as guinea pigs to see what would happen if they crossed illegally. Apparently Macedonia sent them all back to Greece so obviously mean to stick to their closed borders.a reply to: markosity1973

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh noez! In other news, Americans kill birds illegally because English book advised them to!

Despite the alarmist title, this isn't really new. Anyone who follows human trafficking (and/or uses legal "travel groups") knows that there are always going to be fraudulent travel agents. Many times, the trafficking victims have spent a lot of money precisely because they're led to believe they're doing it the legal way.

Try booking with a travel agency to visit a random country that doesn't speak your native language. You'll realize very quickly just how much you'll come to depend on those agents and the honesty of their words. And this is even truer if you come from an area that doesn't have access to as much international information as we do in the West. One reason for having good travel agents is that they're supposed to know the laws involved and do things legally.

Edit to Add: For what it's worth, a lot of the victims of human trafficking into the US also fall for similar traps. A lot of times, they wind up having forged documentation even thought they paid for real documents. Just think about how many investors are screwed over in frauds and ponzi schemes, then apply that to immigration.
edit on 15-3-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ok, someone has to go there so it may as well be me.

Who in their right mind crosses a raging river, risking their lives, so they can be provided a "solution" and "buses waiting to take them to Germany". Sounds vaguely familiar.

I also think pinkish dreadlocks with shaved sides, septum piercing and gauged ears are not the refugee fashion at the moment. She isn't the only non refugee I saw in the photos.

Agendas.

hmmmmmmmmm.

Now back to our regular "programming".

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Oh noez! In other news, Americans kill birds illegally because English book advised them to!

Ms. Nelle Harper Lee just passed away last month. Do you really think the book was about killing a bird? Either way the comment is a little out of place considering the timing.

I agree with your points on trafficking but think you may want to expand your literary horizons.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Volund

(Facepalm) I know what the book is about. It was required reading when I was in grade school (unless you're joking).

I was obviously being sarcastic and posted that book cover in response to the sensationalist thread title. I thought my misspelled "Oh Noez!" made that clear. The thread starter makes quite a few alarmist threads about Islam, hence the "scary Arabic leaflet" in the title and my response to it.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, someone's manipulating someone with these leaflets! Lots of nice photos with crying children and helpful young men, yes lots of manipulation going on!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You obviously havent read the thread properly otherwise you would realise I havent mentioned anything to do with Islam! Where have I even remotely bought Islam into this? I said the leaflet was written in Arabic and I was wondering who and why, how does that relate to Islam? I also didnt say the leaflet was scary, cruel yes, sick joke yes, but not scary. It doesnt really matter what language it is written in its the contents that matter. You have completely misread the thread and YOU and only you have made this about Islam!a reply to: enlightenedservant

edit on 16-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Holy crap. Reading comprehension. I keep referring to your sensationalized title. I even posted that in my first post in your thread. I even put this in my 1st post too:

Despite the alarmist title, this isn't really new. Anyone who follows human trafficking (and/or uses legal "travel groups") knows that there are always going to be fraudulent travel agents. Many times, the trafficking victims have spent a lot of money precisely because they're led to believe they're doing it the legal way.

The rest of my post was focused on fraud in travel agencies.

And no, you didn't say "Islam" in your OP. But you did say

Syrian refugee families its just a shame that Europe cant get its act together and urgently deport the hundreds of thousand of young men

So who were you talking about? Especially since you have a habit of making similar threads about this topic. Context matters.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I did say a lot of the migrants seem to be genuine Syrian refugees and the economic migrants should be deported, I didnt say anything about Islam. Europe OR Germany offered to help genuine refugees from Syria last year and instead everyone decided to come 80% were young men and a lot were from Countries that are deemed safe so therefore are economic migrants and shouldnt have been allowed into Europe in the first place. As a consequence of Europe's failure to deal with this in an organised fashion last year border fences have now jumped up all over Europe and even Syrian refugees arent being allowed through. Therefore, in my opinion, there are many of the economic migrants who should be sent back to make way for the genuine refugess (especially families, elderly and sick/disabled).

Like many Europeans and British people I have been really concerned about national security as last year people were just being waved through to Germany with no security checks, refugee status checks etc. Just today it has been confirmed that the man killed in the raid yesterday in Brussels was an illegal immigrant with an AK47.

I would feel an whole lot safer giving an helping hand to the families etc (a lot of whom are muslims!).

It really upsets me when I see these people struggling to cross a river with young children, it makes me realise how desperate they are to do this, I too would do the sane in their position, however, I would opt for the proper shelters on offer and claim asylum in Greece if it meant my family was safe.

I created this thread because I would truly like to know who the sick people are who have given out these leaflets. I cant see how it would benefit people smugglers as they wouldnt make any money out of them crossing a river. They make their money putting the migrants in boats.

In all due respect I still dont understand how you equate my words you have quoted as relating to Islam when my words were nothing of the sort.

a reply to: enlightenedservant

top topics

join