It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one bytes the dust.... Rubio suspends campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, we called it , he's out..... started and ended... was It the small hands?

I was curious as to how long he would have been able to stay afloat. ..

Was it just the lies and so forth. Who will be next?

Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, who ran for president offering his youthful optimism and Cuban-American heritage as the embodiment of a new and more diverse generation of Republican leadership, but ultimately failed to galvanize voters in a much darker mood, said on Tuesday that he was suspending his presidential campaign.

Mr. Rubio made the announcement during a speech at his campaign headquarters in Miami after losing his home state by a large margin to Donald J. Trump.

Mr. Rubio, 44, was felled by many of the same forces that drove other contenders from the race: a deep anger at the Republican leadership, a level of mistrust among the party’s most motivated voters, a field of candidates splitting up the vote, and an inability to stop Mr. Trump from exploiting all those factors.

But Mr. Rubio also notably lacked what both Mr. Trump and Senator Ted Cruz could boast of: victories in a string of early nominating contests. Mr. Rubio carried only Minnesota, along with Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, sapping his campaign of critical energy and fueling the perception — no matter how hard he tried — that he was incapable of winning the nomination.

L I N K
edit on 15-3-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Stay afloat...... After losing your home state all you can do is sink!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

About time,

Are either of the two ATS Rubio supporters online?

Do either of them want to weigh in?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

after losing his home state by a large margin

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
He is a good man. It just wasn't his time this time.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
He is a good man. It just wasn't his time this time.

Please clarify when being sarcastic.

Some people around here would actually think you are being serious.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So I guess you could say, at the polls...

Rubio came up a bit short.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Kasich still has a chance. He has won his first state. Ohio , his home state. Now if he can win all the rest of the states with a high vote count in each state (90%),,,,,,second thought-,maybe not

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Rubio burned a lot of bridges when he got elected running on, among other things, a promise to fight amnesty at every level, and then he got to Washington and got into the Gang of 8 which was ... amnesty.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Kasich still has a chance. He has won his first state. Ohio , his home state. Now if he can win all the rest of the states with a high vote count in each state (90%),,,,,,second thought-,maybe not

Oh, no! Now that Kasich has won a state the media will declare the primary over and Kasich the winner. Trump is done.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

To "Suspend" does not mean anything other than he will continue to raise money and stay in in the shadows, still ready to do as he is told to including being at the convention ready to step up like a big boy if asked to.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

We shall see the outcome.

Thanks for posting, antar.. bad ass avatar as well

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Dang , you read my thoughts as I was posting that. And that was not the first time . How ya do that ?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Oh, no! Now that Kasich has won a state the media will declare the primary over and Kasich the winner. Trump is done.

No they won't. Trump is a media creation.

Trump's orange and pink combedover mug is on the TV more than another face in this country. He has a team of surrogates who do nothing but hop from panel to panel doing damage control on the stupid crap that Donald Trump says.

Donald Trump opens every rally with his spiel about how the media does nothing but lie about him [because the establishment hates him] — in front of a coral full of media.

Yet the media LOVES Donald Trump because the whole spectacle of it has people tuning in.

You want to know how the media actually kills somebody's campaign? THEY DON'T COVER IT.

P.S.

Do you think the feuds in wrasslin' are real too?
edit on 2016-3-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Dang , you read my thoughts as I was posting that. And that was not the first time . How ya do that ?

Could it be that you share the exact same source of predigested opinions?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Could it be that you share the exact same source of predigested opinions?

That statement contradicts itself
Try again , please/

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Trump is a media creation.

the media LOVES Donald Trump because the whole spectacle of it has people tuning in.

You want to know how the media actually kills somebody's campaign? THEY DON'T COVER IT.

The media loves watchers/listners/readers/clicks. Because that equals $.

Donald Trump's outrageousness means people watch/listen/read/click. Hell, *I* click, and I'm sort of tired of the circus.

That doesn't mean they love Trump. They just love $.

You're right about the coverage, though. They ignored and laughed at him until they realized there was money to be made.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yaayyyyy🙌. At this point honestly, it's Soooo crazy. VP Joe Biden could jump in and probably win. This constant back and forth bashing will make me pick the less of many evils.

Prediction. If Trump and or Clinton wins. A grassy knoll and "Dallas" situation could happen. Everything is that vicious at this point. Everyone is that divided anymore.
I think I'll take a job mining the moon indefinitely. Or better yet a one way ticket to Mars. 🚀🌛🍻

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oh great 2 of the Ridiculous '8' Political Pundits has fallen.

Alas...I wonder who will C and B next.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
When's he getting in the pickup truck for his nationwide tour?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join