It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami aid money used for Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
First off, I'm not saying that Tsunami Aid is used for terrorism. A terrible event happened to millions and I'm not making light of the situation.

However, wouldn’t this be the most opportune time to illegally fund terrorist? Millions in aid all across the world has been sent to these disaster wrought countries. But how much of it is actually used to help the victims of the Tsunami?

The reason why I question this is because I've recently seen small agencies pop-up across the UK as well as America claiming to be a mediator between the your money and Tsunami victims. You give them the money in good faith that it is going to cross the ocean and arrive safely in the hands of these victims, but how legit are these organizations?

Have I just had one too many cups from the 'Paranoia Punchbowl' of ATS or can something like this truly happen?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
First off, I'm not saying that Tsunami Aid is used for terrorism. A terrible event happened to millions and I'm not making light of the situation.

However, wouldn’t this be the most opportune time to illegally fund terrorist? Millions in aid all across the world has been sent to these disaster wrought countries. But how much of it is actually used to help the victims of the Tsunami?

The reason why I question this is because I've recently seen small agencies pop-up across the UK as well as America claiming to be a mediator between the your money and Tsunami victims. You give them the money in good faith that it is going to cross the ocean and arrive safely in the hands of these victims, but how legit are these organizations?

Have I just had one too many cups from the 'Paranoia Punchbowl' of ATS or can something like this truly happen?

It could happen, and that is why there are some organizations that are promoted by the government because those charities put the money to good use.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yes...it could happen...

That's why you need to be carefull on who you give money too...

I remember a post here ( somewhere ) on which org's to give money too...

You've got to keep this in mind, a tragety such as this will always bring out the money grubbers, and false org's that are only interested in getting your money, that's the dark side of human nature...

Just be careful of who you give too...

new topics

join