It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Finds More Libertarians in the Electorate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It sounds like people are finally getting fed up with Big Government in the U.S. The people are finally saying NO MORE big brother. I think the constant NSA surveillance, class warfare and the taking away of our rights has caught up with the Establishment. It is about damn time.

The Gallup Poll has a new estimate of the number of libertarians in the American electorate. In their 2015 Governance survey they find that 27 percent of respondents can be characterized as libertarians, the highest number it has ever found. The latest results also make libertarians the largest group in the electorate, as compared to 26 percent conservative, 23 percent liberal, and 15 percent populist.

LINK

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If true, when are they finally going to unite behind the Libertarian Party? They could even fund their state offices and election campaigns the way Bernie supporters fund him; through small donations and volunteer work. Then they wouldn't need to keep relying on the Republican Party and its infrastructure.

note: I'm saying this as a person that wants the Dems & Repubs replaced with a strong Libertarian Party and a strong progressive party. Of course, the Libertarian Party and the Progressive/Green/Whoever Party would have to reject the powerbrokers of the current system, or they'd simply become the new Dems and Repubs (as in, different name but same policies).

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Good to hear. We need to be active on the local level with solid and demonstrable success before we can translate this to the national level if we ever hope to rein in the insanity issuing from both parties.

There are more people closer to the middle politically in the United States then the lunatics that occupy the far right and left, if we can appeal to them with sound fiscal, social and economic platforms the ability to minimize the Democratic and Republican parties becomes much more achievable.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure now, Trump will win it.

Deep down people are sick to death of Gov't which never changes year after year, it only gets more and more disturbing. People because of this one Man, are being shaken up out of their Delusions and opening their eye's for the first time in decades.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
I'm pretty sure now, Trump will win it.

He may win it but he is not a Libertarian nor does he espouse Libertarian ideals.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not all things Libertarian are manifest equals amongst all Mankind. I like his view on things, i like that he speaks freely and openly and doesn't hide behind that big purple curtain like the rest of the Gov't has for decades on important issues Voters should be involved in, and a part of as a Country in it's entirety. However, being a non Lib does Not mean you don't have morals or care about People that's just a myth drawn out by opposition. Most people are aware of this.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Not all things Libertarian are manifest equals amongst all Mankind.

I never implied they were, only that Trump is not a Libertarian. Hell, he is not even a Republican.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes i know, i just like to be explanatory when i'm answering questions. Tis my Virgoan side i suppose. And Thankyou for your reply.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think that it boils down to people not realizing that there is even a libertarian option out there, or even what "libertarian" means, other than the caricature put out there of anarchists smoking weed and shooting guns--but even then, I doubt that your average voter even knows that caricature.

I didn't know that I was libertarian-minded until I took multiple political-spectrum quizzes online and it showed me where my ideology ended up. Then that allowed me to research the ideology of a group of people with whom I was unacquainted.

Now I'm a pretty big advocate of the libertarian ideology (with a lower-case "L," as I don't agree with everything they say), and I throw the term "libertarian" out there quite a lot, because I truly believe that the majority of Americans are libertarian-minded.

top topics

join