It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS-affiliated ‘kill list’ of St. Paul, Minnesota cops may be linked to hack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

By Mara H. Gottfried | [email protected]

March 15, 2016 | UPDATED: 6 hours ago

Personal information posted about dozens of Minnesota police officers, allegedly by a group affiliated with ISIS, may have been hacked from the Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association website.

“That is one theory that the FBI is working on,” MPPOA executive director Dennis Flaherty said Tuesday of what he’s been told.

The Caliphate Cyber Army, a pro-ISIS hacker group, posted information Monday about 34 people, including some home addresses and cellphone numbers, according to the Middle East Media Research Institute’s Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor. Each entry also said, “Wanted to be killed.”

The FBI is investigating and working with the law enforcement agencies of the affected officers “to make certain that officers have a heightened sense of awareness,” said local FBI spokesman Kyle Loven.

SNIP

On March 2, the CCA had posted a statement on Telegram claiming it obtained personnel data about 55 officers from New Jersey and New York; it also included a link to the data, which included work addresses and working locations of officers, according to the Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor.

www.twincities.com...

In case some people don't know, MN has a very large immigrant population, specifically:

Minnesota has been the heart of the battle against homegrown terrorism, chiefly among the large Somali immigrant community in Minneapolis. At least 10 Minnesota men have been charged in an alleged conspiracy to travel to Syria and fight for ISIS, and several dozen are believed to have left the country since 2007 to join ISIS or the Somali terrorist group Al-Shabab.

And THIS IS WHY immigrants need to be vetted, and why people need to think about just exactly who they are letting in their neighborhoods.

This behavior will come to be the norm. Instead of eliminating the problem, we have to bone up and deal with it. Once again, I'm glad I live in a small rural community. Which by the way, recently had an article in the local newspaper by the editor, of his wish to bring in young male Muslim (yes, he used THAT word) immigrants so our wrestling team would be better and possibly win state. He also doesn't post letters from people in the community in opposition to his propaganda but people were furious at his ulterior motives.

Like I have stated before, our world is changing and it's changing fast. On every level, change is like a bullet train, I believe in another 20 years, we'll be discussing events we never dreamed of 20 years ago. This particular scenario though is especially frightening.

edit on 15-3-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Personal information posted about dozens of Minnesota police officers, allegedly by a group affiliated with ISIS, may have been hacked from the Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association website.

Somehow, I didn't get how they established they believed the alleged, maybe hacked link to ISIS.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Damn shame!

Especially since the Feds are giving tax payer money to teach those we have welcomed to our country as guests in the state of MN how to not become terrorists are now a threat to the safety of our law enforcement officers and citizens!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Really?????? Because it's in the above info. But I'll put it here again.

On March 2, the CCA had posted a statement on Telegram claiming it obtained personnel data about 55 officers from New Jersey and New York; it also included a link to the data, which included work addresses and working locations ofofficers, according to the Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor.

CCA is the Caliphate Cyber Army. I guess when they used the word "obtained", it indicted they hacked the info, else how did they get addresses and working locations? If the FBI is working on the hack theory, I'm sure they have reason to believe a hack was involved.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I fully agree no mass migration should be permitted without previous vetting and clearances. this is the same point that many see Trump as a Xenophobe.

Caution and fear are two different things.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If the FBI is working on the hack theory, I'm sure they have reason to believe a hack was involved.

I don't. In fact if the Federal BI is involved, its probably BS. They been faking terror incidents, ya know.

imo

Edit: search result
edit on 15-3-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hope the cops ask St Paul's VETS to help out...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I actually heard this on the news earlier today, it was discovered on the dark web. It's hard for me to contemplate but I have to wonder, did they think this wouldn't get discovered? Also, what's the objective? Possibly to get immigrants positioned in law enforcement???? I know, a reach but hey, it's swimming around in my brain so I gotta put it out here.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If the FBI is working on the hack theory, I'm sure they have reason to believe a hack was involved.

I don't. In fact if the Federal BI is involved, its probably BS. They been faking terror incidents, ya know.

imo

Edit: search result

Uhhh, yeaaaahhhh. OK. Sorry everyone, false alarm.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Here's a bit from the Washington Post:

A congressional report from last November said one in four Americans who has attempted to join the Islamic State group is from Minnesota.

This is not the first time a hacking group has released personal details of U.S. law enforcement or military personnel.

The list, published by the “Caliphate Cyber Army” on the encrypted mobile app Telegram, includes full names, home addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of all the policemen, according to Vocativ.

In November, a group called “Islamic State Cyber Army” posted names and addresses of people who have worked with American security agencies, although some of those details were previously posted online, Vocativ reported.

Islamic State supporters have also posted the personal details of prominent U.S. soldiers like Rob O’Neill, the U.S. Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden.

Last year, hackers were able to penetrate the Twitter and YouTube accounts of the U.S. Central Command.

Last week, the Caliphate Cyber Army posted a threat on its Telegram channel, warning that its next round of attacks would target financial institutions.

“It will include banks, money transfer services, stocks and so on. Beware of us, economical war has just started,” the message said, according to Vocativ.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Bold emphasis is mine. I don't take these threats lightly. None of them. Regardless if they are successful or not, the intent and endeavor are there.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Somehow, I didn't get how they established they believed the alleged, maybe hacked link to ISIS.

Some sympathy with that...it's in the word alleged
Besides, how do you vet people.....Post haste? I don't think so.
If the FBI have a handle on the matter already there should be no theorising. As for those leaving the country to fight with ISIS, probably young and full of crapola. It happened here so easy, and it was an Englishman who formed the Provisional IRA, who just happened to be as right wing as you can get.
For the OP, yes it sure can be frightening, but be careful where you use the paint brush. To add in explanation, you could hurt the good guys along with the bad. That's no so good.

edit on 15-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Some sympathy with that…it's in the word alleged…

Yuhuh.

…allegedly by a group affiliated with ISIS, may have been hacked…

Not only but sounds like a cover story, blaming mysterious group 'allegedly affiliated with ISIS', calling this a terror incident, 'may have' hacked some police files.

Sets off the BS alarms when they present stories that way. They present them with that wording because the issuing press agency doesn't believe it either.

new topics

top topics

join